Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems 09:58 - May 18 with 954 viewsnodge_blue

Ive got big hives come up. Some patches of dry skin. Some what almost look like insect bites that then puff up and bruise up in colour. Not pleasant.

Anyone else had that?

Every other normal covid symptom seems to have almost gone in 4 days. Full testament to the vaccines I think providing a good immune response. But as someone who has hay fever etc, I wonder if my immune response is over doing it and causing the skin problems.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 10:01 - May 18 with 934 viewsBlueBadger

If you've allergies, then there's a good chance you've got a degree of atypical immune system stuff going on. Covid is well known for doing crazy things to the immune system so I would think it entirely possible.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/10/211028125803.htm

https://khn.org/news/article/covid-autoimmune-virus-rogue-antibodies-cytokine-st

[Post edited 18 May 2022 10:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 10:03 - May 18 with 912 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 10:01 - May 18 by BlueBadger

If you've allergies, then there's a good chance you've got a degree of atypical immune system stuff going on. Covid is well known for doing crazy things to the immune system so I would think it entirely possible.

https://khn.org/news/article/covid-autoimmune-virus-rogue-antibodies-cytokine-st

Or Bill Gates nanobots are trying to escape through his skin?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 10:14 - May 18 with 880 viewsnodge_blue

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 10:01 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Thanks. That sounds highly likely then doesn't it.

I guess, whilst its just unpleasant I'll just have to ride it out.

Im taking some anti histamine to see if that helps.

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 10:57 - May 18 with 821 viewsFreddies_Ears

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 10:14 - May 18 by nodge_blue

Thanks. That sounds highly likely then doesn't it.

I guess, whilst its just unpleasant I'll just have to ride it out.

Im taking some anti histamine to see if that helps.

Mrs FE gets hives on her arms occasionally, no obvious cause. She finds Cetrizine is very effective (and very cheap if you avoid branded products).
Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 11:01 - May 18 with 810 viewsgordon

I had a bout of hives for a couple of days during one of the peaks, presumably COVID related as never had that before. Went away quickly, but very itchy for a while!
Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 11:09 - May 18 with 788 viewsnodge_blue

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 11:01 - May 18 by gordon

I had a bout of hives for a couple of days during one of the peaks, presumably COVID related as never had that before. Went away quickly, but very itchy for a while!

I had a bad outbreak last year, but at the time had no other symptoms, but Im thinking maybe that was covid as well now. Ive never had anything like this before. The stuff I had from last year took along time to clear. And now its all back with vengeance.

Ive even had these black sesame seed shaped things coming out of me! Which fall off but leave a swelling behind.

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 11:13 - May 18 with 774 viewsdavblue

Are you sure it isn't MonkeyPox?
Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 11:48 - May 18 with 703 viewsnodge_blue

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 11:13 - May 18 by davblue

Are you sure it isn't MonkeyPox?

I've done a COVID test and it's positive.

Login to get fewer ads

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 12:30 - May 18 with 653 viewsBluish

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 11:09 - May 18 by nodge_blue

I had a bad outbreak last year, but at the time had no other symptoms, but Im thinking maybe that was covid as well now. Ive never had anything like this before. The stuff I had from last year took along time to clear. And now its all back with vengeance.

Ive even had these black sesame seed shaped things coming out of me! Which fall off but leave a swelling behind.

Are these on your buns?

On a serious note, I find the Witch Doctor Gel great for dealing with hives when they flare up from time to time.
Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 13:48 - May 18 with 598 viewsRyorry

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 11:09 - May 18 by nodge_blue

Leucillin Spray is great for preventing infection, dealing with it if it does arise, & soothing itchiness.

Is non-toxic, pH-neutral, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal solution. Active ingredients Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), Sodium Chloride (NaCl) + demineralized water.

Works by mimicking the body’s own immune system - Hypochlorous is is a naturally occurring chemical in the mammalian body.

Designed for pets but says suitable for all mammals on the bottle! and everyone round here uses it on themselves. Saved me a trip to minor injuries unit on Saturday for gaping cut on back of my hand that had become infected & inflamed.

Aloe Vera gel (available from Boots online) may also soothe skin?
[Post edited 18 May 2022 13:52]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 13:50 - May 18 with 593 viewsSouperJim

I had itchy red hives on my arms legs and belly twice due to covid, short lived but annoying

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 15:30 - May 18 with 538 viewsnodge_blue

Ive got covid at the moment and its giving me really weird skin problems on 13:48 - May 18 by Ryorry

Leucillin Spray is great for preventing infection, dealing with it if it does arise, & soothing itchiness.

Is non-toxic, pH-neutral, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal solution. Active ingredients Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), Sodium Chloride (NaCl) + demineralized water.

Works by mimicking the body’s own immune system - Hypochlorous is is a naturally occurring chemical in the mammalian body.

Designed for pets but says suitable for all mammals on the bottle! and everyone round here uses it on themselves. Saved me a trip to minor injuries unit on Saturday for gaping cut on back of my hand that had become infected & inflamed.

Aloe Vera gel (available from Boots online) may also soothe skin?
[Post edited 18 May 2022 13:52]

Thanks Ryorry. I will look out for that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024