Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful 11:39 - May 19 with 1747 viewsEly_Blue

Was in Newcastle for work yesterday and stayed at the hotel just across from SJP so had to go over and take a nosey at the great man.

I have to say their interpretation of the great man isn’t a patch on the one at PR, to be honest it doesn’t even look like him

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 11:41 - May 19 with 1729 viewsIllinoisblue

For authenticity the statue should have a P45 tucked under Sir Bob’s arm. He got them to the Champions League and that somehow wasn’t deemed good enough?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 11:47 - May 19 with 1697 viewstrncbluearmy

Our Sir Bob and Sir Alf are brilliant,
it`s a mystery why the same artist could not work his magic on The Beat
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 11:53 - May 19 with 1651 viewsSitfcB

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 11:47 - May 19 by trncbluearmy

Our Sir Bob and Sir Alf are brilliant,
it`s a mystery why the same artist could not work his magic on The Beat

Eh?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 11:55 - May 19 with 1652 viewsSitfcB

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 11:41 - May 19 by Illinoisblue

For authenticity the statue should have a P45 tucked under Sir Bob’s arm. He got them to the Champions League and that somehow wasn’t deemed good enough?

Will never forgot how silent the Toon fans went at PR after the ‘only one Bobby Robson’ chant around the ground when all four stand of ITFC sung ‘we never sacked Bobby Robson’. Superb.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 12:12 - May 19 with 1610 viewsSamWhiteUK

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 11:53 - May 19 by SitfcB

Eh?

A lot of people (I have no opinion on the matter, I never saw Beattie) think the KB statue isn't a very good likeness
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 12:45 - May 19 with 1516 viewshoppy

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 12:12 - May 19 by SamWhiteUK

A lot of people (I have no opinion on the matter, I never saw Beattie) think the KB statue isn't a very good likeness

Yet some who were very close to him, even his own daughter, thinks it is. How strange.

"Emma Beattie, the football star's daughter, said it was a "surreal" day.
She said there was no denying that Mr Hedges-Quinn had captured her father and she was so pleased the "absolutely brilliant" piece of art included his moustache.
The work was presented on what would have been his 68th birthday and former player, John Peddelty, who had The Beat as his best man said: "He's there isn't he. It looks tremendous."
[Post edited 19 May 2022 12:50]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 12:54 - May 19 with 1476 viewsFtnfwest

i think the brief was 'a statue of one of our most famous managers please' and they gave them a picture of arthur cox
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 12:55 - May 19 with 1476 viewsEdmundo

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 11:41 - May 19 by Illinoisblue

Freddie Shepherd, not the most tactful (remember him calling Geordie lasses sl@gs?) somehow thought Souness would do better. And there started their slip into relative obscurity, until the beheading gang took them over.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Login to get fewer ads

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 13:01 - May 19 with 1460 viewsVeggie

It’s a bit weird why they even have a statue of him when he never played for them and only managed them briefly before being sacked. It’s basically them trying to get reflective glory because he was from Newcastle despite not really having much to do with them. Something similar would be erecting a statue of Nik Kershaw outside the ground.
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 13:12 - May 19 with 1420 viewshoppy

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 13:01 - May 19 by Veggie

It’s a bit weird why they even have a statue of him when he never played for them and only managed them briefly before being sacked. It’s basically them trying to get reflective glory because he was from Newcastle despite not really having much to do with them. Something similar would be erecting a statue of Nik Kershaw outside the ground.

It wouldn't need to be a very big one for Nik Kershaw.

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 13:19 - May 19 with 1388 viewsJuggsy

Did you see me driving a Metro? :D
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 13:53 - May 19 with 1300 viewsgainsboroughblue

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 13:12 - May 19 by hoppy

Wouldn't it be good though?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 14:21 - May 19 with 1243 viewshoppy

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 13:53 - May 19 by gainsboroughblue

Wouldn't it be good though?

Maybe, but possibly only just for one day.

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 15:18 - May 19 with 1150 viewsArnoldMoorhen

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 13:12 - May 19 by hoppy

My idea would be for a plinth on which are mounted a pair of Nik Kershaw's gig-worn boots, and people could take it in turns to go and stand in them. Even only as a one-off, temporary exhibit, say for a 24 hour period.

It would be good, wouldn't it?
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 19:35 - May 19 with 950 viewsVeggie

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 15:18 - May 19 by ArnoldMoorhen

My idea would be for a plinth on which are mounted a pair of Nik Kershaw's gig-worn boots, and people could take it in turns to go and stand in them. Even only as a one-off, temporary exhibit, say for a 24 hour period.

It would be good, wouldn't it?

I bet he’s size 5.
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 20:49 - May 19 with 881 viewsronnyd

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 19:35 - May 19 by Veggie

I bet he’s size 5.

Is that a Riddle?
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 21:00 - May 19 with 866 viewsVeggie

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 20:49 - May 19 by ronnyd

Is that a Riddle?

Don Quixote the day job!
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 21:07 - May 19 with 856 viewsChurchman

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 12:45 - May 19 by hoppy

Yet some who were very close to him, even his own daughter, thinks it is. How strange.

She said there was no denying that Mr Hedges-Quinn had captured her father and she was so pleased the "absolutely brilliant" piece of art included his moustache.
The work was presented on what would have been his 68th birthday and former player, John Peddelty, who had The Beat as his best man said: "He's there isn't he. It looks tremendous."

I think the statue of Beattie is fantastic. It’s based on an image from the 70s football magazine Shoot. It was on the front cover. The likeness is a very good one, the statue is dynamic and very him. What makes it look slightly odd to is the moustache which is something from later in his career added to an image of him in his early 20s.

Anyway his daughter loves it and that’s more than good enough for me. Personally, I think it’s a brilliant piece of work and for me, who was lucky enough to see him play, triggered a lot of smiles. The artist who did this and the other two is amazing.

I’ve seen the Newcastle Bobby Robson statue. I was working in Newcastle a few years ago and thought I’d give it a look. It’s b awful in every way. It might be improved if the put the sound of boos and ‘Robson out’ coming out of it. It’d certainly be more authentic.
That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 16:58 - May 20 with 685 viewsSamWhiteUK

That SBR statue at St James Park is awful on 12:45 - May 19 by hoppy

While I get your point, his daughter's hardly going to come out and say it's sh*t lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024