Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season 16:56 - May 21 with 1370 viewsdominiciawful

Wycombe Wanderers Anti-Football Club

Still, we did the double over them in 2021/22, so we should be alright.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 16:57 - May 21 with 1355 viewstextbackup

they'll be bottom half next season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:00 - May 21 with 1326 viewsStu_boy

Think if i was ainsworth now is the time to walk away while his stock is high, then they'll struggle
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:02 - May 21 with 1298 viewsUB9Blue

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:00 - May 21 by Stu_boy

Think if i was ainsworth now is the time to walk away while his stock is high, then they'll struggle

Can see him going to QPR
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:03 - May 21 with 1283 viewsMullet

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:00 - May 21 by Stu_boy

Although by the same token do they become more attractive now too? Can't imagine what a final appearance does to their budget, but presumably they'll be ripping this squad up to a fair extent.

The churn in this division and developing gaps at the top and bottom financially must mean they're vulnerable right now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:03 - May 21 with 1279 viewsStu_boy

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:02 - May 21 by UB9Blue

Can see him going to QPR

Tbh that would be a decent match, qpr are just an average mid table side so less pressure than a top side
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:05 - May 21 with 1260 viewsStu_boy

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:03 - May 21 by Mullet

Although by the same token do they become more attractive now too? Can't imagine what a final appearance does to their budget, but presumably they'll be ripping this squad up to a fair extent.

The churn in this division and developing gaps at the top and bottom financially must mean they're vulnerable right now.

Akinfenwa will be a big loss
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:32 - May 21 with 1181 viewsChurchman

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:03 - May 21 by Mullet

Their average crowd is about £7k. Unless they’ve rich owners there’s only so long they can defy gravity. Ainsworth has done well for them, but I can’t see him staying if a club like QPR come in.
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:43 - May 21 with 1158 viewsFtnfwest

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:03 - May 21 by Stu_boy

Tbh that would be a decent match, qpr are just an average mid table side so less pressure than a top side

Think they are looking at manning
Login to get fewer ads

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:51 - May 21 with 1133 viewsChurchman

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:43 - May 21 by Ftnfwest

I can’t see why he’d go there. I could see somebody like Paul Cook pitching up though.
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:58 - May 21 with 1077 viewsFtnfwest

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:51 - May 21 by Churchman

I can’t see why he’d go there. I could see somebody like Paul Cook pitching up though.

Favourite with the bookies, or at least was a week ago. Yeah feels like they’ve got rid of warburton a bit early tbh
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 18:28 - May 21 with 1012 viewstextbackup

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:43 - May 21 by Ftnfwest

i know a certain AD is buzzing at Warburton leaving

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 18:29 - May 21 with 1009 viewsjayessess

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:51 - May 21 by Churchman

Better salary, bigger budget, better squad, higher division, bigger fanbase, QPR have a higher ceiling than MK Dons etc.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 19:09 - May 21 with 932 viewsMullet

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 18:29 - May 21 by jayessess

Better salary, bigger budget, better squad, higher division, bigger fanbase, QPR have a higher ceiling than MK Dons etc.

I'd be very surprised if he moved before having a go this season with them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 19:30 - May 21 with 891 viewsjayessess

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 19:09 - May 21 by Mullet

I'd be very surprised if he moved before having a go this season with them.

I think managers probably have to take their opportunities to progress whenever they present themselves really.

Last season was their first Top 10 finish in League One since 2014. Five of their starting line-up for the play-off semi-final will go back to their parent club in the Summer. They'll likely be forced to sell Twine or Darling. Dean Lewington just turned 38.

There is every chance MK Dons aren't especially competitive in this league next season and Manning's shot at a higher division doesn't come again.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 19:45 - May 21 with 867 viewsdavblue

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:05 - May 21 by Stu_boy

Akinfenwa will be a big loss

Off the pitch yes but on it I’m not too sure he’s looked finished when I’ve seen him this year.
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 19:48 - May 21 with 853 viewsdavblue

Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 17:03 - May 21 by Stu_boy

It’s a complete 180 from their playing style. I don’t see it but of course it could happen but why buy players for a certain style then rip it up.
Looking forward to another two matches with Wycombe Wanderers A.F.C. next season on 08:14 - May 22 with 661 viewsRomeo4

Think I spotted Paul Cook sitting next to Peter Reid at Wembley yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024