Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Game of the Season 18:17 - May 28 with 1804 viewsSheffordBlue

Now we know who is going to be in the League what's the first fixture everyone would like?

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

First Game of the Season on 18:22 - May 28 with 1783 viewsTheBoyBlue

Something akin to the fixture list we had the start of last season to give us a better chance of starting well. Except that didn't work out very well!

Therefore Derby, Peterborough, Barnsley, Sheff Weds, MK Dons....

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

First Game of the Season on 19:48 - May 28 with 1673 viewsGlasgowBlue

Logic dictates we would want a fairly easy game and avoid one of the "Big Hitters".

That said, if we did get Derby, Sheff Wed or another promotion favourite and beat them, then it would set the tone for the season. We beat Forest 3-1 in the first game of the 1999/2000 season and never really looked back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

First Game of the Season on 20:07 - May 28 with 1629 viewsSTYG

First Game of the Season on 18:22 - May 28 by TheBoyBlue

Something akin to the fixture list we had the start of last season to give us a better chance of starting well. Except that didn't work out very well!

Therefore Derby, Peterborough, Barnsley, Sheff Weds, MK Dons....

Home against a middling team. Burton and Shrewsbury or someone we can kick off with a nice 2-0 or 3-0.

It’s likely to be easier than a newly promoted club who are absolutely bang up for it.
First Game of the Season on 20:32 - May 28 with 1581 viewsParisBlue

First Game of the Season on 19:48 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Logic dictates we would want a fairly easy game and avoid one of the "Big Hitters".

That said, if we did get Derby, Sheff Wed or another promotion favourite and beat them, then it would set the tone for the season. We beat Forest 3-1 in the first game of the 1999/2000 season and never really looked back.

David Platt's Forest with lots of expensive Italian flops. Good memories of that day.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

First Game of the Season on 20:36 - May 28 with 1562 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Derby, Portsmouth or Peterborough away and a good win for us.

Need to stop worrying about who we are playing and win enough matches to get promoted.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

First Game of the Season on 00:19 - May 30 with 1341 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

First Game of the Season on 19:48 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Loved the sides 1998-2001, my best memories of being a fan, by far.
First Game of the Season on 08:18 - May 30 with 1181 viewsslaughteredskipper

Away to anyone! As I totally misjudged the start of the season and am away from the 24th - 31st!
First Game of the Season on 08:44 - May 30 with 1133 viewssolemio

Shefford v Campton (where I lived years ago)
Login to get fewer ads

First Game of the Season on 09:09 - May 30 with 1099 viewsclive_baker

First Game of the Season on 20:32 - May 28 by ParisBlue

David Platt's Forest with lots of expensive Italian flops. Good memories of that day.

Funny the games that stick in the memory. I remember that, lovely weather and there thinking we were a really good side, and so it proved with promotion. Naylor was quality that day.

Hopefully the same again this opening day. I’m going Port Vale at home.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

First Game of the Season on 09:41 - May 30 with 1040 viewsmarcus1642

Plymouth away would be my choice as the first game of the season. Followed 2 weeks later by Exeter away. Get these done early as possible in the season.
First Game of the Season on 10:00 - May 30 with 986 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Port Vale away.

They'll keep buzzing following the promotion. Would be a good home crowd. A ground we haven't been at for more than 20 years. Big away end.
First Game of the Season on 10:28 - May 30 with 943 viewsWarkystache

First Game of the Season on 10:00 - May 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Port Vale away.

They'll keep buzzing following the promotion. Would be a good home crowd. A ground we haven't been at for more than 20 years. Big away end.

It'll be Cheltenham away.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

First Game of the Season on 13:27 - May 30 with 855 viewslongtimefan

My wish for early games is always the same. Hope to get relegated teams early before they adjust and promoted teams as late as possible once they've been found out.
First Game of the Season on 13:36 - May 30 with 836 viewsjudespiveyg

Sheffield Wednesday away, provided it doesn't clash with a fixture for my Saturday side, and then ideally the midweek League Cup fixture at home vs anybody. I leave for a year of study in the States mid August so unless we make the play off final (or the FA Cup Final), the first game and the midweek League Cup fixture will be the only games I'll get to all season. Realistically I'm only going to go if its at Portman Road or gives me an excuse to make a quick visit to my uni town before I leave.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024