Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 on 1's 18:49 - May 27 with 1291 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just finished reading the news piece from our new coach and he mentions 1 on 1 situations.

When was the last time we saw a striker played through who rounded the keeper and slotted it home.

I've been thinking back to some of this seasons games, but I can't think of 1 in the box

Not that it matters in anyway. But is celinas v stockdale on the halfway line the only one?
[Post edited 27 May 2022 18:52]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

1 on 1's on 18:57 - May 27 with 1235 viewsSTYG

When was the last time you saw anyone do that?

Teams just don’t play the same way these days. Offside trap days you’d get Mathie or Johnson break through and round the keeper sometimes but I genuinely can’t recall anyone doing it for ages. One that comes to mind is Torres for Chelsea at Barca.

I’m sure I’ve seen a few since then! But none that come to mind.

Actually, Stockton down here versus Morecambe rounded Hladky?
1 on 1's on 19:10 - May 27 with 1186 viewsDJR

Alan Brazil was very good at 1 on 1s. Hard to believe now, but he was very pacey at the time and had the composure to beat the goalkeeper virtually every time.
1 on 1's on 19:29 - May 27 with 1148 viewsPJH

1 on 1's on 19:10 - May 27 by DJR

Alan Brazil was very good at 1 on 1s. Hard to believe now, but he was very pacey at the time and had the composure to beat the goalkeeper virtually every time.

For the best part of two seasons getting Brazil one on one with the keeper was just about as good as having a penalty. Better than having a penalty in some eras but Warky rarely missed so 'just about as good as.'
1 on 1's on 20:35 - May 27 with 1009 viewssolemio

1 on 1's on 19:10 - May 27 by DJR

As good as Marcus Stewart.
1 on 1's on 20:42 - May 27 with 980 viewsFixed_It

1 on 1's on 20:35 - May 27 by solemio

As good as Marcus Stewart.

Probably better.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

1 on 1's on 21:45 - May 27 with 906 viewstopguy

In grants comments he says one to ones and group training, so i read it as one to one as individual training as well as group training, so might not be one on ones but the training that mckenna and pert wants to be trained.
1 on 1's on 15:10 - May 28 with 505 viewsgosblue

When I was younger I had a really good 1 to 1 session on 1 on 1s that I bave never forgotten.
I was quick, so I often found myself in that situation but I usually fluffed my lines (we’ve all been there, right?)
It was very simple. He said ‘Don’t think about it. If you’re in the middle of the goal it goes through the keepers legs. If you’re to the side, it goes in the opposite corner which is the biggest target and the hardest for the keeper to defend.’ ‘Some players will chip the keeper or take it round him but you’re not good enough so do as I’ve shown you.’ Fair enough. It worked.
I’ve watched MOTD over the years and seen this theory put into practice many, many times.
I’ve noticed this season for the first time that some keepers are extending a leg to help block the far corner. Many forwards haven’t cottoned onto it yet and need telling to lift it over the leg .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024