Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bakinson 12:46 - May 20 with 3953 viewsGarv

What do people think?

When mentioned on various podcasts people seem to be indifferent on him, take him or leave him.

I'm surprised there's not more folk wanting us to snap him up. I think he got gradually better over the season - which he finished with a belter - and unless Harper is going to come back into the fold and suddenly be a different player, I think we should be taking the option on Bakinson.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bakinson on 12:47 - May 20 with 3072 viewsVeggie

Is he really a player that is going to make a difference? He’s ok, but we desperately need a match winner.
Bakinson on 13:05 - May 20 with 2953 viewsNthQldITFC

I like him a lot. I think he's improving and will continue to improve as well. Definite yes from me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Bakinson on 13:10 - May 20 with 2915 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If he's available cheap, we might as well keep him. Already done so much work with McK and seems to fit, and can only get better, you'd of thought.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Bakinson on 13:10 - May 20 with 2914 viewsDJR

I like him. I think he shows things that Evans doesn't because he moves the ball forward, and isn't so static. In addition, his short passing game seems to me to be more in keeping with McKenna's style of play than Evans' slightly dramatic cross-field balls. I thought he and Morsy formed a great partnership and platform, and it wasn't down to him (or them) that parts of the rest of the team weren't able to build on this. So I'd be more than happy if he signed, but of course McKenna may have his eye on someone better.
Bakinson on 13:12 - May 20 with 2893 viewsGarv

Bakinson on 12:47 - May 20 by Veggie

Is he really a player that is going to make a difference? He’s ok, but we desperately need a match winner.

Do we? Not enough match winners in the team otherwise? Morsy, Burns, Chaplin, Celina if he signs...etc

He's got a goal in him anyway, in fairness.

Bakinson on 13:16 - May 20 with 2850 viewsWeekender

He is doing fine but is that enough?

For me he would be another decent young player with potential to improve, we already have 3 of those (Harper, El Miz, Humphries) so I don't think we need a fourth. I think we need someone who can really challenge SM and LE for a starting place.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Bakinson on 13:20 - May 20 with 2825 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Good age and decent pedigree (played a good amount of games for his age at a decent level)

He is also far more athletic than the midfielders we’ve got (or had in recent years) so in terms of physical attributes he adds a lot more dynamism that compliments Morsy well.

Needs to add a bit more consistency and penetration to his game, but shown more than enough to be worthwhile adding to the squad and be part of a group of central midfielders fighting for a place, as I doubt he’ll be the only centre mid we add this summer
Bakinson on 13:28 - May 20 with 2774 viewscressi

Bakinson on 13:20 - May 20 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Good age and decent pedigree (played a good amount of games for his age at a decent level)

He is also far more athletic than the midfielders we’ve got (or had in recent years) so in terms of physical attributes he adds a lot more dynamism that compliments Morsy well.

Needs to add a bit more consistency and penetration to his game, but shown more than enough to be worthwhile adding to the squad and be part of a group of central midfielders fighting for a place, as I doubt he’ll be the only centre mid we add this summer

Another squad player no more than that unless a dramatic improvement could as still a decent age but a team OK Bakinsons and Jacksons starting regularly won't get u promoted
Login to get fewer ads

Bakinson on 13:32 - May 20 with 2746 viewsPinewoodblue

Bakinson on 13:16 - May 20 by Weekender

For me he would be another decent young player with potential to improve, we already have 3 of those (Harper, El Miz, Humphries) so I don't think we need a fourth. I think we need someone who can really challenge SM and LE for a starting place.

Morsey and Evans are, for one reason or another, going to miss a fair number of games over a season

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bakinson on 13:39 - May 20 with 2704 viewsWeekender

Bakinson on 13:32 - May 20 by Pinewoodblue

Morsey and Evans are, for one reason or another, going to miss a fair number of games over a season

I agree which is why I think we need a better back up than Bakinson

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Bakinson on 13:50 - May 20 with 2654 viewsDJR

Bakinson on 13:39 - May 20 by Weekender

I agree which is why I think we need a better back up than Bakinson

Perhaps a better player won't want to come here if they are merely to be a back-up. I suppose this begs the question as to whether McKenna thinks Evans and Morsy are the best we could have. I have misgivings about Evans whose reputation seems to have risen during his absence, so if we are to get someone better than Bakinson, maybe the intention will be to replace Evans as a starting midfielder.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 13:52]
Bakinson on 13:54 - May 20 with 2628 viewsGarv

Bakinson on 13:16 - May 20 by Weekender

I can see Bakinson comfortably challenging Evans for a spot, potentially ending up being the other way round, i.e Evans challenging Bakinson.

Bakinson on 13:56 - May 20 with 2613 viewsitfcjoe

If we sign him on a 2 year deal that means we have Morsy, Evans and him tied up for at least 2 more years - but do we want that, are they all good enough to step up - Morsy is, are the others?

I'd be looking to get a player to push Evans down the pecking order in that midfield role, rather than someone of a broadly similar level.

I like Bakinson, and wouldn't be disappointed if we sign him, but I don't think he makes us any better

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bakinson on 13:56 - May 20 with 2598 viewsKeno

Bakinson on 13:32 - May 20 by Pinewoodblue

yeah, but why should we worry about he will cover for them at Wigan?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Bakinson on 14:08 - May 20 with 2524 viewswkj

Im not fussed about him going or staying. He did a job, but I feel there is better out there (within our grasp)
[Post edited 20 May 2022 14:09]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bakinson on 14:26 - May 20 with 2457 viewsSTYG

Bakinson on 13:56 - May 20 by itfcjoe

If we sign him on a 2 year deal that means we have Morsy, Evans and him tied up for at least 2 more years - but do we want that, are they all good enough to step up - Morsy is, are the others?

I'd be looking to get a player to push Evans down the pecking order in that midfield role, rather than someone of a broadly similar level.

I like Bakinson, and wouldn't be disappointed if we sign him, but I don't think he makes us any better

I'd be quite happy with Bakinson and Evans as the replacements for Morsy and another player of Morsy stature / ability.

I do think Bakinson looks a better option than El Mizouni, but as you say, Bakinson doesn't make us any better, but both he and Evans I'd be comfortable with filling in for a few games if injury strikes.
Bakinson on 14:28 - May 20 with 2450 viewshype313

Not for me, I want someone with who's a bit more industrious, offers more thrust, he's a tidy little player, but we need to be fierce next season and with that we need players that will propel us to the top, he just doesn't fit that profile for me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bakinson on 15:08 - May 20 with 2264 viewschicoazul

Rather keep and improve Harper and develop Humphries

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bakinson on 15:52 - May 20 with 2153 viewstopguy

Bakinson on 13:56 - May 20 by itfcjoe

I get that but the likes of bakinson and even now jeremie bela who couldt be a good LWB are now free agents for me they would be useful options to allow the money we have got to get in a true goalscorer, it seems everyone wants to buy players and not looking at the free market.
Bakinson on 16:06 - May 20 with 2104 viewsChurchman

Well, McKenna has had a good look at him and the key is whether or not there’s more to come from Bakinson at the age of 23 and whether he wants to be here.

On balance I’d keep him, but if he goes elsewhere, fine.
Bakinson on 16:07 - May 20 with 2095 viewsSTYG

Bakinson on 15:52 - May 20 by topguy

I get that but the likes of bakinson and even now jeremie bela who couldt be a good LWB are now free agents for me they would be useful options to allow the money we have got to get in a true goalscorer, it seems everyone wants to buy players and not looking at the free market.

Probably because we have 13 years of looking what was in the reduced aisle, picked up whatever was going cheap and tried to make something out of it.

We know have the money to identify what we want to cook and go out and get the very finest ingredients.

McKenna will have identified players. Let's go out and get them. If they are out of contract then great. But the investment put into the club is limitless for League One and relies on us getting up through the divisions, not being financially prudent for several years and hoping a cast off might turn good.
Bakinson on 16:17 - May 20 with 2072 viewsstiff_talking

Bakinson on 16:07 - May 20 by STYG

Probably because we have 13 years of looking what was in the reduced aisle, picked up whatever was going cheap and tried to make something out of it.

We know have the money to identify what we want to cook and go out and get the very finest ingredients.

McKenna will have identified players. Let's go out and get them. If they are out of contract then great. But the investment put into the club is limitless for League One and relies on us getting up through the divisions, not being financially prudent for several years and hoping a cast off might turn good.

He will not be returning.
Bakinson on 16:19 - May 20 with 2063 viewsitfcjoe

Bakinson on 15:52 - May 20 by topguy

Just because he is free to leave doesn't mean he is a free transfer, still has a year left on deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bakinson on 16:20 - May 20 with 2057 viewstopguy

Bakinson on 16:07 - May 20 by STYG

Dont mean there are not players able to do well, buying doesnt bring success targetting the right players regardless of cost is more important, for example luton team cost about a million this season and most clubs in L1 cost less than us they finished 6th in CS and we were behind 10 others in L1, buying is not the quick fix getting the right players is.
Bakinson on 16:25 - May 20 with 2013 viewstopguy

Bakinson on 16:19 - May 20 by itfcjoe

Just because he is free to leave doesn't mean he is a free transfer, still has a year left on deal

they dont want him if we do which tbf im not sure we do, i can see us asking about a free transfer even though he has a deal, hes wanted off the wages, if they still wanna fee and we dont think hes worth a fee we move on you dont ask you dont get, still think targetted recruitment will be more important than fees, getting the right players regardless if they are free or expensive is key.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024