Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes 12:26 - May 31 with 566 viewsfactual_blue

Although I did spend several happy holidays there as a child back in the late fifties.*

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/man-may-never-return-cleeth

That's the 1950s for the ageists amongst you, not the 1850s, 1750s or any earlier period, be that CE or BCE.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 12:29 - May 31 with 544 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I can imagine few things worse than being stuck in Cleethorpes.

Lowie and Grimsby itself go without saying, obviously.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 12:37 - May 31 with 515 viewsIllinoisblue

“Man a bit late home after day out” would have been a more pleasing headline

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 12:46 - May 31 with 500 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 12:37 - May 31 by Illinoisblue

“Man a bit late home after day out” would have been a more pleasing headline

I remember running round the empty ballroom of the now-demolished Royal Hotel with my two cousins, whose parents ran it.

Famous guests at the hotel in the late '50s/early '60s include ....er...Rolf Harris apparently.

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 13:23 - May 31 with 445 viewsGuthrum

Remember spending a jolly day there, being sand-blasted on the beach, while the sea had retreated far off into the grey murk.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 14:04 - May 31 with 398 viewsIllinoisblue

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 12:46 - May 31 by factual_blue

I remember running round the empty ballroom of the now-demolished Royal Hotel with my two cousins, whose parents ran it.

Famous guests at the hotel in the late '50s/early '60s include ....er...Rolf Harris apparently.

* tries to weave in a didgeridoo joke but thinks better of it *

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 14:10 - May 31 with 391 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure we've all felt the same about Cleethorpes on 13:23 - May 31 by Guthrum

Remember spending a jolly day there, being sand-blasted on the beach, while the sea had retreated far off into the grey murk.

They used to have decommissioned landing craft thingys, decorated as whales etc to drive you out the 74 miles (approx) to the water's edge at low tide.

Used to be a lido and a model train on the front too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024