Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s 08:40 - May 19 with 1456 viewsunstableblue

I think Jackson is very good working the channels, and is good wide and critically is a great crosser.

Could he be one of the attacking high midfield two alongside Chaplin.

Would it be Chaplin left and Jackson right in this hair brained scheme?!

A mobile but physical striker, who knows where the goal is, to hold up play and feed these two?!

BOOM!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 08:41 - May 19 with 1448 viewsitfcjoe

No, that isn't how a 10 plays, and it isn't how Jackson plays - he likes to make his runs from in to out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 08:47 - May 19 with 1411 viewsBiGDonnie

Jackson's not technical enough to play as a ten.

We need him running, shooting and crossing, that's it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 09:04 - May 19 with 1363 viewsRomeo4

I don’t see Jackson in that role. I think he becomes an option for McKenna when we need a pact forward to stretch the opposition, making runs to provide space for our attacking midfielders/10s to operate and hurt teams.

If we continue to play in a similar way to last season I don’t think we need to play a ‘big’ centre forward (other than as a plan b option). Pigott and Bonne struggled in our side because we don’t provide the service they thrive on i.e. early crosses into the box.

The type of forward we would need would be a fox in the box type. An instinct for positioning themselves for low crosses, cut backs from bye line, and obviously a good finisher. Someone like Aguero would be good!!

Of our current squad I think Chaplin could probably play that role. Will be interesting to see the type of player McKenna is targeting.
Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 09:08 - May 19 with 1348 viewsKeno

isnt two players having the same number against the rules and wont it confuse things where a substation needs to be made?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 09:21 - May 19 with 1317 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Id like to see Edwards tried there

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 09:23 - May 19 with 1306 viewsSomethingBlue

Of all our attackers, Jackson is the last you'd use as a 10.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 09:24 - May 19 with 1302 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Or we could just play Jackson in his actual position

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 09:26 - May 19 with 1290 viewsHighgateBlue

I've still got all my fingers and toes crossed for Celina to stay

Login to get fewer ads

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 10:03 - May 19 with 1225 viewsjayessess

I recall Jackson played as a wide forward away at Wimbledon, the first game he came back. I don't think it's how we'll line up habitually, but for sure it'll remain an option with Jackson in the squad.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 10:40 - May 19 with 1129 viewsBlueBlood90

Jackson is definitely not a number 10 in any way, shape or form.

We need him to use his pace to run in behind defences and play on the shoulder.

I think Chaplin deserves to start more next season. I always feel we have far more goal threat whenever he plays.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 10:47 - May 19 with 1109 viewsBasingstokeBlue

> A mobile but physical striker, who knows where the goal is

There's a chap called Norwood who's just become available...

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 10:50 - May 19 with 1085 viewsclive_baker

I've got a feeling we'll abandon that next season, in favour of a front 2.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 11:04 - May 19 with 1056 viewsjayessess

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 10:47 - May 19 by BasingstokeBlue

> A mobile but physical striker, who knows where the goal is

There's a chap called Norwood who's just become available...

Also needs to be able to trap a ball, win headers and complete a 10-yard pass.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 11:23 - May 19 with 1014 viewstextbackup

Jackson is nowhere near good enough for that, absolutely miles off.

get him running once a ball is down the channels and i admit hes ok

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 14:39 - May 19 with 839 viewsKropotkin123

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 09:08 - May 19 by Keno

isnt two players having the same number against the rules and wont it confuse things where a substation needs to be made?

He looks like a combination of a 9 and 10 to me. I think he is best as a 19.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 15:13 - May 19 with 787 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So, a number 10, that plays at number 7?
Is that it?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 15:19 - May 19 with 780 viewsSouperJim

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 09:23 - May 19 by SomethingBlue

Of all our attackers, Jackson is the last you'd use as a 10.

Quite, I mean he's not got as horrendous a tampoline touch as he used to have, but I still want to see him predominantly running onto the ball rather than trying to bring it with him.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 19:35 - May 19 with 635 viewscbower

Chaplin and Jackson as the two number 10s on 08:41 - May 19 by itfcjoe

No, that isn't how a 10 plays, and it isn't how Jackson plays - he likes to make his runs from in to out

Spot on Joe. A fundamental misuderstanding of what a no.10 is and Jackson is about as far away from a no.10 as we could get from a forward player. #Technical

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024