Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh well 16:03 - May 22 with 2293 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's the Premier league done and dusted after 3 minutes then.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oh well on 18:32 - May 22 with 636 viewsMattinLondon

Oh well on 17:43 - May 22 by pointofblue

Soulless team to win the title again.

What does that even mean?

One team has an inferiority complex and the other has an persecution complex. Both teams fans are a big bag of arse.
Oh well on 18:42 - May 22 with 602 viewsRadioOrwell

Oh well on 18:28 - May 22 by pointofblue

Maybe. Won’t change my mind over that though and jealousy is perhaps behind it to an extent. In fairness, at least Chelsea were in and around the top six before the money, which is more than can be said for the other two.

Bizzare logic there.
It's ok to be taken over by dirty money billionaire if you're already fairly successful.
Why ?
Oh well on 18:46 - May 22 with 580 viewspointofblue

Oh well on 18:42 - May 22 by RadioOrwell

Bizzare logic there.
It's ok to be taken over by dirty money billionaire if you're already fairly successful.
Why ?

Well I said I wanted Chelsea to go down next year so, not ‘ok’ as such. Just slightly - very slightly - more palatable than taking from limping around mid table or lower year after year.

Yes, hypocritical, I know. Would love us to build our success like we did in the late 90s/00-01 with great transfer dealings and fantastic squad building.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Oh well on 20:16 - May 22 with 525 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oh well on 18:32 - May 22 by MattinLondon

What does that even mean?

One team has an inferiority complex and the other has an persecution complex. Both teams fans are a big bag of arse.

Team who's fans have been through the mill and down to League 1, won the title over one of the established elite clubs.

Not sure what the agenda is.

They all have money. Liverpool broke the world transfer records for a Goalkeeper and a Defender. They are not exactly poor.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 20:17]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Oh well on 20:27 - May 22 with 514 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oh well on 18:28 - May 22 by pointofblue

Maybe. Won’t change my mind over that though and jealousy is perhaps behind it to an extent. In fairness, at least Chelsea were in and around the top six before the money, which is more than can be said for the other two.

So in your view, FFP is there to protect the established elite clubs who already had the biggest funds?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Oh well on 20:40 - May 22 with 506 viewscressi

Oh well on 20:27 - May 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

So in your view, FFP is there to protect the established elite clubs who already had the biggest funds?

Personally I'm glad City won league
If Liverpool won all four trophies the Suffolk scousers would have been unbearable
Oh well on 20:59 - May 22 with 483 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oh well on 20:40 - May 22 by cressi

Personally I'm glad City won league
If Liverpool won all four trophies the Suffolk scousers would have been unbearable

Agreed.

Oh well on 21:15 - May 22 with 472 viewspointofblue

Oh well on 20:27 - May 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

FFP had good intentions but the execution is flawed. How to even things up is the big question but at the moment it’s a case of being one of the lucky ones to be taken over. City were helped by the Commonwealth Games gifting them a stadium and were ripe for the picking when sportswashing was required.

Back to the original question and scrapping the EPPP would be a good start.
ETA - I’ve also been very supportive of league position rewards being spread out through the pyramid, rather than focused at the top. Lower the amount for winning the Premier League and have less gaps between each position and league.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 22:21]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024