Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread 17:11 - May 20 with 1199 viewsGlasgowBlue

[Post edited 20 May 2022 17:11]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:13 - May 20 with 1186 viewsmylittletown

For some unknown reason, Moretti seems to be very fashionable in Glasgow?
Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:26 - May 20 with 1157 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:13 - May 20 by mylittletown

The large bottle makes it particularly destructive when thrown across the pub.
Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:27 - May 20 with 1156 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:13 - May 20 by mylittletown

I gave up drinking for three years when I went through a fitness phase. When I started again I could no longer stand draught beer so started on bottled. Peroni was my choice until I discovered Moretti.

Iron Lion Zion

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:36 - May 20 with 1141 viewsSteve_M

6 Music have gone back to the 90s today and it has been very enjoyable listening, although no way 1997 was 25 years ago...

So on that theme:

Accompanied by a nice Suffolk beer:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:36 - May 20 with 1141 viewsBlueBadger

In tribute to the the late Ricky Gardiner:

And because I've had a big MOT bill:

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:38 - May 20 with 1135 viewsmylittletown

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:27 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

I gave up drinking for three years when I went through a fitness phase. When I started again I could no longer stand draught beer so started on bottled. Peroni was my choice until I discovered Moretti.

I have always struggled to find decent draught bitter in Glasgow.
It seems not to be as fixed in the culture as is it is down here, and I am not that bothered by draught lager, so I often drink bottled beers in the pubs of the West End.
Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:39 - May 20 with 1130 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:38 - May 20 by mylittletown

It seems not to be as fixed in the culture as is it is down here, and I am not that bothered by draught lager, so I often drink bottled beers in the pubs of the West End.

Byers Road and Ashton Lane?

Iron Lion Zion

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:45 - May 20 with 1118 viewsmylittletown

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:39 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

Byers Road and Ashton Lane?

Yes. My friends like that great big converted church on the corner of Byres Road, and they love The Chip. They also like Stravaigin. I'm not wild about any of those 3!
I really like The Finnieston and The Brass Monkey in Finnieston, although the former is pretty much a restaurant.
What are your favourites?
[Post edited 20 May 2022 17:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 18:10 - May 20 with 1079 viewsGlasgowBlue

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:45 - May 20 by mylittletown

Yes. My friends like that great big converted church on the corner of Byres Road, and they love The Chip. They also like Stravaigin. I'm not wild about any of those 3!
I really like The Finnieston and The Brass Monkey in Finnieston, although the former is pretty much a restaurant.
What are your favourites?
[Post edited 20 May 2022 17:53]

The converted church is called Òran Mór. We go there quite a lot.

I like the Ark in Merchant City as well. Browns on George Square although I’m starting to feel a bit old in there these days.

Wests Bar on Glasgow Green is good but a bit out of the city.

I’ve heard good things about the Finnieston. Must give it a try.

Are you based up here or just visit occasionally?

Iron Lion Zion

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 18:24 - May 20 with 1045 viewsmylittletown

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 18:10 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

The converted church is called Òran Mór. We go there quite a lot.

I like the Ark in Merchant City as well. Browns on George Square although I’m starting to feel a bit old in there these days.

Wests Bar on Glasgow Green is good but a bit out of the city.

I’ve heard good things about the Finnieston. Must give it a try.

Are you based up here or just visit occasionally?

We visit quite often.
I've got very old friends up there, and Mrs MyLittleTown still does a fair bit of work in Glasgow, so we have plenty of excuses to visit.
Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 18:25 - May 20 with 1043 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 18:27 - May 20 with 1038 viewsBaltachaFanClub

As for the tune.

I am feeling a little bit my chemical romance today.
So Welcome to the black parade is on.

The beer.

I have Brewdog Jagged edge in my sights, just waiting for my brother and his wife to arrive, before ordering a curry, then I shall open a beer

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 18:53 - May 20 with 1029 viewsstonojnr

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 17:38 - May 20 by mylittletown

Cask beer in Scotland is something that's definitely not as big a thing as it is down south, but its turnover based, saw a report today 90% of cask beer is not sold within 3 days, and it really needs to be more like 90% is sold within 3 days for it to be in a healthy state.

In Scotland low demand, beer stays on too long, tastes awful, lowers demand further. Pubs give up on it as it results in them pouring money down the drain
Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 19:36 - May 20 with 991 viewsthecheek

"I'm drinking Hennessey with Morrissey on a beach, out of reach, somewhere very far away"
Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 20:33 - May 20 with 957 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

[Post edited 20 May 2022 20:36]

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 21:18 - May 20 with 910 viewsgtsb1966

Alcohol is irrelevant ...but Adnams Broadside would suffice.
Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 21:45 - May 20 with 886 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 21:18 - May 20 by gtsb1966

Alcohol is irrelevant ...but Adnams Broadside would suffice.

Get your laughing gear round a broadside and listen to this fine exanple of hard rock blues buh.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 22:09 - May 20 with 860 viewsBlueBoots

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Pub time - Friday night choon and drink thread on 22:38 - May 20 with 847 viewsITFC_Forever

Korev please.

And some 1981 hits to commemorate the anniversary of lifting the UEFA Cup.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024