Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
D’Mani Mellor 17:27 - May 21 with 2754 viewsMillsey

Leaving Man Utd when his contract expires !!!!!!!
D’Mani Mellor on 17:30 - May 21 with 2708 viewsstopmoaning

Who?
D’Mani Mellor on 17:31 - May 21 with 2703 viewsSTYG

Let’s just remember that Lee Martin also came from Man Utd.

Mellor couldn’t get in the Salford team. There will be plenty of United youngsters that get released. Hopefully we are only interested in those that are actually going to be top league one players from the off.
D’Mani Mellor on 17:31 - May 21 with 2689 viewsZx1988

Seems more than a little bit injury-prone...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

D’Mani Mellor on 18:08 - May 21 with 2546 viewsjayessess

He's got to 21 and has 45 minutes of first team football on his resume. I suppose there's an outside chance that McKenna rates him from his time at Man U and thinks he's worth a 1-year contract in the U23s to see if he can kick on, but other than that...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

D’Mani Mellor on 19:16 - May 21 with 2337 viewsBlueyandCrazy

D’Mani Mellor on 18:08 - May 21 by jayessess

He's got to 21 and has 45 minutes of first team football on his resume. I suppose there's an outside chance that McKenna rates him from his time at Man U and thinks he's worth a 1-year contract in the U23s to see if he can kick on, but other than that...

Got to be very careful taking players released out of Man U.
A lot do not have the mentality to cope with being released from there and spiral down the leagues from there……if you like they think it’s downhill from there so it is….

So got to really pick the ones who really have the strong mentality to bounce back as well as talent.

I’m sure McKenna will know exactly who is worth considering in this respect.
Far more likely to get a loan I’d have thought

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

D’Mani Mellor on 19:34 - May 21 with 2249 viewsjayessess

D’Mani Mellor on 19:16 - May 21 by BlueyandCrazy

Got to be very careful taking players released out of Man U.
A lot do not have the mentality to cope with being released from there and spiral down the leagues from there……if you like they think it’s downhill from there so it is….

So got to really pick the ones who really have the strong mentality to bounce back as well as talent.

I’m sure McKenna will know exactly who is worth considering in this respect.
Far more likely to get a loan I’d have thought

I think we're an awkward level for a Man U loanee. Too big for a very young player to get their first taste, too low down the league for someone a bit older and more polished.

D’Mani Mellor on 20:04 - May 21 with 2159 viewsGeoffSentence

D’Mani Mellor on 17:30 - May 21 by stopmoaning

Who?

D'MANI MELLOR

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

D’Mani Mellor on 21:39 - May 21 with 1925 viewsNthsuffolkblue

D’Mani Mellor on 19:34 - May 21 by jayessess

I think we're an awkward level for a Man U loanee. Too big for a very young player to get their first taste, too low down the league for someone a bit older and more polished.

What about someone in between those two players?!

Ultimately it needs to be someone who is good enough to improve us. It is no good us developing players in the mould of Chalobah, Parrott or McGuinness were when they came. There are plenty who are loaned at this level who would make more of a difference to us (and have done for the clubs they have gone to).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

D’Mani Mellor on 21:43 - May 21 with 1908 viewsBlueyandCrazy

D’Mani Mellor on 21:39 - May 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ultimately it needs to be someone who is good enough to improve us. It is no good us developing players in the mould of Chalobah, Parrott or McGuinness were when they came. There are plenty who are loaned at this level who would make more of a difference to us (and have done for the clubs they have gone to).

I guess the point is that those are the type of loans we are likely to get - raw, young and need development. Yet with our current backing we will be aiming higher than that.

The top flight players going out on loan who could readily contribute for us will be going to the Championship or a top flight overseas.

D’Mani Mellor on 21:48 - May 21 with 1879 viewsNthsuffolkblue

D’Mani Mellor on 21:43 - May 21 by BlueyandCrazy

I guess the point is that those are the type of loans we are likely to get - raw, young and need development. Yet with our current backing we will be aiming higher than that.

The top flight players going out on loan who could readily contribute for us will be going to the Championship or a top flight overseas.

I thought some of the more influential players in the league this season were on loan but I must have been wrong.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

D’Mani Mellor on 22:18 - May 21 with 1784 viewsjayessess

D’Mani Mellor on 21:39 - May 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think all 3 of those illustrate how difficult it is to get these things right.

Anyone 19 or under is probably too raw.

Anyone 20+ who's a real prospect in an elite academy like Man U probably wants to line up a Championship move.

That there's currently someone at Man U who doesn't fall into those categories, is a sure thing and plays in a position we need to fill, is a longshot.

For instance, would we risk having Alvaro Fernández (19, 4 EFL Trophy apps to his name) as our first choice left back? I don't think we would...

D’Mani Mellor on 22:18 - May 21 with 1783 viewsBlueyandCrazy

D’Mani Mellor on 21:48 - May 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

I thought some of the more influential players in the league this season were on loan but I must have been wrong.

Indeed the likes of MK Dons relied on loaners and picked up some good ones. They chose well, but this includes the likes of the aforementioned Parrot.
We are looking to buy at this level now so not sure we are in that market. We chose to buy Piggot for example rather than re loan Parrott. Probably the wrong decision on hindsight but the right approach - if we’d got the choice correct, which we will aim to do this summer.

D’Mani Mellor on 22:30 - May 21 with 1737 viewsjayessess

D’Mani Mellor on 22:18 - May 21 by BlueyandCrazy

Indeed the likes of MK Dons relied on loaners and picked up some good ones. They chose well, but this includes the likes of the aforementioned Parrot.
We are looking to buy at this level now so not sure we are in that market. We chose to buy Piggot for example rather than re loan Parrott. Probably the wrong decision on hindsight but the right approach - if we’d got the choice correct, which we will aim to do this summer.

If you get a permanent transfer right when the season is done you have an asset, if you get a loan right you have another problem to solve.

D’Mani Mellor on 22:56 - May 21 with 1670 viewsBlueyandCrazy

D’Mani Mellor on 22:18 - May 21 by jayessess

I think all 3 of those illustrate how difficult it is to get these things right.

Anyone 19 or under is probably too raw.

Anyone 20+ who's a real prospect in an elite academy like Man U probably wants to line up a Championship move.

That there's currently someone at Man U who doesn't fall into those categories, is a sure thing and plays in a position we need to fill, is a longshot.

For instance, would we risk having Alvaro Fernández (19, 4 EFL Trophy apps to his name) as our first choice left back? I don't think we would...

Yes and if we aren’t going to as a minimum verbally give the impression he will be first choice left back we ain’t going to get him on loan.

D’Mani Mellor on 06:38 - May 22 with 1488 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

OMG!!!!!!!!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

D’Mani Mellor on 09:37 - May 22 with 1275 viewsjayessess

D’Mani Mellor on 22:56 - May 21 by BlueyandCrazy

Yes and if we aren’t going to as a minimum verbally give the impression he will be first choice left back we ain’t going to get him on loan.

Fernandez is their U23 player of the year, so every chance he's actually in both categories - too young to be a sure thing for us but also highly rated enough that a Championship Club might be prepared to take the risk.

D’Mani Mellor on 14:15 - May 22 with 1098 viewsEssexBloo

Reece Devine, left back, also been released. I don’t know anything about him but that could be a possibility I guess.
D’Mani Mellor on 15:05 - May 22 with 1012 viewsjayessess

D’Mani Mellor on 14:15 - May 22 by EssexBloo

Reece Devine, left back, also been released. I don’t know anything about him but that could be a possibility I guess.

two undistinguished loan spells this season at St. Johnstone then Walsall.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024