Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointing to see Jamma 09:50 - May 31 with 7340 viewsitfc_bucks

digging out the tin foil hat.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:01 - May 31 with 4315 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Disappointing to see.

Maybe he’s been watching Russell Brand on YouTube, who’s gone from painfully unfunny ‘comedian’
to full time conspiracy pushing simpleton.
Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:13 - May 31 with 4231 viewsStokieBlue

That's very sad to see, always liked Jamma as a player but that's hugely disappointing.

Unfortunately we are now in a position where social media has allowed the pushing of so much misinformation that when something worse than covid comes along (and it definitely will at some point) that it's going to be a real struggle to get large portions of the population in Western countries to accept any vaccine unless said virus has a very high mortality rate.

The other day the BBC put out an article countering myths around vaccines and one that is being pushed is that it's no surprise that monkeypox is on the rise when some of the covid vaccines used an underyling chimp virus. The science behind that is so bad it's hard to know where to start but it's enough to start the misinformation train and unfortunately many are ready to buy a ticket and board.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:22 - May 31 with 4157 viewsnoggin

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:13 - May 31 by StokieBlue

That's very sad to see, always liked Jamma as a player but that's hugely disappointing.

Unfortunately we are now in a position where social media has allowed the pushing of so much misinformation that when something worse than covid comes along (and it definitely will at some point) that it's going to be a real struggle to get large portions of the population in Western countries to accept any vaccine unless said virus has a very high mortality rate.

The other day the BBC put out an article countering myths around vaccines and one that is being pushed is that it's no surprise that monkeypox is on the rise when some of the covid vaccines used an underyling chimp virus. The science behind that is so bad it's hard to know where to start but it's enough to start the misinformation train and unfortunately many are ready to buy a ticket and board.

SB

I'm currently being assessed for autism spectrum disorder and have been shocked to discover the numbers of people who refuse to vaccinate their children due to being convinced it causes autism. A very dangerous conspiracy theory.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:39 - May 31 with 4013 viewswkj

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:22 - May 31 by noggin

I'm currently being assessed for autism spectrum disorder and have been shocked to discover the numbers of people who refuse to vaccinate their children due to being convinced it causes autism. A very dangerous conspiracy theory.

I had the same experience. Way back in the day, nutters had to gather in a church car park and get laughed at - now they get a global platform with robots doing the moderating.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:42 - May 31 with 3977 viewsElderGrizzly

Already been flagged as violating twitter rules for misinformation.

Which will of course will just make the morons even more entrenched
Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:44 - May 31 with 3955 viewsunbelievablue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:39 - May 31 by wkj

I had the same experience. Way back in the day, nutters had to gather in a church car park and get laughed at - now they get a global platform with robots doing the moderating.

Wouldn't call TWTD global, but Gav is definitely a bot.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:54 - May 31 with 3859 viewswkj

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:44 - May 31 by unbelievablue

Wouldn't call TWTD global, but Gav is definitely a bot.

The man is a machine, no doubt

Crybaby

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:58 - May 31 with 3821 viewsRyorry

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:42 - May 31 by ElderGrizzly

Already been flagged as violating twitter rules for misinformation.

Which will of course will just make the morons even more entrenched

They'll probably also be refuelled by BBC R4 yesterday interviewing the husband of a woman who did unfortunately die from Covid vaccination (they said there have been 70 such cases in total in the UK).

In fairness the man did say he could see the overall beneficial big picture of vaccination far outweighing the few fatal adverse reactions, but no doubt the anti-vaxxers won't have listened to that, just taken from the headline what they want.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Disappointing to see Jamma on 11:01 - May 31 with 3800 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

My goodness, his twitter is a painful read.

I wouldn't recommend

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Disappointing to see Jamma on 11:25 - May 31 with 3657 viewsIllinoisblue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 11:01 - May 31 by TRUE_BLUE123

My goodness, his twitter is a painful read.

I wouldn't recommend

Holy moly. Just had a look. He’s more deranged and misguided than Le Tissier. Quite sad how people get sucked in

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Disappointing to see Jamma on 11:38 - May 31 with 3559 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:01 - May 31 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Disappointing to see.

Maybe he’s been watching Russell Brand on YouTube, who’s gone from painfully unfunny ‘comedian’
to full time conspiracy pushing simpleton.

No he hasn't. I don't watch regularly but I've seen nothing anti-vax from Russell Brand (other than supporting people's right to choose).
[Post edited 31 May 2022 11:48]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 11:55 - May 31 with 3474 viewsJohnWarksTash

Unfortunately he blocked me and called me all the names under the sun because I called out his lunacy. Really disappointing when people you admire as a kid turn out to be not who you thought. Good player....but.....
Disappointing to see Jamma on 13:15 - May 31 with 3151 viewsBlueBadger

Disappointing to see Jamma on 11:38 - May 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

No he hasn't. I don't watch regularly but I've seen nothing anti-vax from Russell Brand (other than supporting people's right to choose).
[Post edited 31 May 2022 11:48]

Ah yes, he's a 'free thinker'

[Post edited 31 May 2022 15:17]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Disappointing to see Jamma on 13:16 - May 31 with 3139 viewsPlums

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:58 - May 31 by Ryorry

They'll probably also be refuelled by BBC R4 yesterday interviewing the husband of a woman who did unfortunately die from Covid vaccination (they said there have been 70 such cases in total in the UK).

In fairness the man did say he could see the overall beneficial big picture of vaccination far outweighing the few fatal adverse reactions, but no doubt the anti-vaxxers won't have listened to that, just taken from the headline what they want.

I used to work with this guy. I don't think the message could be much stronger here.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/57840205

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Disappointing to see Jamma on 13:19 - May 31 with 3122 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Would the biggest coincidence be that vaccinated people do not tend to catch and die from the diseases that they are vaccinated against?

How did we get to the position that so many people have had enough of experts and will listen to some random nutter instead?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Disappointing to see Jamma on 13:40 - May 31 with 3052 viewsBonneNIL

This will be disappointing for most to read, but I have it on good authority that a good number of our players are in fact unvaccinated and are skeptics, which is a trend among most professional footballers even down to the National League. It's not widely talked about either.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Disappointing to see Jamma on 13:57 - May 31 with 2956 viewswkj

Disappointing to see Jamma on 13:40 - May 31 by BonneNIL

This will be disappointing for most to read, but I have it on good authority that a good number of our players are in fact unvaccinated and are skeptics, which is a trend among most professional footballers even down to the National League. It's not widely talked about either.

I don't think 'i have it on good authority' means 'in my opinion'. I have it on good authority that many try to use this phrase interchangeably.

Crybaby

Disappointing to see Jamma on 14:27 - May 31 with 2890 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:58 - May 31 by Ryorry

A close friend of mine died after seizures, including the second, massive, one when I was with him.

He was a retired Consultant Anaesthetist, a huge advocate for vaccination and in fact his daughter (also a doctor) had volunteered for the first trial of Moderna.

Even after his first seizure he was still saying that everybody should get the vaccine.

Had there been no vaccine then he would probably still be alive (he was clearly prone to clotting as an immune response, so he may have had a similar response when he would have inevitably have caught Covid had there been no vaccine) but many more people would have died.

He was a Doctor. He knew that it was a numbers game, and he lost, but he still thought everybody should buy a ticket.

(It wasn't his wife featured on R4, was it Ryorry?)
Disappointing to see Jamma on 14:39 - May 31 with 2856 viewsRyorry

Disappointing to see Jamma on 14:27 - May 31 by ArnoldMoorhen

A close friend of mine died after seizures, including the second, massive, one when I was with him.

He was a retired Consultant Anaesthetist, a huge advocate for vaccination and in fact his daughter (also a doctor) had volunteered for the first trial of Moderna.

Even after his first seizure he was still saying that everybody should get the vaccine.

Had there been no vaccine then he would probably still be alive (he was clearly prone to clotting as an immune response, so he may have had a similar response when he would have inevitably have caught Covid had there been no vaccine) but many more people would have died.

He was a Doctor. He knew that it was a numbers game, and he lost, but he still thought everybody should buy a ticket.

What a terrible loss Arnold, my condolences. From what you said he was a wonderful person.

No, it was a man who was interviewed, speaking about his wife (different person & different interview to the one above posted by deliasplums).
[Post edited 31 May 2022 14:51]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Disappointing to see Jamma on 14:49 - May 31 with 2820 viewsDanTheMan

Disappointing to see Jamma on 11:25 - May 31 by Illinoisblue

Holy moly. Just had a look. He’s more deranged and misguided than Le Tissier. Quite sad how people get sucked in

Off the deep end.

Really sad to see.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Disappointing to see Jamma on 14:53 - May 31 with 2799 viewsunbelievablue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 14:27 - May 31 by ArnoldMoorhen

That's really sad, sorry.

What many people don't seem to understand (although he clearly did) was that the numbers game is so incredibly in favour of vaccination (and even more so in the Covid case) that not taking it based on any potential side effects was one of the most illogical decisions one could make.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Disappointing to see Jamma on 22:31 - May 31 with 2429 viewsitfc_bucks

Dealing with all the big issues...

Disappointing to see Jamma on 22:39 - May 31 with 2389 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 13:40 - May 31 by BonneNIL

I think it has been mentioned a few times. Not sure about specifically with regards to our players aside from (I think) Celina.

It has been suggested that rich, generally poorer educated people with a lot of time on their hands are more susceptible to the conspiracies. It would seem to be prevalent among sportspeople rather than just footballers. Which is bizarre considering how much they are willing to accept being done to their bodies in order to succeed at their sport. Currently No-vax Djokovic is on TV in the French Open.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Disappointing to see Jamma on 23:01 - May 31 with 2338 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Disappointing to see Jamma on 10:13 - May 31 by StokieBlue

SB

I had no idea about the chimp virus.....blimey!
Edit...
Cripes!
https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/
...it must be an unlucky coincidence that this pox has materialised in so many countries at the same time.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 23:15]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Disappointing to see Jamma on 23:38 - May 31 with 2274 viewsZXBlue

Disappointing to see Jamma on 23:01 - May 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

I had no idea about the chimp virus.....blimey!
Edit...
Cripes!
https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/
...it must be an unlucky coincidence that this pox has materialised in so many countries at the same time.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 23:15]

What?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024