Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley 10:20 - May 23 with 1828 viewsMookamoo

Wouldn't want to be a Burnley supporter at the mo. They're going to do a Derby and just spiral.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-premier-league-relegation-owners-take

Too close to Manchester as well. Went to a couple of games up there a few years back and there are more Man City and Man Utd shirts in the town centre before kickoff than home shirts.
Burnley on 10:29 - May 23 with 1738 viewshype313

They could quite conceivably do a Bolton

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Burnley on 13:53 - May 23 with 1414 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Burnley on 10:29 - May 23 by hype313

They could quite conceivably do a Bolton

Bad news is they are unlikely to be challenging at the top and therefore occupying a space Nodge may have their eyes on.

Would have preferred Dirty Leeds to go down for a number of reasons, including the liklihood they would do a Newcastle and keep Nodge at bay

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Burnley on 13:59 - May 23 with 1377 viewsJ2BLUE

Burnley on 13:53 - May 23 by BlueyandCrazy

Bad news is they are unlikely to be challenging at the top and therefore occupying a space Nodge may have their eyes on.

Would have preferred Dirty Leeds to go down for a number of reasons, including the liklihood they would do a Newcastle and keep Nodge at bay

Agree, as much as I don't want Huddersfield in the Prem it would leave a strong Forest team down there to take a spot next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Burnley on 14:10 - May 23 with 1308 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Burnley on 13:59 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Agree, as much as I don't want Huddersfield in the Prem it would leave a strong Forest team down there to take a spot next season.

That's the issue ...... no stand outs for automatic next season, so you can see Nodge getting lucky again

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Burnley on 14:20 - May 23 with 1263 viewsjayessess

Might also compel their owners to throw good money after bad though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Burnley on 15:02 - May 23 with 1111 viewsCotty

The article appears to have been written by Sean Dyche, so take it with a pinch of salt

Burnley on 15:12 - May 23 with 1054 viewstractordownsouth

I remember when they were sold to the new owners it was for a ludicrous sum of money, especially considering a club of their size would inevitably get relegated at some point, so not a surprise.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Burnley on 15:13 - May 23 with 1049 viewstractordownsouth

Burnley on 13:59 - May 23 by J2BLUE

Without having looked at the other promotion contenders in depth, Forest won't have Spence next year and I imagine Johnson would be sold too.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley on 15:15 - May 23 with 1043 viewswkj

The financials behind Burnley's takeover were scandalous at best - in short seemed like they ended up paying to be taken over. I fear this could be a very tumultuous time for Burnley, and maybe even one where they do a double drop.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Burnley on 15:56 - May 23 with 910 viewsChurchman

Burnley on 15:15 - May 23 by wkj

The financials behind Burnley's takeover were scandalous at best - in short seemed like they ended up paying to be taken over. I fear this could be a very tumultuous time for Burnley, and maybe even one where they do a double drop.

The situation is ridiculous and I don’t understand how it’s been allowed to happen. According to the attached Guardian article published Feb 2021:

‘for the year to 30 June 2019, stated that it had no borrowings at all, and £42m in the bank. That makes it difficult not to conclude that just to pay for ALK to take over, the club is now approximately £90m worse off, with interest to pay.’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/02/burnley-us-takeover-has-left-cl

They could actually go bust, though as a famous old club I think that very unlikely. I can see them falling down the divisions though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024