Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley Draw last night 07:28 - May 20 with 1157 viewsFrimleyBlue

If you were a Burnley fan. Would you have been happy to get a point?

I was quite surprised to see them sitting so deep into the final 5 minutes and even when they had a freekick in the last seconds they didn't fill the box.

Looking at the two games.. I'd have felt they could have won last night compared to Sunday coming.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Burnley Draw last night on 08:15 - May 20 with 1074 viewsChrisd

In normal circumstances, a point away at Villa is decent. Going into those final fixtures at the weekend, I'd rather be in Burnley's position than Leeds. I really can't see Burnley losing against Newcastle and I can't see Leeds winning at Brentford. The Bees look a side full of confidence at the moment especially at home where they have only lost 1 in the last 6. Looks to me Leeds will be back in the Championship come 6pm on Sunday, but we both know football is rarely that straight forward.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 8:20]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Burnley Draw last night on 08:33 - May 20 with 1028 viewsITFC_Forever

Burnley Draw last night on 08:15 - May 20 by Chrisd

In normal circumstances, a point away at Villa is decent. Going into those final fixtures at the weekend, I'd rather be in Burnley's position than Leeds. I really can't see Burnley losing against Newcastle and I can't see Leeds winning at Brentford. The Bees look a side full of confidence at the moment especially at home where they have only lost 1 in the last 6. Looks to me Leeds will be back in the Championship come 6pm on Sunday, but we both know football is rarely that straight forward.

Newcastle are one of the form sides of the second half of the season and should beat Burnley.

So a point will see Leeds safe - but they are known for spectacularly shooting themselves in the foot, so who knows.
If they go down, Brentford's shiny new stadium might not be so shiny and new come Sunday evening.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Burnley Draw last night on 08:36 - May 20 with 1018 viewsJakeITFC

If they lost both they would be 100% down, with that point the odds have them with ~70% implied chance of staying up, so it was definitely the right thing to do.
Burnley Draw last night on 08:38 - May 20 with 1011 viewsChrisd

Burnley Draw last night on 08:33 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

Newcastle are one of the form sides of the second half of the season and should beat Burnley.

So a point will see Leeds safe - but they are known for spectacularly shooting themselves in the foot, so who knows.
If they go down, Brentford's shiny new stadium might not be so shiny and new come Sunday evening.

Burnley are a tough prospect at Turf Moor, in form or not Newcastle won't find that an easy place to go and get 3 points. I still feel Burnley will be the ones that survive.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Burnley Draw last night on 09:13 - May 20 with 915 viewspointofblue

Burnley fans should be used to going for a draw - it’s how they’ve approached games for years. Why the Premier League would be better off without them as a fully fit Leeds side is far better and far more entertaining.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burnley Draw last night on 09:24 - May 20 with 880 viewsWallingford_Boy

Burnley Draw last night on 08:15 - May 20 by Chrisd

100% no question.

Its in their hands, they just need to match Leeds' result.

RIP Sir Bobby

Burnley Draw last night on 10:44 - May 20 with 772 viewsSmithy

Check Brentfords results when Eriksen has started its astonishing, think it's something like 22 pts out of a possible 27

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Burnley Draw last night on 10:51 - May 20 with 749 viewsJammyDodgerrr

They lost to Villa just a week ago right - it's progress. If they go down it will be the Norwich result that cost them, not that one last night.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley Draw last night on 12:17 - May 20 with 658 viewsoldburian

Burnley Draw last night on 10:51 - May 20 by JammyDodgerrr

They lost to Villa just a week ago right - it's progress. If they go down it will be the Norwich result that cost them, not that one last night.

Being totally anti-Norwich, Leeds to go down as they will undoubtedly finish above them, I do not think Burnley will pose as much of a threat to them.
Mind yo they are saying that their squad is better than any in the Championship, a bit like ours in the last three years in L1.
Burnley Draw last night on 12:22 - May 20 with 638 viewshype313

Burnley Draw last night on 08:33 - May 20 by ITFC_Forever

I think they'll both draw and Leeds will go down on GD

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Burnley Draw last night on 12:26 - May 20 with 623 viewsdirtyboy

I'm not a fan of Leeds, but because Burnley sacked Dyche, I hope they go down.

He built that club and they gave him bugg*r all to succeed with and so I hope they collapse.

I enjoy watching Leeds at least try and play football.
Burnley Draw last night on 15:45 - May 20 with 479 viewsSharkey

I predict a game-changing shinned clearance by Pontus Jansson in front of the traveling Leeds fans who adored him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024