Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? 23:14 - May 18 with 12997 viewsXYZ

I know there's many of us (genuine) lefties on here, along with the recent "I vote Labour now despite my shameful tory past" revisionists - is anyone willing to out themselves as an open and proud current tory voter?

The polls say there's at least 30% ... don't be shy.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:16 - May 18 with 4129 viewsJ2BLUE

Why would they bother? They just get a load of abuse.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:25 - May 18 with 4082 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:16 - May 18 by J2BLUE

Just wonder whether any of the 30% have the balls to explain themselves and their representatives.

DK comes on and defends his Corbynistic stance - a few "centrist" Labourites do the same - a few tory "centrists" (GB?) chip in - is there no-one willing to support/ defend the policies of the party with an 80-seat majority in the HOC?
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:32 - May 18 with 4053 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:16 - May 18 by J2BLUE

Yep, they would. People seem to actively look for an argument on here. I can’t understand why anyone would vote for this lot. It makes no sense whatsoever unless you’re bank rolling them and looking for kick backs. If you’re not, then feck knows what you’re doing.

But people should be able to vote for who they like without getting hounded for it. You’re never going to win people over by hounding them off forums.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:35 - May 18 with 4044 viewsOldsmoker

Kudos.
Classic ploy so you can add to your list of 'first against the wall when the revolution comes'.
My list is so long I've given up adding to it.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:36 - May 18 with 4042 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:25 - May 18 by XYZ

Just wonder whether any of the 30% have the balls to explain themselves and their representatives.

DK comes on and defends his Corbynistic stance - a few "centrist" Labourites do the same - a few tory "centrists" (GB?) chip in - is there no-one willing to support/ defend the policies of the party with an 80-seat majority in the HOC?

I don’t know whether there are any arguments that would be accepted, or make sense come to that. The stock answer seems to be ‘but Corbyn’. It’s a conversation to nowhere. But if you do get a sensible answer then great, as it’s still one of life’s mysterys why people would vote to make everything worse.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 0:06]

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:45 - May 18 with 4026 viewspointofblue

Ok, I’ll admit being a Conservative voter up to 2019 (was able to vote for the first time in 2010). I think I had a lack of faith in the manifestos of the other parties and what they offered. Johnson was a step too far though - I knew exactly how he would ‘lead’ and be an utter disaster for the country. Read through the manifestos and switched to the Greens, for all the good it did.

Bring on the brickbats.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:49 - May 18 with 4005 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:35 - May 18 by Oldsmoker

Kudos.
Classic ploy so you can add to your list of 'first against the wall when the revolution comes'.

Is the England Band on it?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:50 - May 18 with 4003 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:35 - May 18 by Oldsmoker

Kudos.

I have no gun.

Just asking for supporters of our government to out themselves.

It's a bit strange that supporters of an 80-seat majority government should be shy of of defending their choices two-and-a-bit years after marking their cross isn't it?

Just asking for someone with the cojones to defend their choice.

Come on, you know you're out there, you put that Hunt in office.

Come and answer a few questions. I'll be gentle.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:52 - May 18 with 3992 viewsBlueBadger

Frankly, they'd deserve it. Apparently, they Knew What They Were Voting For and like it when people Tell It Like It Is.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:54 - May 18 with 3990 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:45 - May 18 by pointofblue

Ok, I’ll admit being a Conservative voter up to 2019 (was able to vote for the first time in 2010). I think I had a lack of faith in the manifestos of the other parties and what they offered. Johnson was a step too far though - I knew exactly how he would ‘lead’ and be an utter disaster for the country. Read through the manifestos and switched to the Greens, for all the good it did.

Bring on the brickbats.

Thanks. Just to be clear - you voted tory 2017 and green 2019?

Is this in Ipswich?

Where were you on Brexit in 2016 and how do you feel about it now?
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:57 - May 18 with 3970 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:32 - May 18 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, they would. People seem to actively look for an argument on here. I can’t understand why anyone would vote for this lot. It makes no sense whatsoever unless you’re bank rolling them and looking for kick backs. If you’re not, then feck knows what you’re doing.

But people should be able to vote for who they like without getting hounded for it. You’re never going to win people over by hounding them off forums.

Frankly, if you vote, as an informed adult, for open bigotry, corruption and incompetence you should probably catch some sh1t for it.

Several components of the above also applies to people still carrying a torch for the Dear Leader, before anyone starts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:58 - May 18 with 3952 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:57 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Frankly, if you vote, as an informed adult, for open bigotry, corruption and incompetence you should probably catch some sh1t for it.

Several components of the above also applies to people still carrying a torch for the Dear Leader, before anyone starts.

Oh man, I'm like the angriest Centrist Dad ever.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:02 - May 19 with 3935 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:36 - May 18 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t know whether there are any arguments that would be accepted, or make sense come to that. The stock answer seems to be ‘but Corbyn’. It’s a conversation to nowhere. But if you do get a sensible answer then great, as it’s still one of life’s mysterys why people would vote to make everything worse.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 0:06]

I thought I'd ask the question. We have more in common ...

Obviously it ain't going well and it's easy to to say "we told you so", but ... this mess needs picking up.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:02 - May 19 with 3931 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:54 - May 18 by XYZ

Is this in Ipswich?

A pretty clear indication you are just looking for a row on this post.

I normally vote Lib Dem, (only choice here, (a Labour vote is a waste), but in 2010 I voted Tory, and a couple of times previous to that too, (although not since) I voted remain in 2016, but after much deliberation.

I'm apolitical, I vote for whats right at the time, this staunch Labour or Tory bollocxs does us no favours.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:04 - May 19 with 3923 viewspointofblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:54 - May 18 by XYZ

Is this in Ipswich?

No, under Mid Suffolk and North Ipswich - Poulter is a slightly saner MP than Hunt. But, quite frankly, my vote counts for nought really; I either boost the Tories numbers or vote for an opposition which doesn’t stand a chance.

In 2010 I felt the country needed a change of government and that Labour had burned itself out.
In 2015 I was naive and expected a similar result to 2010 with a coalition.
In 2017 I accepted the Brexit result, though did not agree with it, and felt May had the best plan to try and carry us through the mess
In 2019 I realised we were in a mess

I was a Remainer and am a Remainer but thought faith in politics would be shaken irreparably had the political elite tried to overrule the referendum result. As it is, I don’t think things could be much worse, in terms of confidence, if they had.

ETA - Conservative in 2010, 2015 and 2017; Green in 2019
[Post edited 19 May 2022 0:04]

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:07 - May 19 with 3904 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:02 - May 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

A pretty clear indication you are just looking for a row on this post.

I normally vote Lib Dem, (only choice here, (a Labour vote is a waste), but in 2010 I voted Tory, and a couple of times previous to that too, (although not since) I voted remain in 2016, but after much deliberation.

I'm apolitical, I vote for whats right at the time, this staunch Labour or Tory bollocxs does us no favours.

I'm looking for a row and you're responding to a post that replies to someone else?

Cool, bro. Chill.

Why are you "apolitical" ? Is that not the same as just "not caring about other people"?

What's wrong with being "political"?
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:11 - May 19 with 3891 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:07 - May 19 by XYZ

I'm looking for a row and you're responding to a post that replies to someone else?

Cool, bro. Chill.

Why are you "apolitical" ? Is that not the same as just "not caring about other people"?

What's wrong with being "political"?

"Why are you "apolitical" ? Is that not the same as just "not caring about other people"?

What's wrong with being "political"?:

But yeah, you aren't looking for a political row. Cool.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 0:14]

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:13 - May 19 with 3886 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 23:57 - May 18 by BlueBadger

Many people still don’t realise or don’t care though. Giving people a chance to understand how bad this lot are and reconsider is more likely to win them over than calling them ‘tw^ts’ (even if they are behaving like tw^ts).

If they’re full on Tory, attacking anyone who isn’t and clapping with joy while the country tanks and people starve, then fair enough. Those types deserve nothing but widespread disdain.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:15 - May 19 with 3863 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:04 - May 19 by pointofblue

No, under Mid Suffolk and North Ipswich - Poulter is a slightly saner MP than Hunt. But, quite frankly, my vote counts for nought really; I either boost the Tories numbers or vote for an opposition which doesn’t stand a chance.

In 2010 I felt the country needed a change of government and that Labour had burned itself out.
In 2015 I was naive and expected a similar result to 2010 with a coalition.
In 2017 I accepted the Brexit result, though did not agree with it, and felt May had the best plan to try and carry us through the mess
In 2019 I realised we were in a mess

I was a Remainer and am a Remainer but thought faith in politics would be shaken irreparably had the political elite tried to overrule the referendum result. As it is, I don’t think things could be much worse, in terms of confidence, if they had.

ETA - Conservative in 2010, 2015 and 2017; Green in 2019
[Post edited 19 May 2022 0:04]

Thank you for the detail. Forgive my nosiness , but how old are you, vaguely? 20s. 30, 40s ...

Fascinating and very informative explanation - I suspect that's a widespread "feeling" over the years, esp in East Anglia, apart from your 2019 "realisation".

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond with some detail.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:17 - May 19 with 3846 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:11 - May 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Why are you "apolitical" ? Is that not the same as just "not caring about other people"?

What's wrong with being "political"?:

But yeah, you aren't looking for a political row. Cool.
[Post edited 19 May 2022 0:14]

You make no sense.

Politics doesn't need to be nasty. Are you ashamed of your politics?
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:25 - May 19 with 3825 viewspointofblue

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:15 - May 19 by XYZ

Thank you for the detail. Forgive my nosiness , but how old are you, vaguely? 20s. 30, 40s ...

Fascinating and very informative explanation - I suspect that's a widespread "feeling" over the years, esp in East Anglia, apart from your 2019 "realisation".

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond with some detail.

30s - missed out on the 2005 vote by a few months. I think the Iraq war did a lot of damage when it came to my perception of Labour.

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:43 - May 19 with 3798 viewsXYZ

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 00:25 - May 19 by pointofblue

30s - missed out on the 2005 vote by a few months. I think the Iraq war did a lot of damage when it came to my perception of Labour.

Thanks. Understandable.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 06:00 - May 19 with 3636 viewsChondzoresk

Yes, I admitted before on posts like this that I voted conservative. However, times have changed and I will never vote for them again. I was a Labour voter, but couldn’t get my head round Corbyn.
Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 06:55 - May 19 with 3558 viewsLesta_Tractor

I voted Green which my Conservative voting friends and family told me was like voting for the Communists/Corbyn...

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Anyone care to admit voting Conservative in the 2019 GE? on 07:08 - May 19 with 3535 viewsblueasfook

What kind of sh1tposting is this?

People have a right to vote for whoever they wish and don't need to justify or apologise for it.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024