Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Warky Report: Going to see the Riverman (H) 22:38 - May 29 with 542 viewsWarkystache

Sorry it's late. I've got good Cognac, Nick Drake playing in the background and Paula snuggling close.

We've tested negative. This morning. The merest shadow still remains, a cough so slight that it may as well be fags, a lassitude so stretching it could still be with me next week and I might tell Birmingham a porky and say I'm still positive. For Monday at least. And possibly Tuesday. It's a three-day week for gawd's sake!

We're both cagey about re-entering this magical world of endless showers and sun. Paula hasn't seen her mum for a week and a bit. I think that's penance, frankly. We've been stuck at home (fnarr, fnarr as Finbarr Saunders would doubtless say, although opportunities for hiding the old purple ferret have been relatively small, thankfully, as we've also coincided with her menstrual cycle) for a week, generally making each other laugh with anecdotal bits and a slew of all the alcohol we found in those dark recesses that were tasted once and then never saw daylight again. Drambuie, Squid rum and the like. Plus a friend kindly dropped a half of hashish last Tuesday and we found a bong in my spare bedroom. It's been like the sixties all over. At least what I'd imagine the sixties were. Free love (if you don't mind the blood) and crap ready meals interspersed with highs so good, we now look vaguely chinese all the time. That 'new age shop' in Manningtree looks more attractive as we smoke. I fancy a vicuna smoking jacket and a tie-dyed kaftan.

Tel is absent from all this. One mention of a positive test and our relations were strictly conducted via phone, text and the occasional email. He actually took a video in the Indian on Friday, just to show how he and Mrs Tel were enjoying a nice meal without me. I sent him the sh*t emoji thing and said I'd be back soon enough. He's since complained the food had given Mrs Tel heartburn all weekend, so it looks like my place as his dining companion is safe for now.

No footy news. I watched the Forest play-off game as the Grand Prix looked a dead loss. Congrats but they'll come straight back down without significant (and here we're talking in the hundred millions) investment. Still, there's hope for us to finally climb away from League One. I've not heard any rumours about possible transfers and, to be frank, it doesn't seem to matter as much. We'll probably do good business. Just leave it in the capable hands of Ashton and McKenna. It's for the best.

My first walk since the positive test is planned for tomorrow. A walk down the river, possibly with dog walkers and their charges. Paula wants to come with me, which is nice. See the Riverman, going to tell him all I can, about the plan for feeling free. Sorry, that's a Nick Drake quote. I can't claim that as my own. Still. I can claim a nice companion and a decent breath of good local air. We might even admire the reeds and skim stones at Cattawade. Simple pleasures. Nice to do them anyway.

Speak soon. It's late and Paula thinks I'm replying to Terry. Can't let her in on this as well as everything else in my life. No, this is still sacrosanct. I only share this with you lot.

Take care and hopefully be back soon
Warky xxxx

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

The Warky Report: Going to see the Riverman (H) on 23:03 - May 29 with 488 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nice one Warkers....just read this to Miss Slave in bed in Croatia which makes a nice change. She was only asking earlier if there was any Covid news from the 2 of you.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024