Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A trip to the Potteries next season then. 17:53 - May 28 with 1995 viewsScuzzer

Should be fun.

Established 1968

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:02 - May 28 with 1958 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Last time we played them in the league…doubled them and ….. it all ended well with a promotion, so here’s to that again

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:11 - May 28 with 1918 viewsParisBlue

I always liked playing Port Vale when John Rudge was their manager. Always tried to play football and would generally come to Portman Road and get thumped.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:25 - May 28 with 1882 viewsEastTownBlue

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:02 - May 28 by BlueyandCrazy

Last time we played them in the league…doubled them and ….. it all ended well with a promotion, so here’s to that again

I stand to be corrected, did Micky Stockwell make his 500th appearance for Town the last time we played against them ?
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:34 - May 28 with 1841 viewsStu_boy

I'll always remember a nice 5 1 win must've bern new year 1996
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:52 - May 28 with 1793 viewsSwansea_Blue

I didn't watch it but looking at the match report I think it's fair to say it wasn't Mansfield's finest day. That guy that got sent off must feel gutted, as it sounds like he made pointless rash challenges. Not that it sounds like it would have changed that much. I don't think I've ever been to Port Vale. It's not the worst to get to for me (everywhere's bad); quicker from Ipswich though.

Edit - just seen Bluebeat's post and realise it was our own Ollie Hawkins. Lol. I hadn't twigged.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 19:00]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:54 - May 28 with 1788 viewsxrayspecs

First away game of the season, midweek.

Start at home v Derby.
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:55 - May 28 with 1783 viewsCrayonKing

I vaguely remember them ending our Anglo-Italian Cup dream!
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 19:13 - May 28 with 1737 viewsParisBlue

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:55 - May 28 by CrayonKing

"dream"

Our only home defeat in a European competition?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 19:21 - May 28 with 1713 viewsITFC_Forever

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:25 - May 28 by EastTownBlue

I stand to be corrected, did Micky Stockwell make his 500th appearance for Town the last time we played against them ?

600th.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 19:22 - May 28 with 1713 viewsITFC_Forever

My first away game was at Vale Park.

New Year’s Day 1990, chucked it down all day and we lost 0-5.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 19:25 - May 28 with 1700 viewsEastTownBlue

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 19:22 - May 28 by ITFC_Forever

My first away game was at Vale Park.

New Year’s Day 1990, chucked it down all day and we lost 0-5.

The suggestion since was that the players enjoyed the celerations the night before a bit too much. A bit like the heavy Boxing Day defeat at Fulham way back.
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 19:40 - May 28 with 1653 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

All I can think about is the Tony Naylor commentary from their local reporter

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 19:54 - May 28 with 1603 viewsjaykay

in the 70s i use to visit my aunts and uncle who lived in stoke . use to go vale park in burslem with my cousins husband who was a vale ticket holder. then the next sat at the victoria ground with my uncle who was a stoke season ticket holder.
there use to be a social club or pub right in the ground called tommy cheadles . dont know if its still there

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 21:35 - May 28 with 1490 viewsStu_boy

Wasnt that the final season the anglo italian trophy occurred? 95/96
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 22:23 - May 28 with 1435 viewspatrickswell

Good chance of a decent away allocation at Vale Park too, which may not be the case at Exeter and definitely won't be at Forest Green.
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 22:43 - May 28 with 1394 viewsCrayonKing

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 19:13 - May 28 by ParisBlue

"dream"

Our only home defeat in a European competition?

Yep. Unbeaten in the group-stages (including a win against a Carlo Ancelotti managed Reggiana), only for Port Vale to do what Real Madrid, St Etienne, Inter Milan et al all failed to do!
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 08:38 - May 29 with 1161 viewsEdmundo

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:11 - May 28 by ParisBlue

I always liked playing Port Vale when John Rudge was their manager. Always tried to play football and would generally come to Portman Road and get thumped.

They were good yesterday against a poor Mansfield. Deserve it after what their manager, Darrell Clarke, went through at the turn of the year (daughter committed suicide aged 18). They are a real community club, like us. Unlike Norwich, rather than just trying to take full advantage of furlough, Vale gave out 500000 meals to those in need in the community. Class.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 08:54 - May 29 with 1128 viewsChurchman

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 18:52 - May 28 by Swansea_Blue

I didn't watch it but looking at the match report I think it's fair to say it wasn't Mansfield's finest day. That guy that got sent off must feel gutted, as it sounds like he made pointless rash challenges. Not that it sounds like it would have changed that much. I don't think I've ever been to Port Vale. It's not the worst to get to for me (everywhere's bad); quicker from Ipswich though.

Edit - just seen Bluebeat's post and realise it was our own Ollie Hawkins. Lol. I hadn't twigged.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 19:00]

Port Vale we’re good. Organised, decent team who well deserved their win. Had Hawkins stayed on one or two of the challenges later in the half might have earned a red anyway.

Mansfield gave it a go with 10 men second half, but PV were always in control. From Mansfield’s perspective, it was one of those days.

I had no idea that Vale’s manager had gone through such tragedy losing his daughter earlier in the year. So sad and I hope yesterday gave him a bit of joy in what must be such a dark time.
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 09:21 - May 29 with 1083 viewsSharkey

As a Colchester fan, I’m happy for Port Vale . 2 years ago, when the season was curtailed , they quickly agreed that Colchester should have the last play-off place despite Vale having a very good claim themself.Other leagues had a lot of bickering , but not League 2, where Vale in particular behaved with a lot of class.
A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 09:31 - May 29 with 1065 viewsmonty_radio

In which bit of Italy do I find this Porto Vale?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

A trip to the Potteries next season then. on 11:41 - May 29 with 930 viewsChateauWines

Fully confident we can pick up a cup there

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024