Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone fancy a depressing read? 17:54 - May 21 with 1660 viewsGlasgowBlue

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/07/08/they-sold-a-team-and-built-a-stand-how-

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone fancy a depressing read? on 17:57 - May 21 with 1599 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shame sheepshanks didn't take that as a historic warning.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone fancy a depressing read? on 18:12 - May 21 with 1510 viewshochiblue

Like watching a slow motion car crash. You knew what was coming but couldn't stop it!
Anyone fancy a depressing read? on 18:13 - May 21 with 1508 viewsfloridablue

yep, now I'm depressed..... cheers!
Anyone fancy a depressing read? on 18:16 - May 21 with 1494 viewsChurchman

I think that’s a pretty good summary. The key was the loss of Robson for me. Ferguson was a coach, not a manager and it showed. The stand just accelerated the decline.
Anyone fancy a depressing read? on 19:21 - May 21 with 1269 viewsCoastalblue

That was an awful season, complete disbeleif when we eventually went down, thanks for nothing Arsenal. The writing had been on the wall for a while but when we beat Liverpool I was totally convinced we were staying up for another year.

It does make you wonder, we had spent so long as a first division team, had we gone into that first Premier League season as an established top flight club (still) how things might have turned out differently.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Anyone fancy a depressing read? on 23:35 - May 21 with 990 viewspatrickswell

Anyone fancy a depressing read? on 19:21 - May 21 by Coastalblue

That was an awful season, complete disbeleif when we eventually went down, thanks for nothing Arsenal. The writing had been on the wall for a while but when we beat Liverpool I was totally convinced we were staying up for another year.

It does make you wonder, we had spent so long as a first division team, had we gone into that first Premier League season as an established top flight club (still) how things might have turned out differently.

Thing is, we can blame Arsenal, but we dropped 20 points from winning positions that season, which was fatal as we only scored 32 goals in the league that season.
Anyone fancy a depressing read? on 12:53 - May 22 with 659 viewsITFC_Forever

The lack of goals cost us…. We scored 32, and I’m pretty sure Gary Lineker scored more than that on his own for Everton that season.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024