Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Niche injuries 17:53 - May 18 with 1954 viewscatch74

I somehow caught some of man boob between a paint roller and a new sleeve - as I was replacing it, nasty pinch mark.
Anyone had any other random incidents?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Niche injuries on 17:58 - May 18 with 1368 viewsfactual_blue

I once managed to crick both sides of my neck simultaneously. Spectacular head immobility for several days.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Niche injuries on 17:59 - May 18 with 1358 viewsBlueBoots

Dislocated the top joint of a finger this morning grabbing a dog that was about to pounce on a gosling in the park...

Fkin painful typing this!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Niche injuries on 18:07 - May 18 with 1340 viewshoppy

Your own?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Niche injuries on 19:14 - May 18 with 1274 viewscatch74

Niche injuries on 18:07 - May 18 by hoppy

Your own?

It was.

Niche injuries on 20:16 - May 18 with 1218 viewsvilanovablue

I did pull a wardrobe on my head playing silly b*****s as a kid trying to make a spiders web in my bedroom using string.Needed multiple stitches in my head!
Niche injuries on 20:18 - May 18 with 1217 viewsMullet

Sliced the side of my thumb out on a mandoline. Was so sharp I didn't feel until I saw a big chunk of flesh and blood depart from out of the wound.

Do not recommend.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Niche injuries on 20:26 - May 18 with 1209 viewsHARRY10

Niche injuries on 20:18 - May 18 by Mullet

Sliced the side of my thumb out on a mandoline. Was so sharp I didn't feel until I saw a big chunk of flesh and blood depart from out of the wound.

Do not recommend.

Mate of mine fell off the stage when starting out in comedy - he's since gone from strength to strength

he says he's never looked back since that night
Niche injuries on 21:18 - May 18 with 1162 viewscatch74

Do not recommend.

I always say a quick prayer before anyone uses the mandolin in the pub kitchen. Useful but deadly piece of kit.

Login to get fewer ads

Niche injuries on 21:51 - May 18 with 1123 viewsjeera

Niche injuries on 17:59 - May 18 by BlueBoots

Dislocated the top joint of a finger this morning grabbing a dog that was about to pounce on a gosling in the park...

Fkin painful typing this!

Before applauding this heroic sounding action, we need to know who the dog was with?

If it's your dog then it's not really a contender, but if a stranger's dog, well that's different altogether and good for you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Niche injuries on 22:18 - May 18 with 1093 viewscatch74

Niche injuries on 21:51 - May 18 by jeera

Before applauding this heroic sounding action, we need to know who the dog was with?

If it's your dog then it's not really a contender, but if a stranger's dog, well that's different altogether and good for you.

If it’s a pug/ sausage dog I’m also thinking less kudos.

Niche injuries on 22:20 - May 18 with 1091 viewsfactual_blue

Niche injuries on 21:18 - May 18 by catch74

I always say a quick prayer before anyone uses the mandolin in the pub kitchen. Useful but deadly piece of kit.

Is it this one?

Niche injuries on 22:24 - May 18 with 1086 viewsfooters

He went a bit bonkers in Italy around 1889, before his sister heavily edited his works to send to proto-fascists such as herself.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Niche injuries on 22:26 - May 18 with 1080 viewsjeera

Niche injuries on 22:18 - May 18 by catch74

My next door neighbours [one side] have a pug and I fcking hate it.

All it does is bark incessantly.

It might help if they took the thing out for a walk once in a while but there you go.

I like animals in general and dogs in particular. But that thing doesn't shut up.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 22:33]

Niche injuries on 22:28 - May 18 with 1077 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Once managed to crick my neck drying my hair. Three days before a 10 hour flight.

Also once threw a disc out picking up a hosepipe and ended up an hour later on the bedroom floor for eight hours with the Paramedics seeing to me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Niche injuries on 22:28 - May 18 with 1077 viewsjeera

Niche injuries on 22:28 - May 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Once managed to crick my neck drying my hair. Three days before a 10 hour flight.

Also once threw a disc out picking up a hosepipe and ended up an hour later on the bedroom floor for eight hours with the Paramedics seeing to me.

"with the Paramedics seeing to me."

Every cloud...

Niche injuries on 22:32 - May 18 with 1075 viewsfactual_blue

Niche injuries on 22:18 - May 18 by catch74

And what if blueboots was cross because he wanted to jump on the gosling?

Niche injuries on 22:32 - May 18 with 1073 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Niche injuries on 22:28 - May 18 by jeera

"with the Paramedics seeing to me."

Every cloud...

.......Not with my back.......

Niche injuries on 22:36 - May 18 with 1060 viewsGlasgowBlue

I once caught my cock in my fly zip after having a piss. But would imagine that's reasonably common.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Niche injuries on 22:39 - May 18 with 1059 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Niche injuries on 22:36 - May 18 by GlasgowBlue

I once caught my cock in my fly zip after having a piss. But would imagine that's reasonably common.

Multiple times, owing to its size obviously.

Niche injuries on 22:40 - May 18 with 1055 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Do not recommend.

But would you recommend a mandoline?

Niche injuries on 22:43 - May 18 with 1045 viewsElderGrizzly

I tore my calf muscle playing what’s the time Mr Wolf…
Niche injuries on 22:45 - May 18 with 1042 viewsjeera

I was 16 and messing about with my FS1E trying to fix something or other.

I unclipped the kickstart spring and it whipped round and in a flash the hook was embedded in my hand.

I had to then to continue to remove it from the bike with it attached to my hand.

Flipping idiot.

I tried yelling for help but there was no one about. I do remember sitting there for a while feeling really sorry for myself.

Niche injuries on 23:05 - May 18 with 1025 viewsRozz

Niche injuries on 22:43 - May 18 by ElderGrizzly

I tore my calf muscle playing what’s the time Mr Wolf…

I once started going to the gym and launched straight into elevated calf raises. They tightened up so badly the following day that it was screaming agony to plant my feet on the floor. I walked EVERYWHERE on tippy toes for 2 weeks, calves tied in knots, until I went on a bender and got drunk enough to forget about it. I woke up fearing the worst and miraculously they had loosened through the magic of dance.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 23:05]
Niche injuries on 23:54 - May 18 with 999 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Niche injuries on 23:05 - May 18 by Rozz

I once started going to the gym and launched straight into elevated calf raises. They tightened up so badly the following day that it was screaming agony to plant my feet on the floor. I walked EVERYWHERE on tippy toes for 2 weeks, calves tied in knots, until I went on a bender and got drunk enough to forget about it. I woke up fearing the worst and miraculously they had loosened through the magic of dance.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 23:05]

Niche injuries on 07:43 - May 19 with 913 viewsBlueBoots

Niche injuries on 21:51 - May 18 by jeera

Bit of background...I'm involved in bird rescues (mainly in the Royal Parks in London, but sometimes they end up turning up in odd places too)

Was in a park that's heavily used by dog walkers (including pros - some with 5-10 dogs and rarely on leads) - has fencing all around the lakes to protect the birds, but smaller birds can squeeze through, and some idiot and his kid were lobbing bread onto the path which attracted the goslings. Been in this situation lots of times, so usually a dog will come racing over so the birds have time to run to safety, and if not I have time to prepare to grab the dog. This time, a woman came over with an old Collie that was just trudging along and didn't seem interested in the birds - she starts chatting to someone not bothering to keep an eye on her dog, I notice that the Collie has started to eye up one of the goslings...wasn't moving, but then he started to inch closer and went to pounce - didn't have much time to react, so only managed to get the top joint of my finger in the dog's collar, so it was yanked backwards and is now (to use a medical term) is now fked.

Usual response from the owner..."He wouldn't do anything, he's just playing", but doesn't take much to injure a bird (particularly young ones)

Changing the subject (not really an injury, just damage), but if the cabbie that was kind enough to take me and a swan from Finsbury Park a couple of weeks ago is reading this, hadn't noticed that there was a hole at the bottom of my bag until I got home, so really sorry for any swan p1ss that leaked out onto the floor...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024