Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scottish Play offs for the Premier League 10:31 - May 24 with 1194 viewsGlasgowBlue

The winner of the Championship play offs don't automatically go into the Premier League. They have to play the team that came second bottom in the Premier League.

Would this work in England. So this season Burnley would get to play off against the winners of the Forest v Huddersfield game.

Or is it weighted too much in favour of the Premier League team?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 10:41 - May 24 with 1140 viewsGarv

Makes no sense to me.

Burnley have been turd all year, they deserve to be relegated. Forest and Huddersfield have been good and managed to get in the top six, one of them deserves to go up.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 10:44 - May 24 with 1128 viewschicoazul

Isn’t that how our play offs worked years ago? Didn’t we play Charlton on that basis in the mid 80s..?? Or am I deranged

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 10:50 - May 24 with 1103 viewsFunge

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 10:44 - May 24 by chicoazul

Isn’t that how our play offs worked years ago? Didn’t we play Charlton on that basis in the mid 80s..?? Or am I deranged

Yep, think this was 86/87 season.

Paul Cooper saved a pen in the 0-0 home leg, they did us 2-1 away at Selhurst (Valley was abandoned at the time)
Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 10:57 - May 24 with 1088 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course. I'd forgotten about that.

Although it was slightly different as one Prem league team would play off against a championship team and the winner would then play a final against the winners of a play off between two championship teams. All very confusing.

Iron Lion Zion

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 12:14 - May 24 with 958 viewsTractorCam

Germany do similar, but it's just a case of 3rd bottom v 3rd top, no other play offs for 4th to 6th.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 12:15 - May 24 with 950 viewsBlue_Order

Germany is similar - bottom two teams in the Bundesliga go down, top two in Bundesliga 2 go up, then 16th and 3rd play each other in a 2-legged playoff.

HSV lost to Hertha Berlin last night, so Berlin stay up, and Hamburg stay down.
Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 12:25 - May 24 with 911 viewsellaandred

And no running on the pitch. Allowed the players and manger to do a proper lap of appreciation.
Great atmosphere as well.
Well played Scotland.
Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 12:26 - May 24 with 908 viewsITFC_Forever

Too big a gap between the Prem and Champ for it to work.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 12:41 - May 24 with 872 viewsclive_baker

I quite like the straight 3 up, 3 down. Just adds another (large) hurdle for a side to progress up the leagues. Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing it as an addition to the 3 up, 3 down. So top 3 up automatically in place of bottom 3, 4-7 in the p/offs who then play 4th bottom. Forest v Leeds at Wembley would be tasty.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 12:46 - May 24 with 846 viewsChrisd

I was thinking the same.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 14:25 - May 24 with 701 viewsTJS

I was always under the impression that this format was shelved in the late 1980's due to the sheer volatility of a game where a second division team could relegate a first division team and all the potential violence that could surround it.
Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 16:30 - May 24 with 634 viewsGlasgowBlue

Scottish Play offs for the Premier League on 14:25 - May 24 by TJS

I was always under the impression that this format was shelved in the late 1980's due to the sheer volatility of a game where a second division team could relegate a first division team and all the potential violence that could surround it.

Yeah but things are different these days.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024