Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now 15:25 - May 17 with 1062 viewsGeoffSentence

Which is a bit of a change of tone. I wonder if that is because he doesnt think Turkey will let it happen anyway.

https://www.politico.eu/article/putin-russia-no-problem-finland-sweden-join-nato

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 15:30 - May 17 with 1008 viewspointofblue

I wonder if Russia put pressure on Turkey, or reminded them of the Kurdish support in those two countries.

This doesn’t come as a complete surprise to me as I read a senior politician in Russia pointed out than Russia has ‘territory’ in Ukraine but doesn’t in Finland or Sweden.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 15:30 - May 17 with 1003 viewsgeg1992

I think that's exactly why - Turkey will block it.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 15:31 - May 17 with 1003 viewsfooters

This whole sorry affair must go down as one of the biggest custard pies in the face in modern military history (maybe aside from Vietnam?).

I'm sure Guthers or other board savants will be along to correct me soon though!

What a waste. Everything's completely backfired, economies crippled and such a loss of life. For what, exactly?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 15:46 - May 17 with 931 viewsZXBlue

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 15:30 - May 17 by pointofblue

I wonder if Russia put pressure on Turkey, or reminded them of the Kurdish support in those two countries.

This doesn’t come as a complete surprise to me as I read a senior politician in Russia pointed out than Russia has ‘territory’ in Ukraine but doesn’t in Finland or Sweden.

Turkey are closer to Russia than I am comfortable with. I have no doubt they were leaned on.
Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 15:50 - May 17 with 904 viewspointofblue

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 15:46 - May 17 by ZXBlue

Turkey are closer to Russia than I am comfortable with. I have no doubt they were leaned on.

And it’s the issue with NATO trying to expel them as well, if they continue to drag their heals over Sweden and Finland. They’ll just stick two fingers up and get ever closer to Moscow.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 16:22 - May 17 with 805 viewsMattinLondon

Thinking outside of the box can’t all countries join the same military alliance and then have to legally invade themselves if they threaten any other countries?
[Post edited 17 May 2022 16:25]
Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 16:36 - May 17 with 749 viewsJ2BLUE

NATO seems to be just a theory.

We can all buy in as long as it's not truly tested. I think quite a few countries would give it some serious thought before joining any war even if a smaller NATO country is attacked.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 16:54 - May 17 with 692 viewsElephantintheRoom

Russia has already nicked bits of Finland in 1939 - it's not a priority. Ukraine is full of Nazis and next door - and in between vlad and Moldova..... so a bit more important. Fewer trees and better resources too.

I suspect the Baltic states have good reason to be worried. I cant see Prime Minister Jeremy Hunt being overly concerned if some of their Russian speakers in the Baltic states discover those places are full of Nazis and they need recuing by Vlad too in a couple of years.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Vlad is cool about Finland and Sweden joining NATO now on 17:50 - May 17 with 556 viewsfactual_blue

Once Turkey has squeezed a few quid out of the States, their objections will disappear.

I was amused to see putin is now micro-managing the war, taking tactical decisions appropriate to colonels.

Anybody seen the film Downfall?

'Wo ist Steiner'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024