Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elizabeth Line 10:21 - May 26 with 3148 viewsunbelievablue

I'm sure there are a few threads on this but I couldn't see any near the top of the board.

Over-budget and delayed to hell but absolutely glorious. I took it this morning from Abbey Wood (my GF bought her place near there a few years' back based on the line supposedly opening in 2018) to Farringdon and it took exactly 20 minutes, which is ludicrous. It only stops 5 times between the two stations (Woolwich, Custom House, Canary Wharf, Whitechapel, Liverpool Street). The Thameslink which I used to take for the same journey had 12 stops and took 44 minutes.

The trains (and platforms, obviously) are really long. The carriages are spacious, wide seats etc. which makes for a far more comfortable journey. Decent aircon considering it is hot at the moment. The biggest surprise is how quiet and smooth it is for a tube line. It's surreal. The stations are beautiful too.

All is forgiven.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Elizabeth Line on 10:24 - May 26 with 2255 viewsSteve_M

Not been on it yet but will do so soon. Shame the Heathrow bit isn't open as going there tomorrow and would be a good reason.

It looks amazing.

And before anyone starts about London getting all the investment, please read this:

Personally I'm in favour of the full HS2 and much better infrastructure across the north of the UK, just that the Treasury isn't.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Elizabeth Line on 10:29 - May 26 with 2228 viewsclive_baker

Not been on it yet but used Tottenham Court Road every day prior to Covid and was waiting and waiting for it to open. Have to say the bits I could see looked smart, especially the entrance that was created for it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Elizabeth Line on 10:32 - May 26 with 2205 viewsunbelievablue

Elizabeth Line on 10:29 - May 26 by clive_baker

Not been on it yet but used Tottenham Court Road every day prior to Covid and was waiting and waiting for it to open. Have to say the bits I could see looked smart, especially the entrance that was created for it.

Yeah they've really gone to town on the stations. The interchanges I've used so far (Farringdon - Met line) and Liverpool Street (to Northern line) have been really good. The station at Liverpool Street is nicely situated for Moorgate.

Elizabeth Line on 10:33 - May 26 with 2203 viewsStokieBlue

Used it this morning.

Obviously overbudget and overtime but it's superb. The stations are fantastic and the trains are quick, quiet and air conditioned.

It's as good if not better than any other metro service I've been on in the world, as it should be given it's brand new and cost rather a lot.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Elizabeth Line on 10:33 - May 26 with 2206 viewsElephantintheRoom

About 8 people on the one at Maidenhead this morning - while 1000 plus must have jammed the n the commuter train. It’s too slow to use from the west.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Elizabeth Line on 10:35 - May 26 with 2185 viewsunbelievablue

Elizabeth Line on 10:33 - May 26 by ElephantintheRoom

About 8 people on the one at Maidenhead this morning - while 1000 plus must have jammed the n the commuter train. It’s too slow to use from the west.

I did wonder about the use cases in the West. Oh well, selfishly, not my problem.

Elizabeth Line on 10:52 - May 26 with 2133 viewsusm

What, no hang on, this cant be happening.
Something good happening under the self serving, uncaring blue Tory scum?
Must be some kind of mistake.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Elizabeth Line on 10:57 - May 26 with 2107 viewsunbelievablue

Elizabeth Line on 10:52 - May 26 by usm

What, no hang on, this cant be happening.
Something good happening under the self serving, uncaring blue Tory scum?
Must be some kind of mistake.

The initial consultation was in 2002 under Labour, the Crossrail act was passed in 2008 under Brown, and it has been part-run by TFL (under Johnson and then Khan). It's been a Labour-Coalition-Tory combo job all along, and it doesn't really deserve any politicisation.

Login to get fewer ads

Elizabeth Line on 12:27 - May 26 with 1891 viewsOldsmoker

Sections of the line go underground but it's not technically a tube line.
It draws power from overheard cables not extra rails like the tube trains.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Elizabeth Line on 12:30 - May 26 with 1875 viewsusm

Elizabeth Line on 10:57 - May 26 by unbelievablue

The initial consultation was in 2002 under Labour, the Crossrail act was passed in 2008 under Brown, and it has been part-run by TFL (under Johnson and then Khan). It's been a Labour-Coalition-Tory combo job all along, and it doesn't really deserve any politicisation.

I agree that a lot of things don't deserve politicisation but they get it on here

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Elizabeth Line on 12:30 - May 26 with 1877 viewsitfcjoe

I was hoping to go on it tonight but doesn't suit my journey for my slap up dinner at the House of Lords from Liv St, faffing about with changes when in black tie isn't the one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Elizabeth Line on 12:42 - May 26 with 1821 viewsNthQldITFC

Phil hasn't quashed this one yet. Can we assume that we are signing her? What position does she play?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Elizabeth Line on 12:51 - May 26 with 1779 viewsstonojnr

Elizabeth Line on 10:24 - May 26 by Steve_M

Not been on it yet but will do so soon. Shame the Heathrow bit isn't open as going there tomorrow and would be a good reason.

It looks amazing.

And before anyone starts about London getting all the investment, please read this:

Personally I'm in favour of the full HS2 and much better infrastructure across the north of the UK, just that the Treasury isn't.

its not just some in the treasury (fwiw big infra projects like HS2 generate good returns on investment for the treasury so some do get it in whitehall) but the press like their "but it only saves a few mins so why bother" attitude and the people who dont look at the capacity issues of the WCML or realise how transformational this stuff can be believe them, maybe crossrail will help make that connection in peoples minds better. my biggest gripe about HS2 is how they wrecked the area around Euston just to turn the station into a shopping mall style destination for the like its some airport terminal, and they could do alot more to alleviate the impacts of the route, but the principle of high speed train services should be an absolute no brainer.

and the Lizzy line is supposed to be about 11mins now between Liverpool St & Paddington, a journey you used to have to leave at least 40mins to an hour to be on the safe side for a connection in case you got held at Baker St. like it will take you longer to walk to the platforms now than the journey itself, it will absolutely transform connections for us in the East to the West side of England & Wales. Like if you picked the right trains and the timetables synched properly (I doubt they do though) Ipswich to Cardiff in 3hrs.
Elizabeth Line on 12:52 - May 26 with 1776 viewsunbelievablue

Elizabeth Line on 12:27 - May 26 by Oldsmoker

Sections of the line go underground but it's not technically a tube line.
It draws power from overheard cables not extra rails like the tube trains.

Sorry, yes, you're quite right.

Elizabeth Line on 12:53 - May 26 with 1771 viewsFixed_It

Elizabeth Line on 12:42 - May 26 by NthQldITFC

Phil hasn't quashed this one yet. Can we assume that we are signing her? What position does she play?

Never really known for her pace, but lacks mobility these days. Like a slow Jonathan Douglas...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Elizabeth Line on 13:00 - May 26 with 1737 viewsGogs

Which bits are actually open can anyone confirm? I know the through route isn’t yet in place but I ask as I’m flying from Heathrow on 6 June and was wondering if I can get to Paddington on the circle line and then go to Heathrow on that part of the Elizabeth line. Is this possible as yet? It’ll cut a decent bit of travel time out if so.
Elizabeth Line on 13:01 - May 26 with 1734 viewsclive_baker

Such is the nervousness about Phil quashing these transfer rumours so rapidly that people are resorting to code. Of course, for posters like us this is relatively easy to decipher.

Elizabeth...what do you associate with Queen Elizabeth? Queens Guards of course.

Line....

LineGuard....Lingard.

It's Jesse Lingard. Manchester United, so known to KM. Out of contract. It's obvious when you think about it. ITS HAPPENING, EVERYBODY STAY CALM!!!

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Elizabeth Line on 13:11 - May 26 with 1691 viewsunbelievablue

Elizabeth Line on 13:00 - May 26 by Gogs

Which bits are actually open can anyone confirm? I know the through route isn’t yet in place but I ask as I’m flying from Heathrow on 6 June and was wondering if I can get to Paddington on the circle line and then go to Heathrow on that part of the Elizabeth line. Is this possible as yet? It’ll cut a decent bit of travel time out if so.

Yeah, it's open. 42 mins direct from Paddington. LHR Express is quicker, in theory. Just way more pricey now.

Elizabeth Line on 13:12 - May 26 with 1687 viewsClapham_Junction

Elizabeth Line on 10:57 - May 26 by unbelievablue

I was modelling Crossrail in my first job as a transport planner back in around 2001. Nice to see it finally happen!

I think Crossrail 2 was also in the model but was considered less likely to ever happen.
Elizabeth Line on 13:21 - May 26 with 1644 viewsGogs

Elizabeth Line on 13:11 - May 26 by unbelievablue

Yeah, it's open. 42 mins direct from Paddington. LHR Express is quicker, in theory. Just way more pricey now.

Cheers for confirmation. I believe our train tickets will cover Elizabeth line but not Heathrow express so I’ll look to do that.
Elizabeth Line on 13:24 - May 26 with 1608 viewsjaykay

Elizabeth Line on 12:30 - May 26 by usm

I agree that a lot of things don't deserve politicisation but they get it on here

yet ,you decided to

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Elizabeth Line on 13:42 - May 26 with 1580 viewsITFC_Forever

Ah, good thread….

Daughters are getting the Liz Line to Paddington from Liverpool Street on Monday.

Where are the platforms at Liverpool St in relation to the main concourse? Do you go down the small flight of steps under McD’s where you’d normally go for the rest of the tube lines?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Elizabeth Line on 13:45 - May 26 with 1568 viewsunbelievablue

Elizabeth Line on 13:42 - May 26 by ITFC_Forever

Ah, good thread….

Daughters are getting the Liz Line to Paddington from Liverpool Street on Monday.

Where are the platforms at Liverpool St in relation to the main concourse? Do you go down the small flight of steps under McD’s where you’d normally go for the rest of the tube lines?

You can connect to that bit underground, but the station itself is more of a joint station between Moorgate & Liverpool Street so I believe it has a different exit and entrance. I haven't done the LLS changeover yet but if and when I do I'll come back to you.

Going for a drink in the City tonight come to think of it, so will check it out as that's where I'll get the train home from.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 13:46]

Elizabeth Line on 13:53 - May 26 with 1537 viewsMattinLondon

Tends to stay in the middle but in her younger days was used on the right.
Elizabeth Line on 14:20 - May 26 with 1476 viewsFreddies_Ears

I used it yesterday for a short hop from Canary Wharf to Liverpool St, which took maybe 7-8 mins, with one stop at Whitechapel. It is smooth and quiet. Station at CW is a bit away from tube and DLR.
I got on towards the front, so was the right end to take the passageway to Moorgate, which seemed to take longer than the trip on the train.

Fabulous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024