Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KVY @ LWB (n/t) 08:57 - May 23 with 1593 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:12 - May 23 with 1536 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Left footer @ LWB

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:14 - May 23 with 1527 viewsOwainG1992

Not for me.
We need to be aiming for a higher standard than that.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:16 - May 23 with 1496 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tried it a few times last season. Didn’t work.

He’s good back up for Burns.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:22 - May 23 with 1463 viewsJ2BLUE

Our fans were desperate for round pegs in round holes for ages and now we have the financial backing to go and get a good player in every position people have started wanting to shoehorn random players in the team in positions that don't fit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:24 - May 23 with 1457 viewsBiGDonnie

Alvaro Fernandez @ LWB

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:43 - May 23 with 1379 viewsBlueBlood90

I don't see a reason to do that. We can afford to sign a natural left back these days and Penney is more than good enough to be second choice.

KVY can't be relied upon to be a first team regular fitness wise either.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:46 - May 23 with 1366 viewsGarv

KVY's got some great attributes but he wasn't good enough to play right back or the Burns role, so why do people think he'll be good enough to do it on his weaker side?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 10:15 - May 23 with 1284 viewsRegencyBlue

He’s lost a yard of pace since the injury and, frankly, we need better if we are serious about promotion.
Login to get fewer ads

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 10:18 - May 23 with 1271 viewsBig_Jase

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:46 - May 23 by Garv

KVY's got some great attributes but he wasn't good enough to play right back or the Burns role, so why do people think he'll be good enough to do it on his weaker side?

People still seem to think he’s the same player he was when we signed him. He’s nowhere near that player anymore since his injuries. If we can get him off the wage bill and have a non-injury probe back up to Burns surely that’s a much better option.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 10:22 - May 23 with 1237 viewsGarv

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 10:18 - May 23 by Big_Jase

People still seem to think he’s the same player he was when we signed him. He’s nowhere near that player anymore since his injuries. If we can get him off the wage bill and have a non-injury probe back up to Burns surely that’s a much better option.

I'd keep him 100% providing he can prove his fitness. No guarantee we play the same formation next year and if we moved to a back four he'd be strongly challenging Donacien for a spot.

He looked sharp against Charlton in fairness, putting a tap in on a plate for Morsy.

But he's not a left back and you might be right in saying he's slightly overrated by some these days.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 10:24 - May 23 with 1226 viewsclive_baker

I think given his versatility he's a perfect squad player / sub. Can cover both sides in the event of injury and could well end up playing 15 odd games next season which would be fine, especially if he can regain his form of old. I really like him as a player and a bloke, very level headed and smart thinker.

But I would prefer to see a #1 LWB recruited this summer. Penney is as weak as p1ss, he isn't the answer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 11:21 - May 23 with 1072 viewsmarkchips

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 10:24 - May 23 by clive_baker

I think given his versatility he's a perfect squad player / sub. Can cover both sides in the event of injury and could well end up playing 15 odd games next season which would be fine, especially if he can regain his form of old. I really like him as a player and a bloke, very level headed and smart thinker.

But I would prefer to see a #1 LWB recruited this summer. Penney is as weak as p1ss, he isn't the answer.

We need better and can afford it.

Round pegs in round holes. Penney can do one as far as I concerned. Far too much of a fairy for League three.
KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 11:28 - May 23 with 1044 viewsitfcsuth

I still want Dominic Thompson personally.

At 21 years old, if a permanent deal can be struck I think he'd be a good addition.

He still has lot of development within him, was a key part in a substantial run of clean sheets and defensive structure whilst here.

Consistency and continuity in what was a largely really solid defensive unit during KM time so far, and Thompson was a key part of that.
KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 11:33 - May 23 with 1033 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 11:28 - May 23 by itfcsuth

I still want Dominic Thompson personally.

At 21 years old, if a permanent deal can be struck I think he'd be a good addition.

He still has lot of development within him, was a key part in a substantial run of clean sheets and defensive structure whilst here.

Consistency and continuity in what was a largely really solid defensive unit during KM time so far, and Thompson was a key part of that.

I'm not sure, towards the end of his spell i wasn't completely convinced by his defending either, wasn't good at stopping crosses, very slow, didnt provide anything going forward really.

That LWB spot is so crucial, we need to be as good there, or close to being as good there as we are at RWB. If not, it looked like last season that if a team stops Burns, we struggle.

Nicky Cadden for me seems to be the best option if possible.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 11:34 - May 23 with 1030 viewsChrisd

KVY was recognised as one of our better players this time last year, now he's tumbled down the pecking order, amazing what 12 months can do. I do understand what you're suggesting, it's clearly a position we need to improve in, but we need a left footed LB/LWB to provide that natural balance. Throw in the fact that KVY's injury record hasn't been great the last couple of seasons either. A tough ask, but we need someone with the same qualities as Burns, but on that left hand side - easy, problem solved! ;)

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 12:31 - May 23 with 951 viewsParky

Matty Sorinola @ LWB.
KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 12:38 - May 23 with 928 viewsitfcsuth

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 11:33 - May 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I'm not sure, towards the end of his spell i wasn't completely convinced by his defending either, wasn't good at stopping crosses, very slow, didnt provide anything going forward really.

That LWB spot is so crucial, we need to be as good there, or close to being as good there as we are at RWB. If not, it looked like last season that if a team stops Burns, we struggle.

Nicky Cadden for me seems to be the best option if possible.

I agree his final couple of games, but only 2 or 3 he looked in poor form, but that cannot detract from the fact he was very important as part of the defensive unit during the clean sheets and solid defensive work for by which we conceded 1 goal in 9 games at one point, that is just outstanding numbers - and DT played every game in that run I believe.

Nicky Cadden was the other name I mentioned last week - but he is a very attacking LWB, and you wonder what the balance of the back line would be like with both Burns and Cadden so high up the pitch.

I do think Thompson adds good solidity and balance to the defensive unit.
KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 16:18 - May 23 with 708 viewsmkbobby

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 09:24 - May 23 by BiGDonnie

Alvaro Fernandez @ LWB

Hoping this is a realistic loan deal better than what we have at the club for this position and perfect for McKenna to mould into a exciting player
KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 16:22 - May 23 with 697 viewschicoazul

Amazed some people still think this is the same player we bought 3 years ago.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 16:23 - May 23 with 692 viewschicoazul

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 10:24 - May 23 by clive_baker

Aaron Cresswell.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

KVY @ LWB (n/t) on 20:46 - May 23 with 559 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Salford's left back last season was pretty good, apparently...

Ndaba, Morris and Tete on Target 7th May 2022 21:33
Corrie Ndaba was on target in his final game for loan side Salford City, while Ben Morris netted for his Swedish loan club GAIS and Tete Yengi scored for Finnish side VPS. 6

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024