Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan 05:53 - May 31 with 1302 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Obviously the change in ownership and management in 2021 is the best thing that's happened to our club in the last 20 years. However, as last season progressed it became clear that more and more fans wanted to attend not just home but away matches. Which is great of course, but it makes it very difficult if you are a Silver Member. I live at least a 3 hour drive from PR. Having been a Town fan since the late 60s, the only matches I struggled to get tickets for were (away) play-off games. But last season, with small allocations in League 1, it became common that tickets for away games were sold out before they got to sale for silver members. For many fans like me, it just isn't possible (or affordable) to buy a ST and get to all or most home matches.
No doubt there are some long distance season ticket holders - and hats off to you. But with fuel at £100 a tank, and work commitments , buying a ST for most long distance fans isn't an option.
Only Season ticket holders can get the enhanced ticket priority. I really hurt last season when I couldn't even buy tickets with Silver Membership for matches close to where I live as all had gone to those with "enhanced priority".
My thoughts are that (i) Silver members should be able to get enhanced priority for a small number of away matches per season or (ii) that the club should sell a points-based ticket which can be used to attend a certain number of home matches and the option to buy a Gold Membership with enhanced ticket priority.
Would many fans out there be interested in those? I can't be the only one in this situation.

Poll: would you rather

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 06:53 - May 31 with 1194 viewsSheffordBlue

I think Ashton talked about the memberships as being something they were looking at and I wouldn't be suprised to see a points based system come in for the 2023/24 season.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 06:58 - May 31 with 1178 viewsSitfcB

Find a season ticket holder who doesn’t go to away games and buy a gold card on their account?

Think all memberships etc will be overhauled for 22/23 season, Ashton said about it all at the fans forum. I reckon they’ll do a points thing.

I done something I said I’d never do yesterday and purchased a gold card, as did a couple of mates.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 08:22 - May 31 with 981 viewsBluebell

We always get gold cards.

My worry this season is that if we are not able to get onto the website at 10am on the day away tickets become available, they will all be sold out.

With so many people wanting to go to games now and some league 1 teams offering so few tickets, it’s going to be a nightmare getting tickets even with a gold card!
The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 08:23 - May 31 with 963 viewsunbelievablue

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 06:58 - May 31 by SitfcB

Find a season ticket holder who doesn’t go to away games and buy a gold card on their account?

Think all memberships etc will be overhauled for 22/23 season, Ashton said about it all at the fans forum. I reckon they’ll do a points thing.

I done something I said I’d never do yesterday and purchased a gold card, as did a couple of mates.

I was going to suggest this. I bought a ST but doubt I'll buy a Gold Card, so he's welcome to do it on mine.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 08:50 - May 31 with 869 viewsSitfcB

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 08:22 - May 31 by Bluebell

We always get gold cards.

My worry this season is that if we are not able to get onto the website at 10am on the day away tickets become available, they will all be sold out.

With so many people wanting to go to games now and some league 1 teams offering so few tickets, it’s going to be a nightmare getting tickets even with a gold card!

Surely they will limit the number of good cards sold, you’d hope.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 09:45 - May 31 with 713 viewsellaandred

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 08:23 - May 31 by unbelievablue

I was going to suggest this. I bought a ST but doubt I'll buy a Gold Card, so he's welcome to do it on mine.

I have a ST and a Gold Card. I doubt I will go to every away game (otherwise I'd have bought the Ultimate Card)
The issue, I have, is 'lending' my Gold Card to someone I don't know who is 'representing' me. He/she causes an issue and I'm (possibly) penalised.
The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 09:48 - May 31 with 699 viewsKeno

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 09:45 - May 31 by ellaandred

I have a ST and a Gold Card. I doubt I will go to every away game (otherwise I'd have bought the Ultimate Card)
The issue, I have, is 'lending' my Gold Card to someone I don't know who is 'representing' me. He/she causes an issue and I'm (possibly) penalised.

Just don’t lend it to someone next to Sitters, they always cause trouble

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 15:23 - May 31 with 518 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The McKenna/GC20 revolution and impact on Silver Members & long distance fan on 09:48 - May 31 by Keno

Just don’t lend it to someone next to Sitters, they always cause trouble

With some of the L1 ticket allocations, every ITFC fan will be sitting somewhere near Sitters...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024