Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today 19:09 - May 26 with 3310 viewsdominiciawful

Have heard it once or twice recently also. ("Better Days")

I was almost cringing through it at one point due to how nasal the vocals were. And the lyrics were the most generic shoite imaginable. If it was a new song by a complete unknown, it surely wouldn't get any attention.

"There'll be better days when the sun gets into you
And the shadows of your heart
There'll be better days when my love will find you
Even though we're miles apart
Like an aeroplane, as the world fades out
And there's a new world yet to come
And all your pain will release at night
Into the arms of the chosen one

If you're lost, I'll find you there
With the sunlight in your hair
And the sadness washed away by the rain

Believe me, yeah
Believe me, yeah"

Groundbreaking.

What is the deal with singing in such a nasal manner? It's unpleasant. I don't mind his voice really when he isn't singing in quite that fashion.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 19:18 - May 26 with 2553 viewstractordownsouth

He's always been a poor songwriter - all but 3 of the songs on his first solo album were forgettable. I'm Outta Time is one of my favourite Oasis songs though.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 19:19 - May 26 with 2556 viewsLord_Lucan

Think I heard this on Jools Holland the other night.

I see he's doing his Beatles rooftop homage.

He's a bit of a knob but I'd rather go on the lash with him than his brother.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 21:32 - May 26 with 2391 viewsNBVJohn

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 19:19 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

I’d rather be teetotal than go on the lash with him or his brother.
Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 21:38 - May 26 with 2380 viewsMattinLondon

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 21:32 - May 26 by NBVJohn

I’d rather be teetotal than go on the lash with him or his brother.

I think a night out on the lash with Liam would be great. He’s quite a funny chap who will have loads of stories to tell.
Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 21:47 - May 26 with 2357 viewsGodzilla

Thought for a horrible moment he was going to muller this song.
Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 21:51 - May 26 with 2349 viewsGodzilla

He needs to be put to bed soon.

https://happymag.tv/liam-gallagher-jamie-carragher-twitter/
Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:19 - May 26 with 2300 viewsMelford

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 19:19 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Oasis are the band who got me into music, I got my first guitar Xmas 1994 and the very first song I learnt was Live Forever. Barely listen to them at all now and haven't for years or any of the solo stuff really.

But I did see Liam supporting the Stones a couple of years back and he was the mutt's nuts. I wasn't expecting much but he was in fine voice and was giving it large.

From what I've read/heard from most musicians that Noel has worked with is that he's a bit of a c**t and snidey with it.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:28 - May 26 with 2284 viewsLord_Lucan

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:19 - May 26 by Melford

Oasis are the band who got me into music, I got my first guitar Xmas 1994 and the very first song I learnt was Live Forever. Barely listen to them at all now and haven't for years or any of the solo stuff really.

But I did see Liam supporting the Stones a couple of years back and he was the mutt's nuts. I wasn't expecting much but he was in fine voice and was giving it large.

From what I've read/heard from most musicians that Noel has worked with is that he's a bit of a c**t and snidey with it.

Personally I would take other musicians tales with a pinch of salt.

I never knew he backed up The Stones, in fact I have seen The Stones a few times and I can't remember them having a back up group - aside from Chrissie Hynde who I love and is fantastic. Mind you, I'm not a back up band person and usually hit the gig when it's all going on.

Thinking about it, when I saw Chrissie backing them up I was in Barcelona and me and my Mrs were outside the Olympic Stadium sharing a J and we suddenly heard Chrissie so we rushed in. I think there was another act due to support them but pulled out or were ill. Who were they???????

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:35 - May 26 with 2261 viewsGodzilla

I dont really mind Oasis to be fair, it was nice to see pub rock making a grand comeback, you can see where he got his nasily vocal style from when you listen to this lot. He was thie roadie I believe back in the day,

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:41 - May 26 with 2246 viewsLord_Lucan

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:35 - May 26 by Godzilla

I dont really mind Oasis to be fair, it was nice to see pub rock making a grand comeback, you can see where he got his nasily vocal style from when you listen to this lot. He was thie roadie I believe back in the day,

There's nothing wrong with Oasis full stop.

If anything they are a bit underrated, I know their stuff echoed a lot of Beatles, Slade and all that stuff but their first two albums were sensational.

Proper rock and roll dudes as well.

I never saw them live. I was supposed to see them at Chelmsford V but they had their bust up the night before and split.

Dalai Farmer reckons he saw them at The Army and Navy in Chelmsford but I've never been convinced about that.

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:49 - May 26 with 2232 viewsGodzilla

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:41 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

If anything they are a bit underrated, I know their stuff echoed a lot of Beatles, Slade and all that stuff but their first two albums were sensational.

I never saw them live. I was supposed to see them at Chelmsford V but they had their bust up the night before and split.

Dalai Farmer reckons he saw them at The Army and Navy in Chelmsford but I've never been convinced about that.

Yea, they've got attitude for sure, but Chelmsford? Everyone claims to have seen them play their early gigs, here too.
Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:02 - May 26 with 2213 viewsMelford

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 22:41 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

He probably did, a day before I saw them the first time in Cambridge according to this.
10 May 1994 Chelmsford The Army and Navy
11 May 1994 Cambridge The Boat Race
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitely_Maybe_Tour

Apart from that I saw them at Earl's Court 1995 which is the best I've ever seen them, The other time was when Liam did this at Wembley

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:23 - May 26 with 2172 viewsSwansea_Blue

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 19:18 - May 26 by tractordownsouth

He's always been a poor songwriter - all but 3 of the songs on his first solo album were forgettable. I'm Outta Time is one of my favourite Oasis songs though.

The question of whether he’s a good or bad song writer I’d leave to the purists and musical experts. All I know is under Oasis him and the band nailed it. I’ve not followed his stuff since, but their contribution to the whole 90s indi scene was spot on, and probably the most significant of any band (sport Blur - too niche, not popular enough). Banging stuff. Nothing since has come close in terms of popularity or commercial success. Ed maybe commercially, but he’s a bit wet compared to what Oasis served up.

Mind you, I don’t think Oasis wouldn’t have even been noticeable if not for the groundwork from bands like Inspiral Carpets, Stone Roses, The Verve, etc. I know the Beatles are always quoted as their musical inspiration, but I reckon that would have been meaningless without the Manchester indi scene laying the contemporary foundations for them. Cracking band, but of their time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:28 - May 26 with 2162 viewsjeera

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:23 - May 26 by Swansea_Blue

The question of whether he’s a good or bad song writer I’d leave to the purists and musical experts. All I know is under Oasis him and the band nailed it. I’ve not followed his stuff since, but their contribution to the whole 90s indi scene was spot on, and probably the most significant of any band (sport Blur - too niche, not popular enough). Banging stuff. Nothing since has come close in terms of popularity or commercial success. Ed maybe commercially, but he’s a bit wet compared to what Oasis served up.

Mind you, I don’t think Oasis wouldn’t have even been noticeable if not for the groundwork from bands like Inspiral Carpets, Stone Roses, The Verve, etc. I know the Beatles are always quoted as their musical inspiration, but I reckon that would have been meaningless without the Manchester indi scene laying the contemporary foundations for them. Cracking band, but of their time.

Jarvis Cocker was on for n hour interview this afternoon on 5 Live.

For the parts I caught whilst driving and dashing about he was surprisingly engaging and entertaining.

I had always figured he was a bit of a knob but he came across as anything but.

So much is for show it's impossible to see the person until they're ready to give up the nonsense façade.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:30 - May 26 with 2162 viewsLord_Lucan

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:02 - May 26 by Melford

He probably did, a day before I saw them the first time in Cambridge according to this.
10 May 1994 Chelmsford The Army and Navy
11 May 1994 Cambridge The Boat Race
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitely_Maybe_Tour

Apart from that I saw them at Earl's Court 1995 which is the best I've ever seen them, The other time was when Liam did this at Wembley

I dunno about that.

It's not uncommon to go off piste on a set - mind you, I genuinely think the brothers really hate each other rather than a sort of staged thing.

And I suppose that's why they are still so interesting.

I reckon they are gold to be honest. I remember clearly when they emerged and I stuck my nose up as I didn't want to hear new things.

I can't remember at which point I knew I was wrong but I'm doing the same thing to this day unfortunately.

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:33 - May 26 with 2150 viewsMattinLondon

The trouble with purists or people who pride themselves on their music expertise is that sometimes they forget what makes a song popular or good.

Oasis, and by extension Liam and Noel, get a lot of criticism for writing quite simplistic music with nonsensical lyrics. The OP mentioned that he cringed when he listened to the lyrics. But who actually cares - you get some who w**k themselves silly over lyrics written by The Smiths but they can stick their punctured bicycle up their arses.

Once upon a time I listened to ‘Definitely Maybe’ before a night out but now I sometimes listen to it cleaning the house. There’s just something great yet easy about their music.
Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:38 - May 26 with 2138 viewsLord_Lucan

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:28 - May 26 by jeera

For the parts I caught whilst driving and dashing about he was surprisingly engaging and entertaining.

So much is for show it's impossible to see the person until they're ready to give up the nonsense façade.

How has Jarvis Cocker ever been a knob?

He's a man of the people!

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:41 - May 26 with 2129 viewsMattinLondon

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:38 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Jarvis is probably one of the only front men from the 90s (when they first gained fame) who has never come across as a knob. Well unless he’s done something which I don’t know about.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 23:42]
Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:42 - May 26 with 2122 viewsjeera

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:38 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

Before Michael Jackson's fall from grace I was a fan.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:44 - May 26 with 2121 viewsMelford

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:30 - May 26 by Lord_Lucan

I dunno about that.

It's not uncommon to go off piste on a set - mind you, I genuinely think the brothers really hate each other rather than a sort of staged thing.

And I suppose that's why they are still so interesting.

I reckon they are gold to be honest. I remember clearly when they emerged and I stuck my nose up as I didn't want to hear new things.

I can't remember at which point I knew I was wrong but I'm doing the same thing to this day unfortunately.

This row between the Gallagher brothers made the charts as a single in the 90s

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:45 - May 26 with 2114 viewsSwansea_Blue

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:28 - May 26 by jeera

Yeah, that’s true. And he’s another massively influential musician at that time. Pulp were one of my favourites for sure.

On a similar theme, I listened to jo whiley’s interview with Paolo Nutini yesterday. Obviously a talented guy, but it was like pulling teeth for her to get anything out of him. The individual didn’t display any of the confidence you hear in his songs. It was good though. He’s not my thing at all, but sounded great (reminded me of Rod Stewart; feel free to take that as criticism or praise depending on your likes).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:57 - May 26 with 2101 viewsLord_Lucan

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 23:41 - May 26 by MattinLondon

Jarvis is probably one of the only front men from the 90s (when they first gained fame) who has never come across as a knob. Well unless he’s done something which I don’t know about.
[Post edited 26 May 2022 23:42]

My mate was living in a sh1t flat in Mile End and going crazy, he genuinely thought - and still thinks to this day that the track was written for him.

Not sure what else to say about Jarvis really but I reckon he just ambers on as if nothings happened and he's just a normal bod.

I get the feeling that he spends ages talking with his wife (if he has one) about which microwave to buy and looks at all the reviews - even though he can afford to buy whatever microwave he desires.

He seems more normal than normal and embraces what he loves - just being a northern dude!

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 05:48 - May 27 with 1910 viewsBlueBadger

Saw Oasis at Sheffield Arena in '95 when they were at the absolute height of their powers. Pulp as support playing 'Common People' in the live arena for only the second or third.

Amazing night.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 06:53 - May 27 with 1838 viewsGlasgowBlue

Of course the Beatles invented the Manchester indie scene 25 years earlier.

The aforementioned Dalai (R.I.P.) once posted a Madchester version of this song but I’ve forgotten who it was by. It may have been World of Twist but I can’t find it.
[Post edited 27 May 2022 6:58]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Heard a Liam Gallagher song on Radio 2 today on 07:11 - May 27 with 1808 viewsSteve_M

Oasis were the soundtrack to my first year at uni, 'What's the Story' came out about two weeks in and it was massive. I can't hear that album without getting pleasantly nostalgic for them.

I don't think it stands up as well musically now as, say, Pulp do or Blur's 13 (Parklife et al were always a bit cosplay music and beneath their ability) but music is as much about moments as songs - and I missed live music as much as live sport over the covid lockdown.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024