Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... 12:45 - May 19 with 4439 viewsBloots

....we often see the comment: "if you don't like it you can switch to football only".

This almost entirely applies to people commenting on the relentless political posts on here.

Would it be possible/sensible to add "politics" as a specific section for those that enjoy that type of thing?

At the moment "General" is just too, well, general.

If someone wants to avoid the relentless political posturing and abuse it also means you have to miss all other posts relating to anything other than football.

All other sports, travel, food, Friday poo, Keno perving, Facters reminiscing, etc, etc shouldn't get lost just because of a desire to avoid politics.

Appreciate it's additional work, but over the last year the board has become pretty unusable for any poster that doesn't want to wade through political arguments.

I know I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Lots of love Blooters.

X

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:47 - May 19 with 1893 viewswkj

If you don't like it, there is a Log out feature

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:48 - May 19 with 1890 viewshoppy

In the mean time, you can just click on the red cross at the bottom of the post to 'Hide Thread' so it wouldn't matter how many replies there are to it, if it's not your thing and you want to completely ignore it by not seeing it, rather than just ignoring it by not looking at it...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:49 - May 19 with 1870 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yep, that's becoming..... on 12:50 - May 19 with 1862 viewsBloots

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:47 - May 19 by wkj

...the only option really.

But I'd suggest that Phil and Gav wouldn't really think that was the best solution for them.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:55 - May 19 with 1823 viewsSitfcB

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:47 - May 19 by wkj

Oh look it’s Badgers and Footers’ little puppy.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The board is all the poorer on 12:56 - May 19 with 1801 viewsKeno

Yep, that's becoming..... on 12:50 - May 19 by Bloots

...the only option really.

But I'd suggest that Phil and Gav wouldn't really think that was the best solution for them.

When you do that

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:59 - May 19 with 1792 viewswkj

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:55 - May 19 by SitfcB

Please... I own Footers. As for Badger, I'm keeping my options open. You're a pretty strapping lad too actually, if there is room on your lap - I'm game.

[Post edited 19 May 2022 13:00]

Crybaby

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:03 - May 19 with 1768 viewsDubtractor

Who do you vote for though Bloots, I need to know so I can tell you why you're wrong.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:04 - May 19 with 1764 viewsMattinLondon

Depends on the interpretation of the word ‘politics’. A thread about Labour or the Tories is quite clearly politics but some subjects aren’t quite as clear cut - are they political or not.

But, nine times out of ten most political threads are quite noticeable due to their titles. If people don’t think they want to read about a certain subject don’t click on to it in the first place. And if someone does accidentally opens up a thread by mistake, click out of it straight away…only takes a few secs.

And no one is forced to wade through political threads anyway.
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:05 - May 19 with 1736 viewsBlueBadger

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:55 - May 19 by SitfcB

He's more like a trained attack goose, tbh.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:05 - May 19 with 1735 viewsHARRY10

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:59 - May 19 by wkj

Please... I own Footers. As for Badger, I'm keeping my options open. You're a pretty strapping lad too actually, if there is room on your lap - I'm game.

I think there should be a sub section for those who go not like the two current sections

I am fed up with having to....blah blah.......
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:06 - May 19 with 1725 viewswkj

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:05 - May 19 by BlueBadger

He's more like a trained attack goose, tbh.

Piss off Badger, this is a conversation for the winged variety

Crybaby

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:07 - May 19 with 1709 viewsBlueBadger

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:06 - May 19 by wkj

Piss off Badger, this is a conversation for the winged variety

Talk is cheep in this thread.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:08 - May 19 with 1707 viewsXYZ

Can we have a separate section for "People who us the subject line as part of their first sentence"?

Brings out my WOTB-related PTSD symptoms.
Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:08 - May 19 with 1700 viewswkj

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:07 - May 19 by BlueBadger

Talk is cheep in this thread.

Then maybe you should keep your beak out.

Crybaby

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:12 - May 19 with 1649 viewsBlueBadger

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:08 - May 19 by wkj

Then maybe you should keep your beak out.

Try not to let it get you down.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:15 - May 19 with 1621 viewsfooters

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 12:59 - May 19 by wkj

Poor sitters is just upset I tried to overcharge him on his window cleaning.

He'd need to cook an awful lot of nuggets to afford my services.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:16 - May 19 with 1614 viewsjeera

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:12 - May 19 by BlueBadger

Try not to let it get you down.

These are bird related puns aren't they?

I'm getting the hang of this forum lark.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:18 - May 19 with 1591 viewshoppy

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:16 - May 19 by jeera

These are bird related puns aren't they?

I'm getting the hang of this forum lark.

I'm not. I'm going to duck out of this one.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:20 - May 19 with 1570 viewswkj

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:18 - May 19 by hoppy

I'm not. I'm going to duck out of this one.

That might be for the breast.

Crybaby

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:21 - May 19 with 1562 viewsfooters

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:20 - May 19 by wkj

That might be for the breast.

Stop acting like a tit, little doggy.

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:21 - May 19 with 1561 viewstextbackup

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:04 - May 19 by MattinLondon

Depends on the interpretation of the word ‘politics’. A thread about Labour or the Tories is quite clearly politics but some subjects aren’t quite as clear cut - are they political or not.

But, nine times out of ten most political threads are quite noticeable due to their titles. If people don’t think they want to read about a certain subject don’t click on to it in the first place. And if someone does accidentally opens up a thread by mistake, click out of it straight away…only takes a few secs.

And no one is forced to wade through political threads anyway.

anything boring you lot argue about on here 24/7 is politics

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:22 - May 19 with 1558 viewstextbackup

how has this not got 700 up votes?!

politics makes this board almost unbearable at times

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:23 - May 19 with 1544 viewsfooters

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:22 - May 19 by textbackup

how has this not got 700 up votes?!

politics makes this board almost unbearable at times

Pro tip: Don't read politics threads.

Well according to certain people on here..... on 13:34 - May 19 with 1489 viewsBloots

Gav (and maybe Phil) - Forum improvement suggestion...... on 13:08 - May 19 by XYZ

Can we have a separate section for "People who us the subject line as part of their first sentence"?

Brings out my WOTB-related PTSD symptoms.

....the answer is simple:

"Don't click on those posts then!!!"

Sigh.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024