Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today 10:24 - May 30 with 1700 viewsC_Jam_Blue

There has been plenty of talk about getting signings in early so are we expecting a flurry of signings over the next 3 weeks or will it be another end of August scramble?
Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 10:27 - May 30 with 1677 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Pre season starts 20th june? Must have missed that
Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 10:29 - May 30 with 1666 viewsBLUEGOLD

Transfer window opens on 10 June, so don’t expect much if any news before then
Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 10:29 - May 30 with 1663 viewsSitfcB

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 10:27 - May 30 by abracaDOBRA_

Yup first day back for the squad.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 10:34 - May 30 with 1632 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 10:29 - May 30 by SitfcB

Yup first day back for the squad.

Not that long away then, that's gone quick!
Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 11:47 - May 30 with 1478 viewsitfcjoe

Whilst you want signings in early, when you have the core of squad and team in place it's less of a big deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 13:35 - May 30 with 1258 viewsRadlett_blue

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 11:47 - May 30 by itfcjoe

Whilst you want signings in early, when you have the core of squad and team in place it's less of a big deal

Often dependent on lots of other factors, such as what other clubs are doing. Loans are even harder & often more likely to appear at the end of the window. Our must-haves are a left back/left wing back & 2 decent strikers. Presumably we will also be making a decision on taking up our option on Bakinson, as long as we can agree personal terms. I would like to see a decent striker landed before the end of June, but I don't think we need to fret too much as we have the basis of a strong side.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:06 - May 30 with 1181 viewscressi

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 13:35 - May 30 by Radlett_blue

Often dependent on lots of other factors, such as what other clubs are doing. Loans are even harder & often more likely to appear at the end of the window. Our must-haves are a left back/left wing back & 2 decent strikers. Presumably we will also be making a decision on taking up our option on Bakinson, as long as we can agree personal terms. I would like to see a decent striker landed before the end of June, but I don't think we need to fret too much as we have the basis of a strong side.

We have 5 or 6 starters here at present our league position would not say we have a good squad overall much to do this summer
Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:13 - May 30 with 1141 viewscatch74

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:06 - May 30 by cressi

We have 5 or 6 starters here at present our league position would not say we have a good squad overall much to do this summer

Very happy for
Walton, Burns, Donacien, Woolfenden, Edmundson, Morsy, Evans, Chaplin,
Aluko and even Jackson to start the first game. They won’t necessarily but that’s more than 5 or 6, only need a few quality signings surely?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:20 - May 30 with 1114 viewsjayessess

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:06 - May 30 by cressi

There are ways of improving your team that don't revolve around just endlessly churning your playing staff.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 14:20]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:40 - May 30 with 1061 viewsPioneerBlue

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 11:47 - May 30 by itfcjoe

Exactly.

Nothing like last season turning up with a few, all new faces, spending weeks getting to know each other. Higher the profile of the target, likely longer it will take especially if under contract. Imagine early in pre season they will want to look closely at Penny/Ndaba, Harper/Humphries, and work with Piggot (if still with us).

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:41 - May 30 with 1055 viewsRadlett_blue

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:20 - May 30 by jayessess

There are ways of improving your team that don't revolve around just endlessly churning your playing staff.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 14:20]

As McKenna has already shown. I am hopeful he doesn't feel the need to become Demolition Man II.

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:44 - May 30 with 1043 viewsjayessess

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:41 - May 30 by Radlett_blue

As McKenna has already shown. I am hopeful he doesn't feel the need to become Demolition Man II.

If we show up in August with just the players we currently have under contract, pretty confident we'd finish top 6 based on McKenna's coaching and tactics, plus the growing levels of cohesion in our squad. We do need to recruit for some positions and we will, but I'm comfortable with at least 16 players currently on our books being involved again next season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:48 - May 30 with 1035 viewschicoazul

We have a good core of 15 or so players now though, many of whom will be first choice picks, so it’s less of a big deal than in previous years.
We still need 7 or 8 in though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 15:00 - May 30 with 988 viewsRobTheMonk

Walton
Wolf
Donacien
Edmundson
Morsy
Burns
Chaplin

Probably all going to be in the starting lineup providing no one goes. That leaves a LB, a partner for Morsy (although you could say Evans will be in that role), Celina (or replacement) and a striker which we all know we need.
Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 15:06 - May 30 with 966 viewsDyland

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 14:48 - May 30 by chicoazul

We have a good core of 15 or so players now though, many of whom will be first choice picks, so it’s less of a big deal than in previous years.
We still need 7 or 8 in though.

suc

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 16:47 - May 30 with 855 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 10:27 - May 30 by abracaDOBRA_

It'd the world Cup isn't it.

FIFA robbing us all of a summer of football and cramming into the regular season so we're starting a bit early this year

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 18:28 - May 30 with 716 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 19:12 - May 30 with 638 viewsRadlett_blue

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 13:35 - May 30 by Radlett_blue

Well, well - I seem to have got my wish! The sort of big, powerful striker we need - Freddie Ladapo.

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 19:42 - May 30 with 591 viewsRyorry

Pre-season training starts 3 weeks today on 15:00 - May 30 by RobTheMonk

Walton
Wolf
Donacien
Edmundson
Morsy
Burns
Chaplin

Probably all going to be in the starting lineup providing no one goes. That leaves a LB, a partner for Morsy (although you could say Evans will be in that role), Celina (or replacement) and a striker which we all know we need.

Do we need to also go for another back-up GK? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024