Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are favourites to win L1 18:29 - May 22 with 2089 viewsBlueNomad

Next season according to SkyBet.
We are favourites to win L1 on 18:34 - May 22 with 2057 viewsMetal_Hacker

Let’s have another look once the transfer window closes

Poll: If it were one or the other

We are favourites to win L1 on 18:35 - May 22 with 2049 viewspointofblue

Weren’t we this time last year too?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We are favourites to win L1 on 18:38 - May 22 with 2028 viewsboroughblue

We are favourites to win L1 on 18:35 - May 22 by pointofblue

Weren’t we this time last year too?

and the year before that?

Seems to be a theme...

Lets just not get too carried away for once and see how it goes I reckon...
We are favourites to win L1 on 18:40 - May 22 with 2015 viewsRyorry

This has been done numerous times before, with several people pointing out that it only takes a few of dozen people each sticking a tenner on, to swing the market in a manner which makes the whole thing completely meaningless.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We are favourites to win L1 on 19:02 - May 22 with 1909 viewsBlueNomad

I pointed it out because of the absurdity
We are favourites to win L1 on 01:49 - May 23 with 1488 viewsJ2BLUE

We are favourites to win L1 on 19:02 - May 22 by BlueNomad

I pointed it out because of the absurdity

Lots of overeager Town fans driving that price IMO. Interesting to see how the weight of money responds to this. We’re quite unfashionable at the moment and hard to see how anyone outside of Town would back us. Once other fans wake up it will be a better reflection of betting fan opinion.

1.67 for the top six! Someone has more money than sense :D

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We are favourites to win L1 on 02:56 - May 23 with 1473 viewsBigCommon

Pretty ridiculous atm, really.... We've got one striker, and he's still injured...We are light in MF and at LWB... Obviously these will be addressed in the window (hopefully).. But you can only assume that the fav's tag is based on a few quid gone on early..... If half the 15000 plus, enthusiastic Season Tickets have had a cheeky tenner on already?
We are favourites to win L1 on 07:22 - May 23 with 1299 viewsKeno

Whoop whoop

All abroad HMS P1ss the League

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

We are favourites to win L1 on 07:49 - May 23 with 1245 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m not seeing P11 to P1 despite all my hope and optimism. We have 3 months of backstory to base a 46 game season on with no recent season on season progress. Not saying it won’t happen, I will be praying July to May! Let’s review in July/Aug once the transfer window is done and we actually know what business we’ve done.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 8:19]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

We are favourites to win L1 on 08:03 - May 23 with 1220 viewsBlueySwede

At our best this season we have been excellent, playing like that we could absolutely be up there. The big question is if McKenna can make us into a more consistent force. The squad needs fine tuning, let´s see how it goes.
We are favourites to win L1 on 08:21 - May 23 with 1174 viewsBiGDonnie

I make them right. Big season incoming.

COYBs

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

We are favourites to win L1 on 08:27 - May 23 with 1158 viewsclive_baker

Nothing like a bit of blind faith of a side that's been down for 3 seasons and barely even threatened to get into the playoffs, just finished 11th and only won 4 of the 20 games against the top 10.

There are mitigating cirumstances, and we did improve under KM, but there's no way I would back us to win the league right now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We are favourites to win L1 on 08:33 - May 23 with 1151 viewsitfcjoe

We are favourites to win L1 on 18:40 - May 22 by Ryorry

This has been done numerous times before, with several people pointing out that it only takes a few of dozen people each sticking a tenner on, to swing the market in a manner which makes the whole thing completely meaningless.

That's not the case in a market like this, league winners, promotion etc are huge markets - not like new manager ones where tidbits of info can move it loads

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We are favourites to win L1 on 08:45 - May 23 with 1094 viewstractorboy1978

We are favourites to win L1 on 01:49 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Lots of overeager Town fans driving that price IMO. Interesting to see how the weight of money responds to this. We’re quite unfashionable at the moment and hard to see how anyone outside of Town would back us. Once other fans wake up it will be a better reflection of betting fan opinion.

1.67 for the top six! Someone has more money than sense :D

Disagree we are unfashionable at the moment. Both the NTT20 guys (Ali Maxwell and George Elek) have said they'd back us to win the division next season. I think everyone knows we are going for it again this summer and we have a far stronger, more settled base to build on.
We are favourites to win L1 on 09:11 - May 23 with 1031 viewsJ2BLUE

We are favourites to win L1 on 08:45 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

Disagree we are unfashionable at the moment. Both the NTT20 guys (Ali Maxwell and George Elek) have said they'd back us to win the division next season. I think everyone knows we are going for it again this summer and we have a far stronger, more settled base to build on.

Possibly. This market can't be that old so Sky might well have decided we'll be a popular bet and looked to shorten our odds to balance the book. The most optimistic hope would be the "rumours' Ainsworth mentioned on Sky are true and Sky know about them as well.

Another possible explanation if they've just front loaded the bigger clubs with fans more likely to pile on as I can't imagine many fans outside of league one bet on these markets.

I think we can safely say if Sunderland hadn't gone up every bookie would have at least started with them in the favourites position.

Truly impaired.

We are favourites to win L1 on 09:26 - May 23 with 987 viewsParmigiano

There is also the fact that, since the moment McKenna took over, pretty much every opposing manager said we were the best team they'd faced all season.

Soundbites like that doesn't go unnoticed outside of our internal ITFC bubble after a while.
We are favourites to win L1 on 09:45 - May 23 with 924 viewsWallingford_Boy

LOL

MUCH better sides that us in this division next season, I would settle for play offs, but have my doubts on that even.

RIP Sir Bobby

We are favourites to win L1 on 10:07 - May 23 with 888 viewsclive_baker

We are favourites to win L1 on 09:26 - May 23 by Parmigiano

There is also the fact that, since the moment McKenna took over, pretty much every opposing manager said we were the best team they'd faced all season.

Soundbites like that doesn't go unnoticed outside of our internal ITFC bubble after a while.

I think we definitely looked a much better organised side, and more robust defensively which the results reflected. We weren't without our off days though and there were a few too many poor performances amongst the more encouraging ones for me, especially the way we finished the season. We'll always get those, and perhaps a little bit of that desire left us after our season effectively ended with a defeat to Cambridge. 6 points from the final 6 games was really disappointing though. As it turned out 6 wins out of 6 wouldn't have been enough as those above us demonstrated such incredible form, but we do need to find that level of steely professionalism to beat teams like Morecambe, Cambridge, Crewe, Shrewsbury.

KM's 17 games that preceded those final 6 were really encouraging though, and it's those that give me hope going in to next season, not sure it's league winning hope though. I personally don't care what the odds say or how they're calculated, having watched us this season I think we're some way off being considered consistent enough and ruthless enough to be league winners. I hope I'll be feeling more confident in a couple of months though, I would expect some exciting activity in the market over this pre season, especially in forward areas. We also need to be a little more forunate with injuries, it felt like Morsy and Evans barely got into their stride together without one of them being out.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We are favourites to win L1 on 10:12 - May 23 with 860 viewsJ2BLUE

We are favourites to win L1 on 09:45 - May 23 by Wallingford_Boy

LOL

MUCH better sides that us in this division next season, I would settle for play offs, but have my doubts on that even.

Oh look it's Poundland Chico.

Truly impaired.

We are favourites to win L1 on 11:26 - May 23 with 737 viewsWallingford_Boy

We are favourites to win L1 on 10:12 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Oh look it's Poundland Chico.

I have absolute no idea what that means.

But I am sure its very funny.

You just hoping for millions more spent and all will be fine I assume?

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024