Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
home and away attendance tables L1 00:02 - May 23 with 2921 viewsTexacoCup

makes for some interesting reading if you're into statistics
https://www.thefootballforum.net/threads/league-one-away-support-thread-20-21.5/
home and away attendance tables L1 on 00:10 - May 23 with 2861 viewsbournemouthblue

We are well supported at this level, not really a surprise is it

Pipping Sheffield Wednesday is amusing, there seems to be a little clutching at straws because we are ahead of them on home attendance average

I would agreed Wednesday are better supported and have a higher shelf for support potentially but what the stats will tell you is Ipswich are bigger than many will probably appreciate as a support base

And that's after years and years of stagnation too

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

home and away attendance tables L1 on 08:18 - May 23 with 2452 viewsVic

Interesting.

What struck me as I read that is that we have a higher average home attendance for midweek games than we do for Saturdays. The only club in Lg 1 that has this.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

home and away attendance tables L1 on 08:55 - May 23 with 2358 viewsBlueRaider

The real tribute to our away support is how far down the table the away attendances by other teams at Portman Road are. We have no short trips at all, at least 60 miles, and for most at least 100.

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

home and away attendance tables L1 on 09:05 - May 23 with 2321 viewsMaySixth

Thanks
Sunderland going up will hit a lot of clubs

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

home and away attendance tables L1 on 09:48 - May 23 with 2231 viewsHighgateBlue

home and away attendance tables L1 on 08:18 - May 23 by Vic

Interesting.

What struck me as I read that is that we have a higher average home attendance for midweek games than we do for Saturdays. The only club in Lg 1 that has this.

Yes I spotted that. We also keep setting records for iFollow, which is (officially) only a midweek thing. I can't think of a reason why Town fans would be more likely to go in person AND online midweek, but lose interest at the weekend. Is it to do with which teams we happened to play midweek? Has it been skewed by that Lincoln game which had a ticket promotion but got postponed and then happened midweek?

I'm scratching my head, I must say. It's quite an outlier of a stat, that.
home and away attendance tables L1 on 09:52 - May 23 with 2208 viewsSharkey

home and away attendance tables L1 on 08:55 - May 23 by BlueRaider

The real tribute to our away support is how far down the table the away attendances by other teams at Portman Road are. We have no short trips at all, at least 60 miles, and for most at least 100.

Very true, -( though I’m surprised if Cambridge is really 60 miles from Ipswich , and for a lot of fans it’s a very quick trip across a county border.)
home and away attendance tables L1 on 09:57 - May 23 with 2194 viewstextbackup

home and away attendance tables L1 on 09:48 - May 23 by HighgateBlue

Yes I spotted that. We also keep setting records for iFollow, which is (officially) only a midweek thing. I can't think of a reason why Town fans would be more likely to go in person AND online midweek, but lose interest at the weekend. Is it to do with which teams we happened to play midweek? Has it been skewed by that Lincoln game which had a ticket promotion but got postponed and then happened midweek?

Because at weekends people have other stuff to do… where as after work mid week you’re likely to just be sat at home pulling plums around

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

home and away attendance tables L1 on 12:20 - May 23 with 2005 viewsKievthegreat

home and away attendance tables L1 on 09:57 - May 23 by textbackup

Because at weekends people have other stuff to do… where as after work mid week you’re likely to just be sat at home pulling plums around

That doesn't work as an explanation though. If this was true, then we'd see it replicated across every/most clubs. As it is, it's only true of Ipswich.

I'm guessing its warped by a particularly well attended midweek game.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 12:22]
Login to get fewer ads

home and away attendance tables L1 on 13:20 - May 23 with 1875 viewslongtimefan

Not sure how accurate some of those figures might be. The home attendance list shows MK Dons highest home attendance as 9720 vs Morecambe, which is obviously incorrect.

Edit: Sorry. Looks like its highest home fan attendance not total attendance!
[Post edited 23 May 2022 13:24]
home and away attendance tables L1 on 15:00 - May 23 with 1659 viewsHighgateBlue

home and away attendance tables L1 on 09:57 - May 23 by textbackup

Are you saying that there is a peculiarly large amount to do at the weekend in Ipswich compared with the other towns with League One teams?

If not, I can't see how this is an explanation of how Ipswich is the only club for which this statistical anomaly is true.
home and away attendance tables L1 on 19:36 - May 23 with 1430 viewsJon_456

I very much doubt it’s anything other than the Wycombe and Lincoln games being midweek, both of which were included in the Christmas ticket promotion.

25k+ for both those games which probably skewed the figures.
home and away attendance tables L1 on 20:16 - May 23 with 1368 viewsDinDjarin

A lot of people still play football Saturdays and others support local teams so go mid week.
home and away attendance tables L1 on 20:33 - May 23 with 1332 viewsJ2BLUE

Tinpot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

home and away attendance tables L1 on 21:27 - May 23 with 1241 viewsArnieM

home and away attendance tables L1 on 00:10 - May 23 by bournemouthblue

We are well supported at this level, not really a surprise is it

Pipping Sheffield Wednesday is amusing, there seems to be a little clutching at straws because we are ahead of them on home attendance average

I would agreed Wednesday are better supported and have a higher shelf for support potentially but what the stats will tell you is Ipswich are bigger than many will probably appreciate as a support base

And that's after years and years of stagnation too

You’d expect SW to have better support wouldn’t you . Sheffield is 3 times the size of Ipswich . I know they have two clubs to “ service”, but there’s a lot of chimney pots in and around Sheffield. The other clubs in the area are generally partisan to their own club ie Bradford, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Chesterfield. I’d say only Leeds are more likely to have support within these other towns .

Having lived in Sheffield for some years , I was amazed at how unbiased the media coverage of all the clubs is …. None of this About Anglia, BBC Look East utter biased s h I t ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024