Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Munich 11:42 - May 26 with 817 viewsSteve_M

I'm off to Munich tomorrow, part of a stag do so it's mostly organised but I suspect three days should allow a small element of cultural activities other than bierkellers. It will be the first time I've been abroad for 2.5 years so looking forward to it.

Any suggestions beyond the obvious?
[Post edited 26 May 2022 12:35]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Munich on 11:44 - May 26 with 783 viewsNthQldITFC

I do like the sound of a moistly organised stag do.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Munich on 11:46 - May 26 with 770 viewsunbelievablue

Dachau.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Munich on 11:47 - May 26 with 766 viewsitfcjoe

I had my stag do there, so don't have too much advice re anything other than beer halls (and also don't run into a lamppost whilst wearing a mask and end up wioth 5 stitches on your forehead...)

A friend had a German wife and when I asked him before my stag he sent me a load of info which i can't locate - but basically said you can get a short train out to foothills of some mountains with lakes etc where very relaxing, saunas, good food and the like.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Munich on 11:52 - May 26 with 734 viewsunbelievablue

Munich on 11:47 - May 26 by itfcjoe

I had my stag do there, so don't have too much advice re anything other than beer halls (and also don't run into a lamppost whilst wearing a mask and end up wioth 5 stitches on your forehead...)

A friend had a German wife and when I asked him before my stag he sent me a load of info which i can't locate - but basically said you can get a short train out to foothills of some mountains with lakes etc where very relaxing, saunas, good food and the like.

Eagle's Nest?!

Munich on 11:55 - May 26 with 727 viewsKieran_Knows

Had wanted to go to Munich for my stag do this year, but have ended up in Benidorm as it's a rollover from a stag do we was meant to go on in 2020 & 2021 and it was just easier to re-book there.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Munich on 11:55 - May 26 with 728 viewsSomethingBlue

Enjoy, I'll be there nine days or so after you, seem to end up there semi-regularly for one reason or another & have covered quite a lot of it.

If you haven't before, have a walk around the Olympiapark and the old stadium, really worth it, remarkable piece of architecture and even if you can't get on a tour you can get a good view through the gate, whole area around it is very nicely done too.

Obviously sit and drink by the lake in the Englischer Garten. But an area I like very much for walking around and also eating/drinking is the west end (Schwanthalerhohe), an easy walk from the central station, opposite direction from the old town. Bit more of a Berlin-style vibe, huge diversity and density of interesting bars & restaurants. I ate at a very good Italian, Osteria Bianchi, a couple of times last summer. You can cross the bridge at Hackerbrucke on the walk there, in the summer the locals will sit up on the railings and enjoy the view with beers as the sun goes down, the aesthetic is very cool.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 11:56]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Munich on 11:56 - May 26 with 720 viewsitfcjoe

Munich on 11:52 - May 26 by unbelievablue

Eagle's Nest?!

That doesn't ring any bells, may have been somewhere lower profile and more for locals

Munich on 11:57 - May 26 with 699 viewsunbelievablue

Munich on 11:56 - May 26 by itfcjoe

That doesn't ring any bells, may have been somewhere lower profile and more for locals

It was a joke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kehlsteinhaus

Login to get fewer ads

Munich on 12:06 - May 26 with 656 viewsitfcjoe

Munich on 11:57 - May 26 by unbelievablue

It was a joke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kehlsteinhaus

Munich on 12:09 - May 26 with 642 viewsGlasgowBlue

'moistly organised"?

You could at least wait until you get to the strip bars Steve.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Munich on 13:23 - May 26 with 533 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Augustiner beer house not far from Marianplatz - very lively and great beer! There’s an Aussie bar (Ned Kelly’s) if you want a stag type atmosphere!

Ground tour of the Allianz is very impressive.

Can get to the Alps in an hour or so on the train, great scenery and you can visit Neuschwanstein.
Munich on 13:26 - May 26 with 525 viewsitfcjoe

Munich on 13:23 - May 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Augustiner beer house not far from Marianplatz - very lively and great beer! There’s an Aussie bar (Ned Kelly’s) if you want a stag type atmosphere!

Ground tour of the Allianz is very impressive.

Can get to the Alps in an hour or so on the train, great scenery and you can visit Neuschwanstein.

Augustiner is where I spent most of my stag do, was superb.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024