Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 years since the Manchester Arena bombing 11:03 - May 22 with 896 viewsMullet

Can still remember that drive to work the day after wondering if any of our kids were dead or injured because they'd been telling us about going to see Ariana Grande the day before. The news seemed surreal as there was little to indicate what had happened at first.

We saw all sorts of brilliant community spirit, healing and people helping each other. As well as the scum like Yaxley-Lennon exploit it for his own wealth. Seems like it was a lifetime ago and also much more recent than 5 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-61522046

It's hard looking at those photos still in that piece. Such a waste of life.

[Post edited 22 May 2022 15:46]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

5 years since the Manchester Arena bombing on 12:22 - May 22 with 807 viewsCoastalblue

Things like this have such an effect and stick in the memory in a way that seems different to other events. I had no idea that was 5 years ago but I can still remember 7/7 like it was yesterday, the details of an otherwise mundane drive up into the Fens for me.

Likewise I was close enough on the day to hear the bombing of the Admiral Duncan pub, that was back in '99 FFS but still vivid in my memory.

I hope all those affected by the Manchester Arena attrocity are getting the help they need for recovery, suspect it will stay with many forever.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

5 years since the Manchester Arena bombing on 14:31 - May 22 with 713 viewsJimmy86

I also remember a young Harry Wright posting a very questionable tweet after it had just happened...
5 years since the Manchester Arena bombing on 16:00 - May 22 with 618 viewsMullet

5 years since the Manchester Arena bombing on 12:22 - May 22 by Coastalblue

Things like this have such an effect and stick in the memory in a way that seems different to other events. I had no idea that was 5 years ago but I can still remember 7/7 like it was yesterday, the details of an otherwise mundane drive up into the Fens for me.

Likewise I was close enough on the day to hear the bombing of the Admiral Duncan pub, that was back in '99 FFS but still vivid in my memory.

I hope all those affected by the Manchester Arena attrocity are getting the help they need for recovery, suspect it will stay with many forever.

I don't think those who lost loved ones or were injured will ever get over it, I guess you just don't maybe you adapt?

It does feel like the advent of rolling news also means we all collect these moments as kinf of signposts doesn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024