Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. 10:03 - May 28 with 1037 viewsLord_Lucan

Went to bed about midnight and the mobile rung with a no caller ID so I didn't answer.

It rang again a minute later so I answered it in case it was some kind of emergency. I have multiple landlines redirected to my mobile but by the notification I receive when I answer the phone I can tell where it's directed from and it was an 01603 number - so I know it wasn't a straight to mobile call, not if that makes any difference.

Anyhoo, when I answered it a guy said "British Gas emergency line" as if I had called him. I said that I didn't call out, you called me, how can I help - and then the phone went dead.

This then happened every minute about 10 more times although after a few calls The British Gas reply was replaced with an Autoglass reply.

Eventually I had to turn my phone off.

I mean, WTF? Anyone have any ideas?
[Post edited 28 May 2022 10:59]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 10:31 - May 28 with 934 viewsGlasgowBlue

Putin.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 10:32 - May 28 with 931 viewsunbelievablue

I did read that LSD is getting stronger.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 11:04 - May 28 with 860 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

A helpful Norwich citizen smelt gas outside your business property.

They phoned the gas helpline and gave your office premises number as the customer number to call. BG phone you to much confusion all round.

Repeated calls from BG until eventually the gas supply explodes blowing the windows out of vehicles round your gaff and an enterprising Autoglass salesman calls your business number hoping that one of the vehicles is yours.

Best I can do.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 11:28 - May 28 with 808 viewsLord_Lucan

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 11:04 - May 28 by You_Bloo_Right

A helpful Norwich citizen smelt gas outside your business property.

They phoned the gas helpline and gave your office premises number as the customer number to call. BG phone you to much confusion all round.

Repeated calls from BG until eventually the gas supply explodes blowing the windows out of vehicles round your gaff and an enterprising Autoglass salesman calls your business number hoping that one of the vehicles is yours.

Best I can do.

I was fairly confident of a sensible reply!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 11:56 - May 28 with 744 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 11:28 - May 28 by Lord_Lucan

I was fairly confident of a sensible reply!

Well to be fair I had assumed you'd put the number into one of those "Who called me?" sites to see if it had been registered as some sort of scam. There was a BG scam using 01603 numbers a couple of years ago but for something more current I could only find something about 01603 numbers calling to get you to swap energy supplier - not so much a scam more just irritating and doesn't seem to fit your experince.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 12:16 - May 28 with 692 viewsHARRY10

Has the whiff of a hoax caller, to me

I think I might have seen through it by the time it claimed to be Autoglass though
Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 13:12 - May 28 with 611 viewsMJallday

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 12:16 - May 28 by HARRY10

Has the whiff of a hoax caller, to me

I think I might have seen through it by the time it claimed to be Autoglass though

It was Gavin from auto glass, wanting to sort out your wife’s crack.

I’ll get my coat

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Strangest thing happened last night - TW4TD hive mind post. on 13:15 - May 28 with 605 viewsjeera

Scammers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024