Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this 19:34 - May 24 with 2348 viewshomer_123

Especially the second goal.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:11 - May 24 with 2264 viewsMattinLondon

Do you think that if Le Tissier was around now he would have more England caps? Personally I think he would. Can’t believe donkeys like David Batty and Carlton Palmer won more caps than him.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:16 - May 24 with 2244 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:11 - May 24 by MattinLondon

Do you think that if Le Tissier was around now he would have more England caps? Personally I think he would. Can’t believe donkeys like David Batty and Carlton Palmer won more caps than him.

Yeah 100% you'd build teams around him now wouldn't you?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:32 - May 24 with 2205 viewsMattinLondon

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:16 - May 24 by BlueandTruesince82

Yeah 100% you'd build teams around him now wouldn't you?

Totally agree. Le Tissier would probably be judged on what he can do rather than what he couldn’t do. Which is what happened to him in his prime.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:39 - May 24 with 2180 viewsArnieM

Could watch those goals all night - classy …, and to think Saints also had a certain young Alan Shearer too ! He took us apart in an FA Cup gsme down at the Dell I remember .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:45 - May 24 with 2151 viewsclive_baker

Can't believe people still believe this. Those knobs in yellow were actors.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 21:07 - May 24 with 2113 viewsMattinLondon

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:45 - May 24 by clive_baker

Can't believe people still believe this. Those knobs in yellow were actors.

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 21:35 - May 24 with 2067 viewsjacko77

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 20:11 - May 24 by MattinLondon

I watched a podcast he did with James English recently,he said he turned down the chance to go to spurs and Chelsea,he admitted it ruined his chances with England.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 21:36 - May 24 with 2059 viewsfarkenhell

The third was pretty special as well.
Login to get fewer ads

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 22:35 - May 24 with 1959 viewsChrisd

He made the difficult look so effortless and he did it time and again for Southampton.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 22:47 - May 24 with 1938 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure he'd get anywhere near these days, not athletic enough. Think the game has moved on from the mid-nineties.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 22:59 - May 24 with 1904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 22:47 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

Not sure he'd get anywhere near these days, not athletic enough. Think the game has moved on from the mid-nineties.

But then again, the players would have completely different regimes in order to be fit so he wouldn't be in the same shape.

It was very interesting reading in Mariner's book about how the experts at Cambridge helping him recover from his hamstring injuries got him fitter than ever. He said that looking back he regretted not sticking to their fitness programme afterwards as it would have extended his career.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 00:49 - May 25 with 1829 viewsStNeotsBlue

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 22:47 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

My mate's brother played with him at Southampton. Le Tissier was on a different level to everyone else, his delivery was pin point. He wasn't lazy but was that good he didn't need to tear around the grass, as you say though different times, but I still think he'd succeed in the present day.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 07:45 - May 25 with 1683 viewsBluefields

They played in totally different positions and btw Batty was a brilliant player who would be in the England squad now. I dont remember a huge clamour at the time for LeTissier to be involved more. Palmer wasnt the best though but still a decent top flight player.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:24 - May 25 with 1570 viewsPhilTWTD

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 22:59 - May 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

But then again, the players would have completely different regimes in order to be fit so he wouldn't be in the same shape.

It was very interesting reading in Mariner's book about how the experts at Cambridge helping him recover from his hamstring injuries got him fitter than ever. He said that looking back he regretted not sticking to their fitness programme afterwards as it would have extended his career.

It's not about fitness, but about the ability to get about the pitch. Just think these days more is demanded of players. Le Tissier was obviously very talented but it was that side of things which meant he rarely played for England in his own day - and had spells out of the Southampton team under some managers - so I think he would struggle to get near in this era.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:25 - May 25 with 1562 viewsfarkenhell

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 07:45 - May 25 by Bluefields

They played in totally different positions and btw Batty was a brilliant player who would be in the England squad now. I dont remember a huge clamour at the time for LeTissier to be involved more. Palmer wasnt the best though but still a decent top flight player.

I remember a general consensus that he would have received more England caps if he had played for a "big club" (even though Southampton were consistently in the top flight). There was certainly a huge clamour along the South Coast for him to be involved with England much more.

I'm sorry, but the likes of Batty and Palmer were nowhere near the same level of ability as Le Tissier.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:26 - May 25 with 1560 viewsPhilTWTD

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 00:49 - May 25 by StNeotsBlue

My mate's brother played with him at Southampton. Le Tissier was on a different level to everyone else, his delivery was pin point. He wasn't lazy but was that good he didn't need to tear around the grass, as you say though different times, but I still think he'd succeed in the present day.

It's obviously difficult to say for certain and he was evidently very talented but with some aspects of his game lacking.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:29 - May 25 with 1545 viewsCotty

A unique and beautiful talent. Shame it has been tainted since.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:29 - May 25 with 1545 viewshype313

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:24 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

It's not about fitness, but about the ability to get about the pitch. Just think these days more is demanded of players. Le Tissier was obviously very talented but it was that side of things which meant he rarely played for England in his own day - and had spells out of the Southampton team under some managers - so I think he would struggle to get near in this era.

Indeed, the demands of a player now are so vast, even Ronaldo gets pelters for not tracking back.

Le Tissier just wouldn't have that freedom these days like he did back in the 90's.

Fabulous player though.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:31 - May 25 with 1544 viewsBluefields

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:25 - May 25 by farkenhell

I remember a general consensus that he would have received more England caps if he had played for a "big club" (even though Southampton were consistently in the top flight). There was certainly a huge clamour along the South Coast for him to be involved with England much more.

I'm sorry, but the likes of Batty and Palmer were nowhere near the same level of ability as Le Tissier.

Different players and never on the same level technically but Batty was not a donkey, he was a superb footballer.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:34 - May 25 with 1531 viewsPhilTWTD

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:29 - May 25 by hype313

Indeed, the demands of a player now are so vast, even Ronaldo gets pelters for not tracking back.

Le Tissier just wouldn't have that freedom these days like he did back in the 90's.

Fabulous player though.

Of course, some of the best goals of that era. As well as that corner flag incident at Portman Road. Shame he's sullied his reputation with all the nonsense he's into now.
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 10:37 - May 25 with 1458 viewsfarkenhell

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:24 - May 25 by PhilTWTD

I can see what you're saying, but his game was all about demanding the ball and using it effectively. As opposed to covering the pitch. In much the same mould as Glenn Hoddle a decade or so before and Frank Worthington before him. It's arguable that if those players were more mobile without the ball, then they wouldn't have been as effective when they received the ball.

I like to see both types of players in a team. Much like Talbot and Viljoen, or Muhren/Thijssen with Jonny Wark.

Foden or Grealish are probably the closest we currently have in England to that type of player. Both are more mobile but do not seem to produce the pivotal moments in a game as frequently or consistently as LeTissier, Hoddle or Worthington.

Btw - from what I recall, LeTissier was only dropped by Southampton towards the end of his career when he fell out with one of the managers (I can't remember who). He had a reputation for being somewhat too big for his boots, although the Southampton fans clearly loved him (and still do).
I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 10:39 - May 25 with 1454 viewsfarkenhell

I despise Matt Le Tissier but I still can't resist this on 09:31 - May 25 by Bluefields

Different players and never on the same level technically but Batty was not a donkey, he was a superb footballer.

I don't think that anyone who played for England can be described as a donkey (even Tony Adams!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024