Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… 08:18 - May 18 with 2041 viewsSitfcB

Good to see it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 08:23 - May 18 with 1978 viewsParky

Excellent stuff.
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 08:32 - May 18 with 1953 viewsgeg1992

Agreed, so great to see. I didn't realise how harsh the penalties are though!

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 08:36 - May 18 with 1926 viewsFtnfwest

i can't even get a bottle top into wembley...
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 08:37 - May 18 with 1924 viewsSitfcB

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 08:32 - May 18 by geg1992

Agreed, so great to see. I didn't realise how harsh the penalties are though!

Yeah got to be careful, I personally wouldn’t risk taking some into a ground ha.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 10:56 - May 18 with 1775 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 11:34 - May 18 with 1731 viewsSTYG

Whilst I am sure the yoof love this sort of thing and it looks great in a picture, what are the health impacts here?

A Charlton fan lobbed one which hit his own fans, scaring the women it landed on half to death, and about 03 seconds later our stand was filled with smoke. At least 20 different people were coughing their guts up, the smell was horrible and one bloke was still coughing late into that match. That was just from it drifting over.

There must be some potential serious issues for some fans if one of those goes off near you and you have asthma or breathing issues or are elderly.

I take it back if they are harmless, but the sort of people coughing didn't look they were doing so for a bit of attention, they looked in genuine discomfort from 20-30 yards from where it landed.
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 11:42 - May 18 with 1706 viewsKieran_Knows

This tweet made me laugh the other day, so true.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 12:02 - May 18 with 1643 viewsParky

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 11:42 - May 18 by Kieran_Knows

This tweet made me laugh the other day, so true.

Similar to Forest releasing a statement about pyrotechnics, even asking Brennan Johnson to make a statement about it. The same player literally holding one in Sitters’ above picture.

Login to get fewer ads

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 12:07 - May 18 with 1611 viewsGlasgowBlue

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 10:56 - May 18 by Lord_Lucan

Worth your while setting up a cart outside Portman Road on matchday?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 12:18 - May 18 with 1519 viewsdirtyboy

Depends, some smoke bombs are non-toxic, I'd imagine, given the red ones below have bright lights, they're burning pretty hot and are not just your average smoke bomb, but a proper flare that are required on boats etc which are pretty awful (had one go off indoors once....drunk dad on NYE and a batch of expired flares lol!) not nice and stained all the walls!

The issues are when they're causing coughing, then they get lobbed and can end up on people or the pitch and cause damage.

They look ace though...not sure what the workaround will ever be.
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 12:24 - May 18 with 1501 viewsGeoffSentence

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 12:18 - May 18 by dirtyboy

Depends, some smoke bombs are non-toxic, I'd imagine, given the red ones below have bright lights, they're burning pretty hot and are not just your average smoke bomb, but a proper flare that are required on boats etc which are pretty awful (had one go off indoors once....drunk dad on NYE and a batch of expired flares lol!) not nice and stained all the walls!

The issues are when they're causing coughing, then they get lobbed and can end up on people or the pitch and cause damage.

sparklers

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 12:56 - May 18 with 1456 viewsLord_Lucan

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 12:18 - May 18 by dirtyboy

A smoke is different than a flare and a standard T1 flare is different from a marine flare.

What you are seeing in the main are T1 smokes - these are not flares and they are non noxic - although they do smell a bit and can make you cough. You simply cannot sell or buy toxic items!

ScotGov are looking at a new bill to prohibit the sale of both T1 smokes and T1 flares but it is needless as current law already dictates it is illegal to fire a firework or pyrotechnic device in a public place, it's simply that the law is not being enforced .

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:14 - May 18 with 1416 viewsTJS

I always wonder if coloured smoke bombs are manufactured specifically for use at football.
I can't see who else would use them on any significant scale.
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:15 - May 18 with 1408 viewsSheffordBlue

Looks like the EFL either disagree or have to appear to disagree.......

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/may/efl-statement-crowd-behaviour/

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:20 - May 18 with 1390 viewsTJS

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:15 - May 18 by SheffordBlue

Looks like the EFL either disagree or have to appear to disagree.......

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/may/efl-statement-crowd-behaviour/

I was always under the impression that the law states it is only actually a criminal offence to enter the pitch DURING play.
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:29 - May 18 with 1366 viewsSheffordBlue

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:20 - May 18 by TJS

I was always under the impression that the law states it is only actually a criminal offence to enter the pitch DURING play.

This is all the law says, it doesn't specify play. I don't know how case law has evolved this i.e where a particular case has set a precedent

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1991/19/section/4

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:33 - May 18 with 1359 viewsLord_Lucan

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:14 - May 18 by TJS

I always wonder if coloured smoke bombs are manufactured specifically for use at football.
I can't see who else would use them on any significant scale.

Sales of smokes for football probably equate to less than 10%

Other uses apart from general fun include weddings (particularly Asian), gender reveals, photography, battle reenactments, video shoots etc etc

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:44 - May 18 with 1317 viewsportmanroadblue

Still cant beat a barrage of bog rolls being thrown.
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 14:01 - May 18 with 1272 viewsRyorry

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 11:34 - May 18 by STYG

Whilst I am sure the yoof love this sort of thing and it looks great in a picture, what are the health impacts here?

A Charlton fan lobbed one which hit his own fans, scaring the women it landed on half to death, and about 03 seconds later our stand was filled with smoke. At least 20 different people were coughing their guts up, the smell was horrible and one bloke was still coughing late into that match. That was just from it drifting over.

There must be some potential serious issues for some fans if one of those goes off near you and you have asthma or breathing issues or are elderly.

I take it back if they are harmless, but the sort of people coughing didn't look they were doing so for a bit of attention, they looked in genuine discomfort from 20-30 yards from where it landed.

This discussion has been aired many times before on twtd forum, & always ended with some people on here demonstrating that whatever lip-service they may pay to the contrary, they literally don't care about the serious health problems these pyros may cause those who have asthma and/or other respiratory or health problems. Not to mention the potential for injuries.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 14:05 - May 18 with 1249 viewsTJS

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 13:29 - May 18 by SheffordBlue

This is all the law says, it doesn't specify play. I don't know how case law has evolved this i.e where a particular case has set a precedent

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1991/19/section/4

It seems the precedent would lean to not prosecuting people entering the pitch after play has finished which suits 99.9% of football supporters in celebratory pitch invasions.
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 14:06 - May 18 with 1246 viewsSTYG

The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 14:01 - May 18 by Ryorry

This discussion has been aired many times before on twtd forum, & always ended with some people on here demonstrating that whatever lip-service they may pay to the contrary, they literally don't care about the serious health problems these pyros may cause those who have asthma and/or other respiratory or health problems. Not to mention the potential for injuries.

It's typical of the selfish attitude of people really to put their own enjoyment over that of the wellbeing of others.

As a club I reckon we must be right up there in terms of good behaviour of supporters and yet at both Wycombe and Wimbledon I saw a disabled fans of ours being wheeled away by a carer or steward after they'd be jumped all over during the goal celebrations. One woman, can't remember which of those two matches it was (Wimbledon I think) was in tears and distraught.

I just can't imagine any situation (even Bolton in the playoffs) where I'd not be aware of someone in front of me in a wheelchair when I started to celebrate.

Really took the shine off enjoying the goal for me, but to some (not most - but still enough people) it's all about their fun, no doubt capturing it on video to upload to their blog or get some likes and that's more important than things like peoples health or feelings.
The pyro scene at games has been superb of late… on 22:15 - May 18 with 1048 viewsVeggie

Personally I hate them. And before anyone asks, no, I’m not fun at parties.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024