Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch invasions 21:50 - May 19 with 4227 viewsOwainG1992

What on earth is going on with moronic fans lately.
Everton fans having a bit of a pitch invasion in the 85th minute because they won't be going down.
That's just sad.

You've got all the Forest and Huddersfield fans having pitch invasions too. (For getting to a final).
So you'll look like a moron if you don't go up now.

Just find it sad and stupid.

Rant over.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Pitch invasions on 21:57 - May 19 with 2887 viewsVeggie

Footy fans are the biggest sheeple
Pitch invasions on 21:58 - May 19 with 2895 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s fantastic to see. Pure passion and joy. It’s the people’s game and always will be, no matter how much the suits try and ruin it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Pitch invasions on 22:05 - May 19 with 2843 viewsFtnfwest

Pitch invasions on 21:58 - May 19 by Illinoisblue

It’s fantastic to see. Pure passion and joy. It’s the people’s game and always will be, no matter how much the suits try and ruin it.

Last home game of the season usually ends in these doesn’t it? Particularly if somethings at stake.
Pitch invasions on 22:13 - May 19 with 2811 viewswkj

Although it was a different time, we invaded the pitch in our semi final win against Bolton. We had failed in the PO Semis a couple of years in a row at that point and given the electricity of the Bolton game, it was hard to avoid running on.

Forest running on is understandable as well, long time being table proppers in the Championship, almost getting relegated, now one step closer to going back up.

FInally, if we were in that position in the Championship and going to the final, we would likely have a large number of fans doing the same.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pitch invasions on 22:32 - May 19 with 2739 viewsIllinoisblue

Pitch invasions on 22:05 - May 19 by Ftnfwest

Last home game of the season usually ends in these doesn’t it? Particularly if somethings at stake.

I recall some Ipswich skinheads running on the pitch from, of all places, the Cobbold lower in our last game of 87 when we made the playoffs. Think it was Reading at home.

62 - 78 - 81

Pitch invasions on 22:40 - May 19 with 2706 viewsFifeITFC

Pitch invasions on 22:32 - May 19 by Illinoisblue

I recall some Ipswich skinheads running on the pitch from, of all places, the Cobbold lower in our last game of 87 when we made the playoffs. Think it was Reading at home.

It was a tradition in the last home game of the season. I've got a photo of my brother at that Reading game on 1987 (I wasn't at that game for some reason) on the pitch with quite a number of other people. He would have been about 13-14 at the time.

It was quite normal... Even when we got charged at by Leicester Hare-Khrisna's around 1989. Can still remember standing around the centre circle looking around when people started running away from the North Stand as Leicester stormed the gates. I can vividly remember one of them running past with a flick knife saying "we're Leicester who wants it?". I was only 11 but scared the life out of me.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Pitch invasions on 22:43 - May 19 with 2679 viewsEastTownBlue

Port Vale fans this evening getting involved with the Swindon players in their pitch invasion this evening,
Pitch invasions on 22:51 - May 19 with 2624 viewsIllinoisblue

Pitch invasions on 22:40 - May 19 by FifeITFC

It was a tradition in the last home game of the season. I've got a photo of my brother at that Reading game on 1987 (I wasn't at that game for some reason) on the pitch with quite a number of other people. He would have been about 13-14 at the time.

It was quite normal... Even when we got charged at by Leicester Hare-Khrisna's around 1989. Can still remember standing around the centre circle looking around when people started running away from the North Stand as Leicester stormed the gates. I can vividly remember one of them running past with a flick knife saying "we're Leicester who wants it?". I was only 11 but scared the life out of me.

Yes, Leicester were insane that day. I don’t recall if they needed a result to stay up or what but there were loads of them and recall the Hare Krishnas running amok through Churchmans.

Good times!

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch invasions on 22:51 - May 19 with 2620 viewsMelford

Pitch invasions on 22:13 - May 19 by wkj

Although it was a different time, we invaded the pitch in our semi final win against Bolton. We had failed in the PO Semis a couple of years in a row at that point and given the electricity of the Bolton game, it was hard to avoid running on.

Forest running on is understandable as well, long time being table proppers in the Championship, almost getting relegated, now one step closer to going back up.

FInally, if we were in that position in the Championship and going to the final, we would likely have a large number of fans doing the same.

In 1992, my favourite Ipswich season we were on the pitch 2 games in a row. When we won the league at the Manor Ground then a week later against Brighton at home. Running around on the pitch like a loon celebrating is what made those memories so special.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Pitch invasions on 23:05 - May 19 with 2565 viewsOldsmoker

Pitch invasions on 22:51 - May 19 by Melford

In 1992, my favourite Ipswich season we were on the pitch 2 games in a row. When we won the league at the Manor Ground then a week later against Brighton at home. Running around on the pitch like a loon celebrating is what made those memories so special.

I remember the good old days of sitting on the pitch at the old Wembley Stadium and skinning up.

#Springsteen

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Pitch invasions on 23:19 - May 19 with 2515 viewsVaughan8

Totally agree. I don't get it.

If you REALLY need to run on the pitch, why go over to the opposition. Moronic. Hopefully these people all get banned. Must be enough CCTV everywhere.
Pitch invasions on 23:26 - May 19 with 2478 viewsOldsmoker

Pitch invasions on 23:19 - May 19 by Vaughan8

Totally agree. I don't get it.

If you REALLY need to run on the pitch, why go over to the opposition. Moronic. Hopefully these people all get banned. Must be enough CCTV everywhere.

Now hang on.
You might have 'invaded' the pitch and 'accosted' some people and told PC Plod to 'F' off but if you were educated at Eton and reside at No 10 then I don't think there should be any need for you to be arrested and fined.
After all, it was a work event.

Oh no, politics on a footy thread. Bloots will have a mare.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Pitch invasions on 00:16 - May 20 with 2366 viewsquirkie

This needs to be stamped out next season. Any fan that runs on to the pitch, home team gets a 3 pts deduction for 1st offence, 10 pts for 2nd, and automatic relegation for the 3rd. That'll put a stop to it :)
[Post edited 20 May 2022 0:17]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Pitch invasions on 00:30 - May 20 with 2332 viewsITFC_History

Another game where we stormed the pitch was the Bryan Gunn game. Anyone remember the group of fans gathered near the spot of the bounce, on their knees bowing & kissing that part of the ground? Anyway. it still makes me smile.

Bryan Gunn, Bryan Gunn,
Bryan Bryan Gunn,
He kicks the ball and we score a goal,
Bryan Bryan Gunn
[Post edited 20 May 2022 0:44]
Pitch invasions on 00:35 - May 20 with 2334 viewsRozz

As above, there's lots of instances where our fans have invaded the pitch and tbh I do see it as one of those things in football where the occasion gets the most of you in certain circumstances.

HOWEVER, there's definitely a movement in football on social media towards who can be the most 'limbs', have the most pyro and generally show they care the most. Unfortunately, this has translated into people running onto the field to assault opposing players, and although I'm sure it has always been thus, IMO people do seem to have forgotten how to act.
Pitch invasions on 01:20 - May 20 with 2278 viewsstonojnr

Pitch invasions on 22:13 - May 19 by wkj

tbf I dont think it was like banning order stuff back then, just very frowned upon by the authorities, and I dont think any town fan went and headbutted a bolton player just for the lols.

and it was 22 years ago, thats a lifetime for alot of the posters on here, times have changed and moved on, as much as pitch invasions used to be part of fans exuberance in the final games or in lots of sports, cricket, F1 etc etc that we enjoyed and was part of those sports, thesedays theres just not the trust that people just wont be mindbendingly stupid idiots about what they do when given that access, and were back to the discussion last month about increased violence in football grounds fuelled by drug taking and yeah its 2022 now, its not the 2000s or the 1980s anymore, people are more looking to create trouble not celebrate the outpouring of relief or success anymore IMO.
Pitch invasions on 03:08 - May 20 with 2188 viewsIllinoisblue

Pitch invasions on 00:16 - May 20 by quirkie

This needs to be stamped out next season. Any fan that runs on to the pitch, home team gets a 3 pts deduction for 1st offence, 10 pts for 2nd, and automatic relegation for the 3rd. That'll put a stop to it :)
[Post edited 20 May 2022 0:17]

Big fan of the way Patrick Vieira dealt with it.

62 - 78 - 81

Pitch invasions on 06:12 - May 20 with 2072 viewsOwainG1992

Pitch invasions on 03:08 - May 20 by Illinoisblue

Big fan of the way Patrick Vieira dealt with it.

That Viera incident is another reason why I posted this.
Morons are spoiling it.
Understand some Town fans might have nice memories of it just takes one idiot to completely ruin it for everyone.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Pitch invasions (n/t) on 06:35 - May 20 with 2028 viewsVeggie

These days you probably can’t say skinheads in case you offend a baldie
[Post edited 20 May 2022 6:38]
Pitch invasions on 07:30 - May 20 with 1883 viewsFrimleyBlue

Pitch invasions on 06:12 - May 20 by OwainG1992

That Viera incident is another reason why I posted this.
Morons are spoiling it.
Understand some Town fans might have nice memories of it just takes one idiot to completely ruin it for everyone.

Easiest way to stop this getting worse... retract the result of the winning side.
Harsh on the thousands of others yes. But might actually make these sort of fans wake up before thinking its OK to do it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Pitch invasions on 07:36 - May 20 with 1873 viewsMattinLondon

Pitch invasions on 07:30 - May 20 by FrimleyBlue

Easiest way to stop this getting worse... retract the result of the winning side.
Harsh on the thousands of others yes. But might actually make these sort of fans wake up before thinking its OK to do it.

Don’t think retracting the result is fair - but I would impose a points penalty for the next season - not one or two points but at least four.

The most tragic part of that video is the bloke in the grey top pushing him then running behind a couple other blokes whilst giving it the full ‘cmon then’.
[Redacted] on 07:41 - May 20 with 1858 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Pitch invasions on 07:59 - May 20 with 1818 viewsStokieBlue

Pitch invasions on 21:58 - May 19 by Illinoisblue

It's great to see players and managers confronted on the pitch, provoked and attacked? There has numerous instances of this recently.

A pitch invasion for managing not to get relegated? Seriously?

This really is playground level stuff.

SB
[Post edited 20 May 2022 8:06]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pitch invasions on 08:08 - May 20 with 1793 viewsghostofescobar

There must be automatic stadium closures as a punishment if pitches are invaded. Two game minimum. Someone is going to get properly hurt, although Billy Sharpe would probably argue that he already has been.

GhostOfEscobar

Pitch invasions on 08:12 - May 20 with 1772 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pitch invasions on 22:05 - May 19 by Ftnfwest

No. Certainly not usually.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024