Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chesterfield 20:01 - May 24 with 5167 viewsWestover

Scott Loach in goal for Chesterfield tonight,( Ex Town) I would like to see Cook have a bit of success poor at Town but we have some good players now which is thanks to him.
Chesterfield on 20:04 - May 24 with 3113 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm cheering them on. Could set up an unlikely final vs Hurst's Grimsby although a lot of work to do before then.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Chesterfield on 20:05 - May 24 with 3117 viewsVeggie

Yeah I like PC. He was way too stubborn for his own good, but his Demolition Man act has swept the board clean. I doubt KMc would have considered coming here with our old tired squad. However he made a lot of enemies for doing it.
Chesterfield on 20:06 - May 24 with 3073 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chesterfield on 20:05 - May 24 by Veggie

Yeah I like PC. He was way too stubborn for his own good, but his Demolition Man act has swept the board clean. I doubt KMc would have considered coming here with our old tired squad. However he made a lot of enemies for doing it.

Think the demolition act is a sign he should go upstairs maybe and look the football director side of things.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Chesterfield on 20:10 - May 24 with 3062 viewsBlueBadger

Chesterfield on 20:05 - May 24 by Veggie

I liked the bit where he took the tired old squad that were on the verge of the playoffs and made them into a mid table team and then took an expensively assembled young and hungry squad and did the same.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 20:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chesterfield on 20:11 - May 24 with 3038 viewsGlasgowBlue

1-0 up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Chesterfield on 20:17 - May 24 with 3017 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Chesterfield on 20:10 - May 24 by BlueBadger

I liked the bit where he took the tired old squad that were on the verge of the playoffs and made them into a mid table team and then took an expensively assembled young and hungry squad and did the same.

'he took the tired old squad that were on the verge of the playoffs and made them into a mid table team'

All his fault, eh? Nowt wrong with the players' attitude, eh?

I know you'll always be keeping the torch for them but you need to update yourself with the facts. Cook said about them that the mood in the dressing room was the same irrespective of results.
Chesterfield on 20:19 - May 24 with 2991 viewshomer_123

Chesterfield on 20:17 - May 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

'he took the tired old squad that were on the verge of the playoffs and made them into a mid table team'

I know you'll always be keeping the torch for them but you need to update yourself with the facts. Cook said about them that the mood in the dressing room was the same irrespective of results.

And the completely refreshed squad?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Chesterfield on 20:19 - May 24 with 3002 viewsPhilTWTD

Chesterfield on 20:06 - May 24 by FrimleyBlue

Think the demolition act is a sign he should go upstairs maybe and look the football director side of things.

Don't think there's any chance of him doing that, much too much of a hands-on old school tracksuit manager for that.
Login to get fewer ads

Chesterfield on 20:22 - May 24 with 2973 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Chesterfield on 20:19 - May 24 by homer_123

And the completely refreshed squad?

No excuses for last season I agree but those players whom Cook thankfully kicked out of the club had failed for the three managers.
Chesterfield on 20:32 - May 24 with 2887 viewsVeggie

They’ve gone. Let it go.
Chesterfield on 20:33 - May 24 with 2873 viewsBlueBadger

Chesterfield on 20:32 - May 24 by Veggie

They’ve gone. Let it go.

So is Cookie.And his kitmen. Let it go. We get you were Keane on him. Ish.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 20:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Chesterfield on 20:35 - May 24 with 2868 viewsMattinLondon

Chesterfield on 20:17 - May 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

Well it must be true if Cook said it. What an absolute fraud he was whilst here. Always looking for an excuse or trying to peddle the lie that he was only giving half a season.
Chesterfield on 20:36 - May 24 with 2838 viewsITFC_Forever

Danny Rowe has put Chesterfield 1-0 up.

(No, not our ex).
[Post edited 24 May 2022 20:37]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Chesterfield on 20:44 - May 24 with 2782 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Chesterfield on 20:35 - May 24 by MattinLondon

Well it must be true if Cook said it. What an absolute fraud he was whilst here. Always looking for an excuse or trying to peddle the lie that he was only giving half a season.

Totally agree re his poor excuses from last season. He ought to have gone sooner but he did us a massive favour by his demolition job.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 20:44]
Chesterfield on 20:45 - May 24 with 2782 viewsWestover

I don't think we would have got Walton the best keeper in the league if it were not for Cook and some of the others.
Chesterfield on 20:46 - May 24 with 2746 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chesterfield on 20:45 - May 24 by Westover

I don't think we would have got Walton the best keeper in the league if it were not for Cook and some of the others.

Don't think we would have him if walker was still gk coach either.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Chesterfield on 20:51 - May 24 with 2717 viewsBlueBadger

Chesterfield on 20:33 - May 24 by BlueBadger

Actually, 'Cookie and his Kitmen' would be a great name for rockabilly band.

Chesterfield on 20:56 - May 24 with 2694 viewshadleighboyblue

Chesterfield on 20:22 - May 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

No excuses for last season I agree but those players whom Cook thankfully kicked out of the club had failed for the three managers.

and those players have not exactly set Colchester on the path to promotion !
Chesterfield on 21:06 - May 24 with 2647 viewsMattinLondon

Chesterfield on 20:44 - May 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

Totally agree re his poor excuses from last season. He ought to have gone sooner but he did us a massive favour by his demolition job.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 20:44]

No. He was perfectly happy to get rid of a couple players who have progressed under a manager who seems to know what he is doing.

Yes, some players had to go, but Cook made us worse.
Chesterfield on 21:06 - May 24 with 2653 viewsibbleobble

Chesterfield on 20:33 - May 24 by BlueBadger

What are you doing on here again so soon? I thought football was “trivial” to you?
Chesterfield on 21:07 - May 24 with 2644 viewsVic

He didn’t do great, but I don’t get the hate.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Chesterfield on 21:11 - May 24 with 2618 viewsSharkey

Chesterfield on 20:56 - May 24 by hadleighboyblue

I still live in hope. Form in last couple of months was very decent, when Judge came into the team. The first half was horrible, due to ultra-negative management.

I'm not the only person who keeps an eye on both teams who thinks that Town last season did not have a forward who was clearly an upgrade on Sears. Certainly he would have fared no worse than Pigott.
Chesterfield on 21:16 - May 24 with 2592 viewspatrickswell

Chesterfield on 21:07 - May 24 by Vic

He didn’t do great, but I don’t get the hate.

Because he effectively wasted Gamechanger's first season here. Great that we've got McKenna and some decent players, but it feels slightly ludicrous to be sitting here as a fanbase going, "Yeah, the first year of the takeover went as we'd have hoped. 2 places lower and a point more than last season's much derided squad, but you know, that isn't too bad considering..."

Fk Cook and his paranoid ramblings. It will be peak us if the fraud ends up getting success considering how dreadful he's been here and at Chesterfield this season.
Chesterfield on 21:22 - May 24 with 2547 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Chesterfield on 20:56 - May 24 by hadleighboyblue

But all BlueBadgers had been telling us last summer what fantastic professionals Colchester got and they would be a good shout for promotion.
Chesterfield on 21:24 - May 24 with 2526 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Chesterfield on 21:06 - May 24 by MattinLondon

No. He was perfectly happy to get rid of a couple players who have progressed under a manager who seems to know what he is doing.

Yes, some players had to go, but Cook made us worse.

Cook was painfully stubborn with his 4-2-3-1 that's why he failed last season. Imagine though if he had extended some contracts instead of demolition job. We would have been in the relegation mire.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024