Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. 09:31 - May 31 with 3001 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Escpecially with a bunch a negative comments from fans of his former clubs.

I think we have to assume it was looked at by KMcK and Ashton before he signed and they think they can handle it, if indeed it even is a 'thing'.

Also I think the way the club is at the moment the players themselves are a tight knit group. I can't imagine they'd tolerate any kind of disruption coming in the door. Can't see the likes of Morsy putting up with it.

And then there's Freddie himself. He's just signed a 3 year deal at a club that have been installed as favourites for the division. He'll be playing infront of 20k+ every week under a coach that was working with Ronaldo last year, if he's got an ego that should go some way to sating it.

I think he'll do fine.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:36 - May 31 with 2265 viewsUB9Blue

I think that there were similar comments about Bakinson when he signed and in fairness he seemed to get better during his stay here, possible because of how he was managed and trained?
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:41 - May 31 with 2217 viewshype313

Who wants to live in Rotherham?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:42 - May 31 with 2217 viewsJ2BLUE

People love parroting the opinions of other clubs as if it gives them some sort of special insight that no on else has.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:45 - May 31 with 2185 viewsVic

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:42 - May 31 by J2BLUE

People love parroting the opinions of other clubs as if it gives them some sort of special insight that no on else has.

And do those few fans on a message board represent the regular fan base? Probably not if hey are like some of the more vocal on here at times!!

Id be interested to know what they thought of him when he was banging in 19 goals in Lg 1 and 9 in the champ, and even earlier last season before he put his transfer request in.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:45 - May 31 with 2179 viewsJakeITFC

I bet he's lazy too.
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:49 - May 31 with 2146 viewsKeno

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:45 - May 31 by JakeITFC

I bet he's lazy too.

Ashtons choice init!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:52 - May 31 with 2133 viewsSTYG

David McGoldrick is the laziest f***ing player I have ever seen. Rarely impacts the game. Doesn't look like he can be bothered. Offers nothing. That was the gist of what Forest fans seemed to agree on, even ignoring how well he'd seemingly performed at Coventry.

I also saw rave reviews about Piggott (from Dons forum) and how he'd score 25-30 in a side near the top. Some Fleetwood fans thought Burns wasn't going to get any better that a reasonable League One player, which is clearly not the case.

An actual paid football manager, Paul Lambert, didn't rate Donacien and I myself was happy to see Jackson go at Christmas. I wouldn't have been too sad if Wolf had walked too, given that I thought he'd lost his way and his talent was being wasted.

I was also far more excited when Paz rocked up that Treacle.

So who knows. What I do trust is McKenna, Ashton and the scouting team. If they've identified Ladapo who (even if we accept has an 'attitude' has averaged 13 goals a season in the last four years, one of which was a respectable 9 in a relegated Championship side).

I've long since stopped bothering to write players off before we see them play and after Wolf, Jackson et al, I'm also trying to learn not to assume those who've done nothing of late won't suddenly improve. Except Piggott. I see nothing there at all!
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:54 - May 31 with 2112 viewsSTYG

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:49 - May 31 by Keno

Ashtons choice init!!

I'm just waiting for the suggestion that Lapado once scored against Bristol City so this is why Ashton forced him upon McKenna lol.
Login to get fewer ads

naughty on 09:55 - May 31 with 2112 viewsDyland

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:45 - May 31 by JakeITFC

I bet he's lazy too.

;)

Surprised (or not really) to see so many saying he'll do as a squad player. Er, have they forgotten what division we're in, what happened last season, and... er, well, what Lapado did for, hmmm, er a promoted side. He'll play, and quite right too. Clearly fits the system, and is what we need for the time being. Clearly got some talent, and can be coached to improve.

It's a good signing, and yes of course there will be another striker incoming.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:56 - May 31 with 2092 viewsDyland

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:52 - May 31 by STYG

David McGoldrick is the laziest f***ing player I have ever seen. Rarely impacts the game. Doesn't look like he can be bothered. Offers nothing. That was the gist of what Forest fans seemed to agree on, even ignoring how well he'd seemingly performed at Coventry.

I also saw rave reviews about Piggott (from Dons forum) and how he'd score 25-30 in a side near the top. Some Fleetwood fans thought Burns wasn't going to get any better that a reasonable League One player, which is clearly not the case.

An actual paid football manager, Paul Lambert, didn't rate Donacien and I myself was happy to see Jackson go at Christmas. I wouldn't have been too sad if Wolf had walked too, given that I thought he'd lost his way and his talent was being wasted.

So who knows. What I do trust is McKenna, Ashton and the scouting team. If they've identified Ladapo who (even if we accept has an 'attitude' has averaged 13 goals a season in the last four years, one of which was a respectable 9 in a relegated Championship side).

I've long since stopped bothering to write players off before we see them play and after Wolf, Jackson et al, I'm also trying to learn not to assume those who've done nothing of late won't suddenly improve. Except Piggott. I see nothing there at all!

"I was also far more excited when Paz rocked up that Treacle.'

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:57 - May 31 with 2073 viewsHipsterectomy

Tbf if he can get 15 goals in a season and with a club he doesn’t care about and with an attitude that he’s too good to be there, imagine what he can do when he’s happy and wants to do well 😂

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:57 - May 31 with 2069 viewsSTYG

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:56 - May 31 by Dyland

I was also far more excited by Paz after Taricco's catastrophic debut against lower league Bolton!

There were people here in August laughing at Aluko and saying how past it he was.

Ultimately, what do we know. I definitely trust Kieran!
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:59 - May 31 with 2054 viewsSTYG

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:57 - May 31 by Hipsterectomy

Tbf if he can get 15 goals in a season and with a club he doesn’t care about and with an attitude that he’s too good to be there, imagine what he can do when he’s happy and wants to do well 😂

Can never underestimate the home factor as well.

Don't know anything about him other than he's from Romford, but if his parents, siblings, friends etc are nearby and he gets to be be back close to them, it might just elevate him to another level.

Look at McGoldrick being that much nearer to Nottingham and not driving back and forward twice a week or whatever it was. Ended up being one of the stars of a Premier League side that stayed up! For us he was barely fit from week to week.

[Post edited 31 May 2022 10:03]
totes buh on 09:59 - May 31 with 2046 viewsDyland

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:57 - May 31 by STYG

I was also far more excited by Paz after Taricco's catastrophic debut against lower league Bolton!

There were people here in August laughing at Aluko and saying how past it he was.

nft

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 10:00 - May 31 with 2043 viewsMediocre_Quick

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:41 - May 31 by hype313

Who wants to live in Rotherham?

He didn't, he travelled from Romford most weeks
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 10:07 - May 31 with 2000 viewsGarv

Let's just put it down to having to play for a club like Rotherham.

34 goals in 104 games in three years there, a third of which coming in the Championship. Arguably worth a gamble, if it even is one.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 10:19 - May 31 with 1893 viewsnshearman1

His name's Ladapo, not Lapado
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 10:26 - May 31 with 1851 viewsHighgateBlue

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:56 - May 31 by Dyland

To be fair, I think most people were at the time! And then Paz was a huge disappointment, and Treacle was a fantastic revelation!
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 10:36 - May 31 with 1784 viewsOriginalMarkyP

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:57 - May 31 by STYG

I was excited by Paz, but also slightly alarmed by the resemblence he bore to LA serial killer The Night Stalker

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 10:40 - May 31 with 1763 viewsDyland

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 10:26 - May 31 by HighgateBlue

To be fair, I think most people were at the time! And then Paz was a huge disappointment, and Treacle was a fantastic revelation!

Aye hindsight is everything Gaters ;)

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 11:31 - May 31 with 1582 viewsPrideOfTheEast

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 10:07 - May 31 by Garv

Let's just put it down to having to play for a club like Rotherham.

34 goals in 104 games in three years there, a third of which coming in the Championship. Arguably worth a gamble, if it even is one.

Rotherham is a very well run club incidentally. Presumably at his age he wouldn't be getting too many chances to join somewhere like Sheff Weds so you can see why that might have annoyed him.
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 11:39 - May 31 with 1521 viewsChurchman

As with Ashton, I will take as I find (more correctly see) with Lapado.

I’ve long since learned from personal experience that people are often not as they are reputed to be.

I’m sure the club will have done its homework.
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 12:17 - May 31 with 1392 viewsgosblue

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:57 - May 31 by Hipsterectomy

He likes to watch video playbacks, so if he gets a bit uppity, show him the Morsy sending off v Accrington. He’ll learn that if he upsets the Skipper, he’ll get the chop.
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 12:20 - May 31 with 1378 viewsSPEX_Blue

A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 09:52 - May 31 by STYG

Good post
A lot of people picking up on Lapado's 'attitude'. on 12:25 - May 31 with 1345 viewspennblue

I think 'ego' / 'confidence' is a fine line for sure, but you want your striker to be fairly confident in themselves. Scoring goals is all about confidence.

His comment about 'bringing a winning mentality' - well it might upset a few but let's have this right, we finished 11th last season, and we could have gone on a winning run into the play offs, we didn't. So he is right, that we do need a winning mentality. If he calls that out, I am fine with it.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024