Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackems vs Wycombe 10:06 - May 21 with 5706 viewsSteve_M

Camden is full of Mackems this morning, I didn’t have the heart to tell them they will probably get sh1thoused by Wycombe today.

Think I would rather Sunderland go up, they will definitely be competitive next season but I’m not sure Wycombe will be. Obviously Sunderland messing it up badly would also be quite funny.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mackems vs Wycombe on 18:24 - May 21 with 673 viewsjayessess

Mackems vs Wycombe on 16:56 - May 21 by Mullet

It is, but my point was about teams like Wycombe vs Sunderland. Given the utter dross we've had in charge you'll not find many head to heads that favour us when 11th placed finishes happen and top six don't.

I'd fancy us in a tactical match up under McKenna any day than trying to outmuscle and break down teams happy to kick players and balls out of touch every chance they get. Let alone the fact that Sunderland probably won't come back down now they've gone up for a long time.

Our record against Wycombe in this division is Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 0 and it took a dodgy ref and a goalkeeping howler for them to get that.

IMO we're usually more likely to win against teams with worse footballers. Wycombe are worse than Sunderland and are likely to be weaker still next August, certainly weaker than an Alex Neil-led Sunderland would've been.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Mackems vs Wycombe on 20:40 - May 21 with 579 viewsSteve_M

Mackems vs Wycombe on 17:00 - May 21 by Mach_foreignBlue

A big: 'WHAT IF'

What if we had appointed Alex Neil? He was reportedly keen to talk to us about the managerial position. Why, why, why on bloody earth didn't we appoint him?

They have changed the manager and it paid off. We did the same and what? We're still in a midtable club in this league.

1 defeat in 18 games. Their squad was in a disarray when Neil took over and what a job. They fully deserved their promotion for this appointment in particular.
[Post edited 21 May 2022 17:03]

This is a daft post Mach, Neil got one more point in his 18 matches than we did over the same number of games. The damage was done under Cook:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:18/type

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mackems vs Wycombe on 20:47 - May 21 with 573 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Mackems vs Wycombe on 20:40 - May 21 by Steve_M

This is a daft post Mach, Neil got one more point in his 18 matches than we did over the same number of games. The damage was done under Cook:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:18/type

The circumstances of both were a bit different. Neil found a Sunderland team in a big disarray. Losing 0-6 to Bolton, the defeats against Doncaster and Cheltenham. That is why the scale of his job has been remarkable.
Mackems vs Wycombe on 09:47 - May 22 with 471 viewsjayessess

Mackems vs Wycombe on 20:47 - May 21 by Mach_foreignBlue

The circumstances of both were a bit different. Neil found a Sunderland team in a big disarray. Losing 0-6 to Bolton, the defeats against Doncaster and Cheltenham. That is why the scale of his job has been remarkable.

The team that McKenna took over was also in disarray, had 1 win in 9 (a narrow home win against the worst team in the league).

Sunderland had lost 3 on the trot when Neil took over, but they were also 4th in the league.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Mackems vs Wycombe on 14:26 - May 22 with 427 viewsChrisd

Mackems vs Wycombe on 20:40 - May 21 by Steve_M

No he didn't, as I highlighted in my reply to you on another thread. Alex Neil took charge of Sunderland on the 11th February, so if you do the data range from then until the end of the league season (not the play offs) Sunderland had picked up 30 points from those 15 games, compared to us where we'd mustered 23. Yes, the start didn't help under PC and we were too inconsistent, but we drew too many games under KM on our run in to be serious contenders.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2
[Post edited 22 May 2022 14:31]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024