Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flight advice in these unreliable weird times 17:28 - May 26 with 2678 viewsLord_Lucan

Easyjet from stansted or pay £150 more and take KLM from London City?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:31 - May 26 with 1865 viewsBlueBadger

Depends how long you're going to be in the air for - 3 hours or less? Easyjet all the way.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:36 - May 26 with 1847 viewsLord_Lucan

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:31 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Depends how long you're going to be in the air for - 3 hours or less? Easyjet all the way.

1 hour but I'm in a right pickle

I have to be in Amsterdam on Monday, no room for interrupted schedule

I would normally get the Sunday night boat from Harwich but it's sold out

Flight prices are mad. I have to choose on an Easyjet out of Stansted for £300 or a KLM from LCY for £426 - both one way prices!

Easyjet just seem in my mind a bit risky for a tight schedule - but then again if I go to LCY I have to rely on British Rail not fecking up the trains around 6am

It's a blooming nightmare

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:36 - May 26 with 1832 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Had a pretty smooth Easy Jet journey only yesterday but still feel a little miffed about robot self checking in of hold bags. They didn't even check the weight and size of take on bags btw!!
Also, Covid is sooooooooo yesterday's news, probably about 1 in 500 wear a mask at the airport and on the plane the Slave family were 3 of 6 to do so.

Edit...ps this was Gatwick.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 17:37]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:40 - May 26 with 1816 viewsLord_Lucan

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:36 - May 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Had a pretty smooth Easy Jet journey only yesterday but still feel a little miffed about robot self checking in of hold bags. They didn't even check the weight and size of take on bags btw!!
Also, Covid is sooooooooo yesterday's news, probably about 1 in 500 wear a mask at the airport and on the plane the Slave family were 3 of 6 to do so.

That's another thing though, hold bags are an extra £40!

I was going to take my laptop bag with a few clothes in there, it's the principle!

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:40 - May 26 with 1809 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:36 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Flight prices are mad. I have to choose on an Easyjet out of Stansted for £300 or a KLM from LCY for £426 - both one way prices!

Easyjet just seem in my mind a bit risky for a tight schedule - but then again if I go to LCY I have to rely on British Rail not fecking up the trains around 6am

Bloody hell, returns to Split were less than that when I booked months ago!

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:42 - May 26 with 1803 viewsLord_Lucan

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:40 - May 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Bloody hell, returns to Split were less than that when I booked months ago!

Norwich airport want £400 one way and you have to pay an airport charge or you can't board the plane

Screw them!
[Post edited 26 May 2022 17:43]

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:43 - May 26 with 1790 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:40 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

I was going to take my laptop bag with a few clothes in there, it's the principle!

It's less for a 15kg extra carry on....the worry is that they might cancel the short haul stuff if they have staffing pressures at half term.

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:44 - May 26 with 1782 viewsclive_baker

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:36 - May 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Where did you park?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:44 - May 26 with 1783 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:42 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Norwich airport want £400 one way and you have to pay an airport charge or you can't board the plane

Screw them!
[Post edited 26 May 2022 17:43]

W@nkers....feck'em!

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:45 - May 26 with 1781 viewsFunge

Alright LL.

I'm a big City fan - the parking 'meet and greet' there is absurd good (if you're so inclined), plus it's 5 mins from tarmac to front gate... I'd always go City if I could....

Anecdotal evidence suggesting that passport queues atm are horrid at Stansted atm too, altho am sure plenty of others can give first hand accounts.
Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:46 - May 26 with 1767 viewsclive_baker

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:40 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Avoid a hold bag if you're on a tight schedule innit, just another reason for potential delays.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:46 - May 26 with 1765 viewsElderGrizzly

LCY isa bit of a mess at the moment.

So is Amsterdam though, so good luck. There were 6 hour waits for check-in and security in AMS over the weekend
Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:47 - May 26 with 1757 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 17:44 - May 26 by clive_baker

Where did you park?

Long stay Gatwick north terminal £77....thought I might take in a Town game!

[Redacted] on 18:01 - May 26 with 1717 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 18:05 - May 26 with 1689 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted] on 18:01 - May 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

[Redacted]
Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:07 - May 26 with 1673 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Dunno how often they sail but could you get a Sunday boat from Yarrmouth? If not is it worth driving to Hull and catching the boat there? Realise its a trek but worth it to get there on time

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:33 - May 26 with 1624 viewsLord_Lucan

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:07 - May 26 by BlueandTruesince82

Dunno how often they sail but could you get a Sunday boat from Yarrmouth? If not is it worth driving to Hull and catching the boat there? Realise its a trek but worth it to get there on time

Ferry from Yarmouth???

I can't believe this exists, how could I have gone my whole life not knowing about this?

Google seems as unaware as me.

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:40 - May 26 with 1591 viewsellerblue

Have you tried Ryanair stansted to Eindhoven then quick train to Amsterdzm?

Heinsberg Blue

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:42 - May 26 with 1563 viewsjeera

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:33 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Ferry from Yarmouth???

I can't believe this exists, how could I have gone my whole life not knowing about this?

I used to know of a group of people who met up with a 'ferry' around that way somewhere. Only one I'd heard of before now.

Bizarrely it was said they used jet skis for the first leg and met the ferry a few miles off the coast.

The local Sunday market was like a car show.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:44 - May 26 with 1548 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:07 - May 26 by BlueandTruesince82

Sorry, I didn't mean for my post to suggest you definitely could get one from Yarmouth, just thought maybe you might be able to. Stuck me as a sensible place for a ferry.

[Redacted] on 18:47 - May 26 with 1531 viewsvictorywilhappen

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:44 - May 26 by BlueandTruesince82

Sorry, I didn't mean for my post to suggest you definitely could get one from Yarmouth, just thought maybe you might be able to. Stuck me as a sensible place for a ferry.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 18:48 - May 26 with 1514 viewsvictorywilhappen

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:33 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Ferry from Yarmouth???

[Redacted]
Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:56 - May 26 with 1480 viewsBlueandTruesince82

[Redacted] on 18:48 - May 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

There was going to be one but Brexit wrecked it for you LL

https://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/news/brexit-scuppers-ferries-between-grea

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:56 - May 26 with 1484 viewsLord_Lucan

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:40 - May 26 by ellerblue

Have you tried Ryanair stansted to Eindhoven then quick train to Amsterdzm?

I looked at that but it's sold out.

I'm quite liking my old friend Victory's Eurostar suggestion but they only have standard class tickets available and I imagine it to be a bit riff raffy, well, it was the one and only time I went on Eurostar.

[Redacted] on 18:58 - May 26 with 1464 viewsvictorywilhappen

Flight advice in these unreliable weird times on 18:56 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

I looked at that but it's sold out.

I'm quite liking my old friend Victory's Eurostar suggestion but they only have standard class tickets available and I imagine it to be a bit riff raffy, well, it was the one and only time I went on Eurostar.

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024