Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Escaped all the premier league madness 20:34 - May 22 with 780 viewsFtnfwest

And went to the non league finals day. Although you couldn’t really escape it tbh.
Newport Parnell comfortably beat Littlehampton and we then had Bromley v Wrexham…
Completely neutral beforehand but then the national anthems came. Whilst the British anthem was screamed over and booed, the welsh one was reasonably well observed, so that made our mind up and we were pleasantly surprised by a good Bromley performance. It was very closely fought tbf, Bromley even brought Liam Trotter on with 25 to go. Poor old Ryan Reynolds and his mate went home disappointing chuckle.
Escaped all the premier league madness on 20:55 - May 22 with 713 viewsBiGDonnie

I was there too. And sat not too far from a guy wearing a Paul Mariner shirt.

Bromley played well and scored a great goal.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Escaped all the premier league madness on 21:00 - May 22 with 688 viewsFtnfwest

Escaped all the premier league madness on 20:55 - May 22 by BiGDonnie

I was there too. And sat not too far from a guy wearing a Paul Mariner shirt.

Bromley played well and scored a great goal.

We were in the club Wembley bit on the Wrexham side probably about 30 yards away from Reynolds, beckham and their mates. Always a good day out, about the 4th time I’ve been although missed the last two of course.
Escaped all the premier league madness on 22:21 - May 22 with 565 viewsfarkenhell

I grew up in Newport Pagnell, although moved away many years ago. I was there today. It feels like a very close second to the 78 final. Unbelievable Jeff!
Escaped all the premier league madness on 22:37 - May 22 with 542 viewsFtnfwest

Escaped all the premier league madness on 22:21 - May 22 by farkenhell

I grew up in Newport Pagnell, although moved away many years ago. I was there today. It feels like a very close second to the 78 final. Unbelievable Jeff!

They deserved it, were always stronger and fitter than littlehampton. I don’t know the respective divisions they’re in but littlehampton were not bad in footballing terms but didn’t have much luck, the injury and then hitting the post, but well beaten in the end.
The vase is the true non league cup after all
Escaped all the premier league madness on 22:56 - May 22 with 508 viewsfarkenhell

Escaped all the premier league madness on 22:37 - May 22 by Ftnfwest

They deserved it, were always stronger and fitter than littlehampton. I don’t know the respective divisions they’re in but littlehampton were not bad in footballing terms but didn’t have much luck, the injury and then hitting the post, but well beaten in the end.
The vase is the true non league cup after all

Both teams are at the same level, although it was generally felt that Littlehampton were favourites because they won their league comfortably (conversely Newport finished badly in theirs) and scored something like 140 goals. I don't watch much non-league football, but I was impressed with the quality of both sides. Helps if your team wins of course, but what an incredible atmosphere.
Escaped all the premier league madness on 23:00 - May 22 with 500 viewsfarkenhell

Btw, I've completely changed my mind about that papa johns thingy. If we do get to the final, I'll definitely be there. Pass up the chance to see your team win at Wembley? Don't be stupid!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024