Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... 13:56 - May 18 with 3964 viewsKieran_Knows

... Woolfenden for the majority of the first half of the season. Madness.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:14 - May 18 with 2238 viewsGuthrum

I can. Nsiala was a solid, last-ditch blocking kind of defender. Woolfenden had been somewhat underperforming for a while.

It took McKenna's change of style and system to bring out the best in the latter, while Toto became superfluous as we aimed to keep possession up the pitch, rather than defending at the back. Distribution was more important than blocking shots.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:15 - May 18 with 2210 viewswkj

Mach will be able to explain why Nsiala is better than Wolfenden

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:15 - May 18 with 2209 viewsSTYG

Given the recruitment of the backroom staff, which I can't imagine was coincidental in a search for the best around, it seemed to help if you were from Liverpool.

I can imagine, if fit, Jon Nolan would have been captain!
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:17 - May 18 with 2198 viewsjayessess

One of the reasons I hated the demolition man stuff, stopped Cook identifying good players in a dysfunctional team.

Even though Woolfie started the first few games I think it was obvious to everyone he was a stopgap for Cook.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:21 - May 18 with 2175 viewsoldburian

Unfortunately he made more mistakes than Toto at the time but the reason could have been the relationship between player and manager.
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:24 - May 18 with 2148 viewspointofblue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:17 - May 18 by jayessess

One of the reasons I hated the demolition man stuff, stopped Cook identifying good players in a dysfunctional team.

Even though Woolfie started the first few games I think it was obvious to everyone he was a stopgap for Cook.

Woolfenden’s issues were linked to Lambert’s problems with Donacien. He could have kept hold of the latter, played him at right back and had Chambers in the centre so Woolfenden had an experience leader beside him. Instead, Donacien was shipped out to Fleetwood, we bought in a kid in McGuinness and expected a 22 year old to lead the line. I’m not saying McGuinness was a bad signing but not when we had a young player from our academy already fulfilling the youth role in defence.

I think his confidence was already low when Cook came in and we know what a disaster he was as a manager. He never settled under him and it appeared that Cook had very little time for Woolfenden. If Cook hadn’t been sacked prior to the January window, Woolfenden would have probably been sold or loaned out.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:24 - May 18 with 2146 viewsBlueBadger

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:15 - May 18 by wkj

And, for an encore, why Keane was better than Mick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:28 - May 18 with 2091 viewsEastTownBlue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:21 - May 18 by oldburian

Unfortunately he made more mistakes than Toto at the time but the reason could have been the relationship between player and manager.

It is as though some players don’t respond well to managers publicly calling the team sh!t.
Login to get fewer ads

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:30 - May 18 with 2088 viewsBiGDonnie

It was because he's absolutely useless and surrounded himself with clowns.

No worries.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:38 - May 18 with 2032 viewsBlueBadger

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:30 - May 18 by BiGDonnie

It was because he's absolutely useless and surrounded himself with clowns.

No worries.

But the kits looked the best they've ever have.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:39 - May 18 with 2028 viewsjayessess

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:24 - May 18 by pointofblue

Woolfenden’s issues were linked to Lambert’s problems with Donacien. He could have kept hold of the latter, played him at right back and had Chambers in the centre so Woolfenden had an experience leader beside him. Instead, Donacien was shipped out to Fleetwood, we bought in a kid in McGuinness and expected a 22 year old to lead the line. I’m not saying McGuinness was a bad signing but not when we had a young player from our academy already fulfilling the youth role in defence.

I think his confidence was already low when Cook came in and we know what a disaster he was as a manager. He never settled under him and it appeared that Cook had very little time for Woolfenden. If Cook hadn’t been sacked prior to the January window, Woolfenden would have probably been sold or loaned out.

In a parallel universe Cook doesn't do his Roy Keane tribute act. He persuades Woolfenden, Downes and Dozzell they're his key players, decides a few others are going to be decent around the squad and starts building from there, looking to recruit outstanding first teamers only. He might still be in a job...
[Post edited 18 May 2022 14:40]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:43 - May 18 with 1997 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:24 - May 18 by BlueBadger

And, for an encore, why Keane was better than Mick.

You Have Some Real Concerns, don't you?
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:47 - May 18 with 1969 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:15 - May 18 by wkj

Yes because he was better in the last couple of years. But people had been knocking him for every minor mistake whereas other defenders' mistakes were winked at.

McKenna will have revived Woolfendens career and hopefully the latter will keep progressing.
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:59 - May 18 with 1926 viewsBiGDonnie

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:38 - May 18 by BlueBadger

But the kits looked the best they've ever have.

Absolutely ridiculous when you really think about it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:05 - May 18 with 1900 viewswkj

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:47 - May 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes because he was better in the last couple of years. But people had been knocking him for every minor mistake whereas other defenders' mistakes were winked at.

McKenna will have revived Woolfendens career and hopefully the latter will keep progressing.

Yeah, people were pretty vociferous around Wolfenden at the start of the season, on par with how they were with Toto.

Crybaby

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:05 - May 18 with 1900 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Genuinely an incredible decision playing Nsiala at all in a team that sought to play a bit of football.

Nsiala decent bloke, a typical L1 stopper but non-league level on the ball, and with his decision making. Sums up the last few years of ITFC for me and I’m so glad we’re through that. It’s now a pre-requisite that our players are good on the ball, and it’s therefore worth paying the admission fee to watch that.
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:06 - May 18 with 1889 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 14:47 - May 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

Every minor mistake! He made major mistakes in almost every game he played for us - many went unpunished because of the level we’re at.
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:26 - May 18 with 1832 viewsVeggie

Scouser innit
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:31 - May 18 with 1810 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:06 - May 18 by PrideOfTheEast

Every minor mistake! He made major mistakes in almost every game he played for us - many went unpunished because of the level we’re at.

No you are totally wrong.
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:32 - May 18 with 1804 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:05 - May 18 by wkj

Yeah, people were pretty vociferous around Wolfenden at the start of the season, on par with how they were with Toto.

No way were they as vociferous. Toto was just the cretins' scapegoat.
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:36 - May 18 with 1790 viewswkj

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:32 - May 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

No way were they as vociferous. Toto was just the cretins' scapegoat.

Aiye, so was Wolfenden at the start of the season.

Crybaby

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:47 - May 18 with 1751 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:36 - May 18 by wkj

Don't know where you have seen that.
I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:48 - May 18 with 1745 viewswkj

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:47 - May 18 by Mach_foreignBlue

Don't know where you have seen that.

In Ipswich. It is where Ipswich Town Football Club is based.

Crybaby

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:56 - May 18 with 1720 viewspointofblue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:36 - May 18 by wkj

Not many fans have a stuff this time last year about the possibility of Woolfenden being sold. Admittedly there was very little affection for Nsiala either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 16:02 - May 18 with 1698 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I still can't get my head around Cook starting Nsiala over... on 15:48 - May 18 by wkj

In Ipswich. It is where Ipswich Town Football Club is based.

And you sunshine are still wrong because no player was as vilified as Nsiala.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024