Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard Smallwood released by Hull 20:42 - May 18 with 1281 viewsbluestandard

Anyone think we might be in for him? There was clearly some interest last summer. He’s 31 so not too old, and played 43 games for Hull this year. Could challenge Evans for that deeper lying midfield role, and provide a bit of experience…….
Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:49 - May 18 with 1232 viewsVeggie

31 not too old?
Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:52 - May 18 with 1222 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't think there was anything in that. Was led to believe not anyway.
Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:52 - May 18 with 1219 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:49 - May 18 by Veggie

31 not too old?

We are supposedly looking to add experience. At that age he offers that whilst being unlikely to have significantly moved backwards in terms of overall performance (unless there are underlying injury concerns). It would be an age that offers no resale value but, as released, would not involve a fee.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:53 - May 18 with 1208 viewsbluestandard

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:49 - May 18 by Veggie

31 not too old?

Morsy 31 in September. Aluko 33. Don’t see a clamour on here to get rid of them…..
Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:55 - May 18 with 1198 viewsVeggie

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:52 - May 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are supposedly looking to add experience. At that age he offers that whilst being unlikely to have significantly moved backwards in terms of overall performance (unless there are underlying injury concerns). It would be an age that offers no resale value but, as released, would not involve a fee.

I wasn’t aware we are looking to bring in experience. Is this something that has been stated by the club? I imagined we would be looking for players around their mid-twenties in their prime for maximum performance / sell on potential.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 20:55]
Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:56 - May 18 with 1189 viewsVeggie

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:53 - May 18 by bluestandard

Morsy 31 in September. Aluko 33. Don’t see a clamour on here to get rid of them…..

Exactly - we don’t want to fill the team with 30+ players alongside them.
Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:57 - May 18 with 1180 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:55 - May 18 by Veggie

I wasn’t aware we are looking to bring in experience. Is this something that has been stated by the club? I imagined we would be looking for players around their mid-twenties in their prime for maximum performance / sell on potential.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 20:55]

McKenna has commented that we need a bit more experience or words that I have interpreted that way.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 21:01 - May 18 with 1147 viewsbluestandard

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:56 - May 18 by Veggie

Exactly - we don’t want to fill the team with 30+ players alongside them.

Agreed, but I would argue that middle of the park is where you would particularly want some experience. Would kind of be a replacement for Carroll who unfortunately just didn’t work out.
Login to get fewer ads

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 21:06 - May 18 with 1126 viewsbluestandard

Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 20:52 - May 18 by PhilTWTD

Don't think there was anything in that. Was led to believe not anyway.

Ah ok didn’t realise that…..
Richard Smallwood released by Hull on 22:43 - May 18 with 888 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The clue is in the question. "some interest last summer".

Different time, different manager.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024