Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I quite enjoyed this game from the past so thought I share 23:22 - May 20 with 1104 viewsITFC_History

Where we hammered Spurs 4-0 when the Portman Road Stand was under construction on both sides to expand it.

The first goal we scored we only had nine men on the pitch (Trying to remember another time we done that)
A peach of a header from Beattie for the 2nd
A well deserved third for Lambert after having a perfectly good goal disallowed minutes before
& Osborne with his 1st goal for the club to make it four

Edit if the link does not start where it should its 31:07 in

[Post edited 20 May 2022 23:26]
I quite enjoyed this game from the past so thought I share on 02:07 - May 21 with 969 viewsfloridablue

Thanks for sharing and a trip for me down memory lane... although I can't remember for certain, I'm pretty sure I would've been there in 74.
I quite enjoyed this game from the past so thought I share on 08:19 - May 21 with 791 viewsBluespeed225

VAR would have given us a 5th! I always thought the stand was built as one! In 71’ we were still struggling a bit, by 74’ we were on it, guess the Cobbolds thought a slight expansion would pay dividends. Sleepy should have taken note! Loved those players.
I quite enjoyed this game from the past so thought I share on 08:25 - May 21 with 782 viewsDJR

Fairly sharp picture which is in contrast to some of the footage from that era. I would have been there, although I can't remember the game. I'd also forgotten the Portman Road stand extension.
[Post edited 21 May 2022 8:27]
I quite enjoyed this game from the past so thought I share on 08:25 - May 21 with 781 viewsPendejo

Was going to go past West Ham v Massive Citeh, but caught a chorus of "What a load of rubbish" and went back to the start hoping to see a spanking. ..

Turns out the unhappy Hammers were passing comment on Citeh continually passing back to keeper, who back then could pick the ball up.

The Hammers shirt had a deeper shade of blue than these days, looked much better.
Not badges, no logos, no shirt sponsors.
Citeh shirt with numbers on the arms.

Sudbury born ex-town player Geoff Hammond for Citeh.
Realising him much FL Jnr, looks like FL Snr as he looked back then, sans beard.

How wonderful a commentator Brian Moore was.

Onto Ipswich, a poor run of form cited yet still within striking distance of the top (of the top tier, sigh).

Not only down to 9 for that first goal... The 2 players off were the strikers Johnson the first and Whymark, neither of whom score.

Didn't bother with the 3rd game, any good?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I quite enjoyed this game from the past so thought I share on 08:40 - May 21 with 742 viewsChurchman

I quite enjoyed this game from the past so thought I share on 02:07 - May 21 by floridablue

Thanks for sharing and a trip for me down memory lane... although I can't remember for certain, I'm pretty sure I would've been there in 74.

Yes, it was built in the summer of 1971 in 102 days. The extensions were built in 1974 and fully open for the 5th Round FA Cup game against Aston Villa. I actually sat in one of the extensions that day.

Thank you for posting this. Really brought back some memories. I wasn’t at that Spurs game and didn’t remember it at all. I must have seen it on Match of the Week, but the years……. A few thing struck me:

Brian Moore’s suit. Phenomenal. Love it. Brilliant commentator too. Far better than the current ones. Really top notch bloke too, apparently. He attended the brother in law’s church in Farnborough Kent and he knew him a little.

Micky Lambert is somewhat forgotten in ITFC history, but he was actually a really good footballer and was great for the club. Viljoen was a lovely player too.

Lastly, it made me laugh when Moore introduced the game by saying Ipswich are in the dark shirts. Black and white tv for many in those days.
[Post edited 21 May 2022 9:06]
I quite enjoyed this game from the past so thought I share on 08:51 - May 21 with 723 viewsZx1988

Blimey.

That little section about Ellie, the Swindon Town fan...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024