Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? 10:10 - May 23 with 2803 viewsBlueBlood90

It's really surprised me how utterly dreadful they've been this season.

They've always seemed to bounce back once relegated but surely they're due for a period of turbulence and regression now. Most of their players look uninterested and some of them don't even look Championship level.

Our hopes and trajectory looks more promising than theirs at present.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 10:13 - May 23 with 2461 viewsJ2BLUE

Let's hope so. They always seem to find a way but hopefully their purple patch is over.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 10:27 - May 23 with 2386 viewsSomethingBlue

This feels a bit different to some of (!) their previous relegations — even last time around, when their points return was about the same, they had a clear style of play that was immediately transferable to a promotion tilt. Things were also fairly harmonious behind the scenes. Now it's all a bit of a mish mash — their recruitment was abysmal; nobody, including the fans, ever really gave it a go this season; Webber probably isn't hanging around much longer.

That said — like it or not, their entire structure is still many years ahead of ours and they have some very good young players looking to step up, as well as a decent financial cushion to attract new ones with. If they get things even halfway in order they' should push very strongly again next year.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 10:44 - May 23 with 2304 viewsRegencyBlue

It does potentially seem different this time.

They spent a lot for them but recruited very badly. There are also rumblings of discontent with the Chief Executive who apparently is more interested in climbing mountains than running the club!

Their model has been very successful for them for a while but not sure it’s sustainable long term.
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 10:48 - May 23 with 2260 viewstractorboy1978

There is a decreasing level of strength in the Championship though with most of the clubs still struggling to recover from the financial issues brought by COVID. Burnley will also be in bother. By default, I think Norwich and Watford are going to be forces again, despite both being absolutely garbage this season and both being in a bit of a mess in differing ways.
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 10:51 - May 23 with 2250 viewsSomethingBlue

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 10:48 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

There is a decreasing level of strength in the Championship though with most of the clubs still struggling to recover from the financial issues brought by COVID. Burnley will also be in bother. By default, I think Norwich and Watford are going to be forces again, despite both being absolutely garbage this season and both being in a bit of a mess in differing ways.

Another reason for us to get up quickly before that starts levelling out again, because with our resources we would be entitled to think a crack at successive promotions — or at least a challenge to set us up for that — is possible. Next season is vital.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:00 - May 23 with 2201 viewsChondzoresk

With any luck, they will plummet down and we will pass them on our way up… well here’s hoping.
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:01 - May 23 with 2195 viewswkj

I doubt it, their board know what they're doing. They're playing the yo-yo game.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:24 - May 23 with 2076 viewsFrankMarshall

They'll (most likely) be top two next season. If we are lucky they'll end up 3rd or 4th and lose in the play-offs.

Frank Marshall

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:27 - May 23 with 2057 viewsgiant_stow

I'm pessimistic for the reasons you mention, but am told by friends that I always am when we go down, so who knows.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:32 - May 23 with 1998 viewsParisBlue

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 10:51 - May 23 by SomethingBlue

Another reason for us to get up quickly before that starts levelling out again, because with our resources we would be entitled to think a crack at successive promotions — or at least a challenge to set us up for that — is possible. Next season is vital.

Indeed. Covid hit the Championship hard. With parachute payments giving such an obvious advantage clubs are yo-yoing, meaning in addition to the 3 relegated teams only Sheff Utd, West Brom and Huddersfield will be in receipt of them next year. Huddersfield used the money to pay back their previous owner so it's not been used on the playing side.

Seeing the likes of Luton, Huddersfield (and last year Barnsley) get into the playoffs on moderate budgets suggests well coached teams in years 2-3 of a plan can be successful. It wouldn't surprise me to see Sunderland have a decent season next year. If we could start getting into the habit of actually winning football matches and getting out of this division I could see us being competitive.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:37 - May 23 with 1981 viewsParisBlue

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 10:48 - May 23 by tractorboy1978

Sheffield United as well, plus Forest if they don't go up next weekend.

West Brom in last year of their parachute payments look to be in a mess. Of the rest Swansea could do OK, maybe Sunderland.

I miss the Championship, its a great league, albeit ruthless.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:40 - May 23 with 1962 viewsJackSted

2 years ago they literally finished bottom of the Prem and 14 points from safety.

So yeah, I think they'll go straight back up

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:40 - May 23 with 1959 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

The gap between the Premier League and the Championship is huge.

The main competition next season will come from Burnley and Watford. Sheffield Utd also look strong as do the two finalists in the play-offs.

Anything other than a top six spot next season is totally unacceptable. If Norwich do poorly, that means the play-offs. The club will fully expect promotion next season.

However, this squad does need to invest a bit to ensure promotion.
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:49 - May 23 with 1916 viewsemergencylime

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:01 - May 23 by wkj

I doubt it, their board know what they're doing. They're playing the yo-yo game.

Ya...if the reward-for-failure parachute payments are still a thing, then that is their gameplan and it has worked for them for years.
I think Rotherham must be playing that game too, albeit with TV money etc. (rather than parachutes) that is much better in the Champ than L1.
I do miss the Champ, but L1 does seem to allow abject performances to fly under the radar from a neutral/outsider perspective.
Be interesting to see if ITV gives the same L1/2 coverage as Quest did. I'll have to get a VPN now though (Quest was unrestricted in Ireland).

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:03 - May 23 with 1856 viewsElephantintheRoom

Wishful thinking on a couple of counts. Our trajectory is slightly in reverse in the third division despite borrowing loads of money. There’s is one of the better funded clubs a division higher up and in control of their own destiny Both are essentially where they were a couple of years ago - if anything Town’s current plight is slightly more desperate than it was under Evans .

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:11 - May 23 with 1818 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:03 - May 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Wishful thinking on a couple of counts. Our trajectory is slightly in reverse in the third division despite borrowing loads of money. There’s is one of the better funded clubs a division higher up and in control of their own destiny Both are essentially where they were a couple of years ago - if anything Town’s current plight is slightly more desperate than it was under Evans .

Desperate in what way? Surely things have improved with the sale?
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:15 - May 23 with 1792 viewsChrisd

Like all of us I've got my fingers crossed, however I'm sure that we've said this the last few times they've been relegated from the EPL, but they've bounced straight back. Things do appears a little fractured on and off the pitch, but they've shown in the past that they shouldn't be written off.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:43 - May 23 with 1668 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:11 - May 23 by TonyHumesIpswich

Desperate in what way? Surely things have improved with the sale?

There is a reason that the well known phrase is:

"Everyone is ignoring the Elephant in the room".

Norwich troll, but quite switched on on non-football topics.
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:45 - May 23 with 1654 viewsThatMuhrenCross

It does look fairly ominous for them, but with the utterly preposterous parachute payments they'll be receiving, you can't rule them out for promotion next season. I think if they have another dismal campaign and find themselves languishing in mid-table, then surely the writing will be on the wall. They'll have no choice but to sell all their key assets and before you know it, the parachute payments will have dried up. They could drop like a stone at that point.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 13:08 - May 23 with 1524 viewsIllinoisblue

This does feel different and their fans seem more disillusioned than in some time. But it won’t be a surprise to see them sitting top at xmas and riding yet another wave of promotion. Because they are bastards.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 13:16 - May 23 with 1487 viewswaveneyblue

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:03 - May 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Yeah, you've read the mood around the club perfectly - Its one of utter desperation

Are you actually real or a really tiresome "comedy" creation ?
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 15:42 - May 23 with 1170 viewsBlueBadger

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 11:01 - May 23 by wkj

Or as choose to call it 'eternal participation'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 15:54 - May 23 with 1144 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 12:43 - May 23 by ArnoldMoorhen

There is a reason that the well known phrase is:

"Everyone is ignoring the Elephant in the room".

Norwich troll, but quite switched on on non-football topics.

He cuts himself everyday such is his edginess

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 16:06 - May 23 with 1120 viewsChurchman

Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 13:16 - May 23 by waveneyblue

Yeah, you've read the mood around the club perfectly - Its one of utter desperation

Are you actually real or a really tiresome "comedy" creation ?

Don’t see much comedy about the elephant creation. Just a negative, miserable, unpleasant heap of hatred with nothing worthwhile to say.
Norwich - Has their bubble finally burst? on 16:13 - May 23 with 1094 viewsPowrigan

We say that their bubble has burst every time they go down. But they always seem to go straight back up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024