Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£66 a month extra on energy bills come October 18:30 - May 24 with 3196 viewsgtsb1966

For the average household. Just in time for winter. This must be worrying the hell out of some people. I've told my daughter to keep the heating on in the winter especially for my grandson and I'll pay the extra but for the people who can't do this it's heartbreaking. Some will have to choose to either be cold or hungry but some will have to be both. Frightening. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61562657
[Post edited 24 May 2022 18:31]
£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:34 - May 24 with 2448 viewswkj

It will be interesting to see how people respond to this. This very well could be a "people power" moment in our history. Maybe not like the poll tax riots, but it certainly feels like discontent is brewing... which is handy as we all know the tea wont be this winter.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:36 - May 24 with 2429 viewsgtsb1966

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:34 - May 24 by wkj

It will be interesting to see how people respond to this. This very well could be a "people power" moment in our history. Maybe not like the poll tax riots, but it certainly feels like discontent is brewing... which is handy as we all know the tea wont be this winter.

I cannot imagine being a parent and having to watch your children cold and hungry. It's heartbreaking. I can see a people power moment too.
£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 18:37 - May 24 with 2413 viewsjaykay

lets see if some tory comes up with how to heat your home on 30p a day

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 18:41 - May 24 with 2402 viewswkj

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 18:37 - May 24 by jaykay

We all know they will have something magical in their 2024 manifesto, something they could do now, but wont.

Crybaby

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 18:50 - May 24 with 2345 viewsclive_baker

Heat or eat, it’s a very real choice for a lot of people. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 19:01 - May 24 with 2292 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I unerstand that someone has set up a company to source blankets, jumpers, woolly hats and gloves in anticipation of a lucrative government contract (awarded after no tender, naturally). Company registered as Hunter-Bunters Unders Ltd

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 19:01 - May 24 with 2294 viewsMullet

I'm seeing a lot more kids with shoes and uniform in tatters. We also do charity drives and donations have been way down this past few weeks.

All anecdotal and maybe spurred on by fear of going without, however, this attitude of if you're poor in a rich nation like ours you deserve it really needs to die.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 19:36 - May 24 with 2107 viewshomer_123

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 19:01 - May 24 by Mullet

I'm seeing a lot more kids with shoes and uniform in tatters. We also do charity drives and donations have been way down this past few weeks.

All anecdotal and maybe spurred on by fear of going without, however, this attitude of if you're poor in a rich nation like ours you deserve it really needs to die.

When the NHS are organising food banks for its own staff you know we are in the proverbial.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/22/hospitals-set-up-food-banks-for-nhs-staff-who-can

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 19:36 - May 24 with 2106 viewshomer_123

Something about work harder or find a job?

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 20:00 - May 24 with 2027 viewsJ2BLUE

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 19:36 - May 24 by homer_123

When the NHS are organising food banks for its own staff you know we are in the proverbial.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/22/hospitals-set-up-food-banks-for-nhs-staff-who-can

But people clapped. Does that mean nothing?

The government betrayed NHS workers. If people really care about the NHS then never vote Tory again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 20:08 - May 24 with 1993 viewsJakeITFC

Market sentiment seems to suggest a widespread windfall tax could be imminent in the energy sector - if the billions of pounds the treasury claims here isn’t used to directly help people in need then there should be riots.
£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 20:14 - May 24 with 1968 viewshomer_123

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 20:00 - May 24 by J2BLUE

But people clapped. Does that mean nothing?

The government betrayed NHS workers. If people really care about the NHS then never vote Tory again.

You'd think that they never get in again...full stop. Self serving, loathsome, unethical, lying, scumbags.

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 20:46 - May 24 with 1886 viewsgtsb1966

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 18:50 - May 24 by clive_baker

Heat or eat, it’s a very real choice for a lot of people. Absolutely heartbreaking.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-61550159
£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 21:18 - May 24 with 1804 viewsChurchman

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 18:41 - May 24 by wkj

We all know they will have something magical in their 2024 manifesto, something they could do now, but wont.

I suspect they’ll promise the moon on a stick and if people are mad enough to vote for them, they’ll just renege on it. Telling lies and bluffing your way through it has been policy for years.

The multi millionaires in government couldn’t give a hoot. If the Fortnums hamper isn’t up to scratch, get another. An ill relation, put them in the west wing with a nurse and the family doctor.

The plebs? They deserve to be poor, cold and hungry. It’ll encourage them to get on their bike, get a second job, work harder and stop eating ready meals. Rules? For the scum.

It’s totally unacceptable. Not a clue apart from filling their boots. Out of touch, malicious, cruel, incompetent and hopefully soon to be out of office.

Rant over.

Edit: the one chance the tories had of rescuing anything from the last couple of years was to ditch BJ when it was clear what he’d done with this or any other of the mess ups since 2019. But they didn’t even have the guts to do that. Snow job, bluff it, lie, hope for the best. They’re finished.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 21:27]
£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 16:25 - May 25 with 1405 viewsPinewoodblue

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 21:18 - May 24 by Churchman

I suspect they’ll promise the moon on a stick and if people are mad enough to vote for them, they’ll just renege on it. Telling lies and bluffing your way through it has been policy for years.

The multi millionaires in government couldn’t give a hoot. If the Fortnums hamper isn’t up to scratch, get another. An ill relation, put them in the west wing with a nurse and the family doctor.

The plebs? They deserve to be poor, cold and hungry. It’ll encourage them to get on their bike, get a second job, work harder and stop eating ready meals. Rules? For the scum.

It’s totally unacceptable. Not a clue apart from filling their boots. Out of touch, malicious, cruel, incompetent and hopefully soon to be out of office.

Rant over.

Edit: the one chance the tories had of rescuing anything from the last couple of years was to ditch BJ when it was clear what he’d done with this or any other of the mess ups since 2019. But they didn’t even have the guts to do that. Snow job, bluff it, lie, hope for the best. They’re finished.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 21:27]

Reminding the electorate how the Tories have fouled up isn’t sufficient. Labour has to convince people how Labour will do a better job.

For example keeping quiet about upcoming strikes planned by Unions who have made large donations to Labour isn’t going to sway voters.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 16:31 - May 25 with 1395 viewsChurchman

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 16:25 - May 25 by Pinewoodblue

Reminding the electorate how the Tories have fouled up isn’t sufficient. Labour has to convince people how Labour will do a better job.

For example keeping quiet about upcoming strikes planned by Unions who have made large donations to Labour isn’t going to sway voters.

I agree with the cliche that Governments lose elections, the opposition doesn’t win them. All Starmer has to do is wave Johnson’s disasters and lies at the electorate and keep quiet.

When Thatcher got elected in 79, it wasn’t about her policies, it was all about the ‘Labour isn’t working’ poster, a run down country with the dead unburied, unemployment, inflation, strikes and rubbish piled high in the streets.
£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 17:00 - May 25 with 1359 viewsHARRY10

£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 19:01 - May 24 by You_Bloo_Right

I unerstand that someone has set up a company to source blankets, jumpers, woolly hats and gloves in anticipation of a lucrative government contract (awarded after no tender, naturally). Company registered as Hunter-Bunters Unders Ltd

If it is a Tory contract they will no doubt be made from recycled paper
£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 17:07 - May 25 with 1348 viewschicoazul

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:34 - May 24 by wkj

Short of printing money & creating more inflation there is very little the government can do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 17:13 - May 25 with 1334 viewswkj

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 17:07 - May 25 by chicoazul

Short of printing money & creating more inflation there is very little the government can do.

We'll see in 2024

Crybaby

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 17:20 - May 25 with 1318 viewsZx1988

Far from it.

The government could introduce a suitably hefty windfall tax, properly policed, and use the proceeds from it to fund either a tax cut or an increase in state benefits (or any other suitable measure) which would keep more money in the pockets of those who need the most help with living costs.

Hell, the government could look at any number of ways of increasing tax receipts through making sure that those who make obscene amounts of money make appropriate contributions to the national purse.

Problem is, anything like that would run the risk of p!ssing off their core voter/donor base.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 17:25 - May 25 with 1307 viewschicoazul

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 17:20 - May 25 by Zx1988

Far from it.

The government could introduce a suitably hefty windfall tax, properly policed, and use the proceeds from it to fund either a tax cut or an increase in state benefits (or any other suitable measure) which would keep more money in the pockets of those who need the most help with living costs.

Hell, the government could look at any number of ways of increasing tax receipts through making sure that those who make obscene amounts of money make appropriate contributions to the national purse.

Problem is, anything like that would run the risk of p!ssing off their core voter/donor base.

Even the most optimistic politically one eyed prediction think that will work out about £300 per household.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:01 - May 25 with 1251 viewsHARRY10

That is incredibly stupid, even for you

The Tory years of quantitive easing never caused inflation, the furlough money to bail out businesses never caused inflation

EU countries which are actually taking these measures, to help their citizens are not bleating about inflation

Which neatly sums up this country.

Too many spineless cap doffers all too ready to squeak out their betters words, however absurd.
£66 a month extra on energy bills come October on 18:06 - May 25 with 1243 viewsDanTheMan

I'm in a similar situation where this is more frustrating than it is a genuine worry for me, but I do have genuine worries about how parts of my family will deal with this.

And of course many families across the UK who are in similar situations.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:38 - May 25 with 1188 viewschicoazul

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:01 - May 25 by HARRY10

That is incredibly stupid, even for you

The Tory years of quantitive easing never caused inflation, the furlough money to bail out businesses never caused inflation

EU countries which are actually taking these measures, to help their citizens are not bleating about inflation

Which neatly sums up this country.

Too many spineless cap doffers all too ready to squeak out their betters words, however absurd.

Which countries do you mean Harold? Inflation is 8% in the EU. And even you have the sense to see things, one thing in particular, are slightly different now from the QE years and the furlough years.

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:45 - May 25 with 1173 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

£66 a month extra on fuel come October on 18:38 - May 25 by chicoazul

Which countries do you mean Harold? Inflation is 8% in the EU. And even you have the sense to see things, one thing in particular, are slightly different now from the QE years and the furlough years.

Countries? France 4.8%. Italy 6%. Ireland 7% Germany 7.4%.

What is this country "EU" Chico?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024