Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch invasions 23:20 - May 17 with 1899 viewsdominiciawful

Seeing the Forest fans on the pitch made me rather jealous and sad about how we have had nothing to really cheer for so long. Next season, hopefully.

And then I remembered Norwich's "pitch invasion" in 2015 and cringed - surely the worst of all time? If you're gonna do it then do it properly.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Pitch invasions on 00:53 - May 18 with 1795 viewsFifeITFC

Shame about the idiot that assaulted Billy Sharp with what appears to be a headbutt. Hopefully a ban and some jail time is coming his way.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Pitch invasions on 01:33 - May 18 with 1767 viewsIllinoisblue

Pitch invasions on 00:53 - May 18 by FifeITFC

Shame about the idiot that assaulted Billy Sharp with what appears to be a headbutt. Hopefully a ban and some jail time is coming his way.

Video here. Idiot should get a few years in prison. Cowardly attack too just bowled into him. Guarantee his solicitor will try and spin it as an accident.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pitch invasions on 05:27 - May 18 with 1632 viewsChondzoresk

Pitch invasions on 01:33 - May 18 by Illinoisblue

Video here. Idiot should get a few years in prison. Cowardly attack too just bowled into him. Guarantee his solicitor will try and spin it as an accident.

The ghost of Brian Clough to run onto the pitch and slap a few of them.
Pitch invasions on 06:41 - May 18 with 1507 viewsSitfcB

FFS that’s horrific.

Love a good pitch invasion, which last nights was, but no need for people like that being t*ats.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Pitch invasions on 07:45 - May 18 with 1343 viewsEastTownBlue

A 31 year old has been arrested over the incident.
Pitch invasions on 07:58 - May 18 with 1298 viewsMetal_Hacker

Pitch invasions on 01:33 - May 18 by Illinoisblue

WOW - I missed that

That's just vile

F**king animal should get time for that

Poll: If it were one or the other

Pitch invasions on 08:15 - May 18 with 1224 viewshatch

Call me boring but I’d rather we didn’t pitch invade if we had success. It always looks to disappoint the management team as it means the players and coaching staff can’t genuinely celebrate on the pitch as a group after all their hard work.

Steve Cooper performer a miracle this season for them and should be able to take in the adoration of his fans on a walk around the pitch but instead he had to sprint into the tunnel and enjoy the success in the changing room.

I know emotions get the better of people and last night was momentous for Forest but I’d rather we stayed in the stands - particularly if it was to celebrate a League One success.
Pitch invasions on 09:03 - May 18 with 1111 viewsSouperJim

Pitch invasions on 05:27 - May 18 by Chondzoresk

The ghost of Brian Clough to run onto the pitch and slap a few of them.

Reckon he'll struggle to defend that as an "accident", given that he runs straight for him and dips his head to make contact. Deserves everything he gets.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

The Bolton semi-final wunder game was worthy of a pitch invasion.. on 09:07 - May 18 with 1104 viewsunstableblue

… and we certainly did surge onto the pitch! In a Suffolk friendly stylee…. No Bolton player head butts!!

It was just an amazing game… made that Forest game look tame last night…. And having missed out on Wembley on a number of occasions - it was just a moment of pure celebration for the town fans on the pitch

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

The Bolton semi-final wunder game was worthy of a pitch invasion.. on 09:09 - May 18 with 1087 viewsRomeo4

The Bolton semi-final wunder game was worthy of a pitch invasion.. on 09:07 - May 18 by unstableblue

… and we certainly did surge onto the pitch! In a Suffolk friendly stylee…. No Bolton player head butts!!

It was just an amazing game… made that Forest game look tame last night…. And having missed out on Wembley on a number of occasions - it was just a moment of pure celebration for the town fans on the pitch

If we ever do get to celebrate something I suspect it’ll be one heck of a party. We must be due one?!……….please
Pitch invasions on 09:15 - May 18 with 1068 viewsBlueBadger

Pitch invasions on 07:45 - May 18 by EastTownBlue

A 31 year old has been arrested over the incident.

It's always the ones that are old enough to know better isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pitch invasions on 09:41 - May 18 with 1019 viewsFifeITFC

Pitch invasions on 06:41 - May 18 by SitfcB

FFS that’s horrific.

Love a good pitch invasion, which last nights was, but no need for people like that being t*ats.

That's my concern in this day and age. For 99.9% it was always harmless, but nowadays that number is slipping dramatically and there are more likely to be idiots doing stuff like this. You realise how exposed and at risk the opposing team are, it was only a matter of time.

As much as it's largely enjoyment, but it's reasons like this that pitch invasions must stop. Likewise, the solo runner trying to get a player's shirt etc. You just don't know if they're a potential nutter.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Pitch invasions on 09:44 - May 18 with 1009 viewsSTYG

Pitch invasions on 09:41 - May 18 by FifeITFC

That's my concern in this day and age. For 99.9% it was always harmless, but nowadays that number is slipping dramatically and there are more likely to be idiots doing stuff like this. You realise how exposed and at risk the opposing team are, it was only a matter of time.

As much as it's largely enjoyment, but it's reasons like this that pitch invasions must stop. Likewise, the solo runner trying to get a player's shirt etc. You just don't know if they're a potential nutter.

I have never really understood why it's so easy for fans to access the pitch in this manner.

I get the safety need post Hillsborough, but seems that there are easy ways to design stands that negate allowing fans to easily access the pitch in such numbers. Other countries have managed it fine by allowing mass exit to the sides of the stand and having the front rows raised slightly, with or without steps, or having higher walls at the front of the stand and starting the seating slightly back so the view is the same.

You can't expect a few stewards on minimum wage to want to take on some 20st drunk thug charging towards them.
Pitch invasions on 09:50 - May 18 with 1013 viewsEastTownBlue

Fair play to Billy Sharp for this statement.

Pitch invasions on 09:54 - May 18 with 985 viewsSTYG

Pitch invasions on 09:50 - May 18 by EastTownBlue

Fair play to Billy Sharp for this statement.

Always found Sharp to be absolute class.

From the way he's dealt with incredible tragedy, the way he's taken abuse from the fans over his weight and owned it to the point that it stopped being used against him, to stuff like this.

Very underrated player. Great goalscorer, who got to score for his team at the highest level and seems to be very well liked at all his clubs.

Very impressive statement from him in the circumstances and full of class.
Pitch invasions on 09:58 - May 18 with 970 viewsMattinLondon

Pitch invasions on 09:15 - May 18 by BlueBadger

It's always the ones that are old enough to know better isn't it?

Anyone over the age of six is old enough to know better. No doubt he’ll blame alcohol but that’s no excuse at all.

Hopefully he’ll be banned for life.
Pitch invasions on 10:00 - May 18 with 965 viewsSTYG

Pitch invasions on 09:58 - May 18 by MattinLondon

Anyone over the age of six is old enough to know better. No doubt he’ll blame alcohol but that’s no excuse at all.

Hopefully he’ll be banned for life.

Forest confirmed they'd issue a lifetime ban.

Great news. People saying that he's not a football fan and he's just a thug. I hope it's both and that he's absolutely gutted to miss the final, the Premier League and every match ever.
Pitch invasions on 10:10 - May 18 with 939 viewsjayessess

Pitch invasions on 09:41 - May 18 by FifeITFC

A couple of Luton players got some grief off Huddersfield's pitch invaders too. I suspect that the attack on Billy Sharp will be the final straw and wheels will already be turning to prevent similar happening next season.

Easier said than done though. You can't hire enough stewards to stop 30,000 people doing what they want. You'd need riot police and that just creates a whole other set of problems.

It's sad because if we could just have a good-natured pitch invasion and people behave themselves, it'd save all the issues and give everyone a good, fairly innocent, bit of carnivalesque rebellious joy.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Pitch invasions on 10:39 - May 18 with 883 viewsMattinLondon

Pitch invasions on 10:10 - May 18 by jayessess

A couple of Luton players got some grief off Huddersfield's pitch invaders too. I suspect that the attack on Billy Sharp will be the final straw and wheels will already be turning to prevent similar happening next season.

Easier said than done though. You can't hire enough stewards to stop 30,000 people doing what they want. You'd need riot police and that just creates a whole other set of problems.

It's sad because if we could just have a good-natured pitch invasion and people behave themselves, it'd save all the issues and give everyone a good, fairly innocent, bit of carnivalesque rebellious joy.

True, you can’t hire the amount of security staff needed to prevent a huge crowd from invading the pitch. But you can slap a points deduction on teams whose fans are guilty of it. A suspended points deduction if it’s an invasion that doesn’t have any unsavoury undertones. But a five point penalty for that level of stupidness.
Pitch invasions on 13:07 - May 18 with 773 viewshoppy

Pitch invasions on 07:58 - May 18 by Metal_Hacker

WOW - I missed that

That's just vile

F**king animal should get time for that

That clip doesn't even show the extent of it. He runs almost the same distance again prior to where that clip comes in, directly at Sharp.
Awful behaviour, and rightly should get a lifetime ban as well as time.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 13:11]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Pitch invasions on 13:23 - May 18 with 745 viewsjayessess

Pitch invasions on 10:39 - May 18 by MattinLondon

True, you can’t hire the amount of security staff needed to prevent a huge crowd from invading the pitch. But you can slap a points deduction on teams whose fans are guilty of it. A suspended points deduction if it’s an invasion that doesn’t have any unsavoury undertones. But a five point penalty for that level of stupidness.

EFL statement suggests they'll be cracking down in future:

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024