Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . 09:40 - May 17 with 1383 viewsArnieM

So that changes things for next season . They’ll likely keep their players snd given the funding , bring in more good players .

League One is starting to look VERY difficult to get out of … certainly no pushover given the number of “ big” Clubs now in it …..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:46 - May 17 with 1322 viewsITFC_Forever

It doesn't really.... the sale had to go through, or they would cease to exist.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:46 - May 17 with 1326 viewsBig_Jase

I really don’t understand why people are worried about Derby, they are in a right mess even if the sale does go through.

I believe they are also facing another points penalty.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:50 - May 17 with 1273 viewsBlueNomad

It is down to us to avoid dropping all the stupid points we did last season - we can't worry about those who might be top if we don't beat those at the bottom.

Ultimately I think we will be feared but have to do the business we are capable of.
Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:52 - May 17 with 1268 viewsSheffordBlue

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:46 - May 17 by Big_Jase

I really don’t understand why people are worried about Derby, they are in a right mess even if the sale does go through.

There were two potential points penalties:

1) There is a suspended sentence of 2 points for a failure to pay wages on time. If they don't pay this months wages this would come into play. It looks like Kirchener has put some temporary money into the club which would probably stop this happening.

2) If the new owners fail to pay creditors 25p in the £ (or 35p over 3 years) then they would get a 15 point penalty. Will be interesting to see if the Kirchner deal avoids this. Money going to creditors isn't going on a new squad. I would imagine they would try to avoid this deduction at all costs to try and bounce back to the Championship at the first go.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:58 - May 17 with 1226 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Everything you've said, was exactly what other L1 fans were saying about us when we came down.....4 years later......

Unless Derby coming down automatically makes all the other clubs better, if we win all the games we should do, we could lose to Derby twice and still go up as Champions.

The last few years should have made it obvious that this league is difficult for everyone, including Derby.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 10:14 - May 17 with 1100 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I'm sure every club was worried about us coming down a few years ago. Also Sunderland, Charlton and Sheff Wed.
Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 10:14 - May 17 with 1097 viewsdavblue

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:46 - May 17 by Big_Jase

they ended up with 55 points without the points reduction, they would have been about 17th, which isn't any great shakes but with that group it wasn't too bad to be honest.

Im not sure worried is the right word but if they get their sh1t together they will be a challenger. It all depends on how many players they bring in of course and how many they lose.
Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 10:24 - May 17 with 1029 viewsArnieM

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:58 - May 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Everything you've said, was exactly what other L1 fans were saying about us when we came down.....4 years later......

Unless Derby coming down automatically makes all the other clubs better, if we win all the games we should do, we could lose to Derby twice and still go up as Champions.

The last few years should have made it obvious that this league is difficult for everyone, including Derby.

Oh I agree with you … but who has/ had the better squad ? Us when we got relegated or Derby’s now? I’d say Derby have a far stronger squad , and are going to keep the majority of those players now due to the take over . They only got relegated because of the 21pts deduction , otherwise they’d have finished mid table ( roughly )… so they will be a huge team next season in my humble opinion . I can see them running away the title frankly!

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 10:29 - May 17 with 981 viewsdavblue

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 10:24 - May 17 by ArnieM

Oh I agree with you … but who has/ had the better squad ? Us when we got relegated or Derby’s now? I’d say Derby have a far stronger squad , and are going to keep the majority of those players now due to the take over . They only got relegated because of the 21pts deduction , otherwise they’d have finished mid table ( roughly )… so they will be a huge team next season in my humble opinion . I can see them running away the title frankly!

Depends on what the owner is like also.

Post takeover owners like to make a splash, a statement ij the transfer market but rarely are those deals good for the club long term. Have they got the behind the scenes recruitment team in place still if the admins cut costs.

It's a bit unknown, i do agree they have a stronger squad than we did, but Lawrence is out of contract and he's on 40k a week apparently, are they going to keep that wage, unlikely i would have thought.
Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 11:49 - May 17 with 786 viewsArnieM

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 10:29 - May 17 by davblue

Depends on what the owner is like also.

Post takeover owners like to make a splash, a statement ij the transfer market but rarely are those deals good for the club long term. Have they got the behind the scenes recruitment team in place still if the admins cut costs.

It's a bit unknown, i do agree they have a stronger squad than we did, but Lawrence is out of contract and he's on 40k a week apparently, are they going to keep that wage, unlikely i would have thought.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens won’t it. But I really do feel Derby will be favourites for the title … as long as we come 2nd I don’t mind 👍

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 12:16 - May 17 with 707 viewsChurchman

Looks like Derbys sale is set to go through now . on 09:50 - May 17 by BlueNomad

It is down to us to avoid dropping all the stupid points we did last season - we can't worry about those who might be top if we don't beat those at the bottom.

Ultimately I think we will be feared but have to do the business we are capable of.

Exactly this. If we get it right, we won’t have to worry about anybody else, any more than Wigan did this season. It’s entirely up to us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024