Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else got a cold from hell? 12:32 - May 31 with 1623 viewsGavTWTD

Been feeling bad for over a month. Now developed into a tickly throat and bad chesty cough. Ribs ache with all the coughing. Now my hearing is going too. Tested negative several times with pcr and lft.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 12:38 - May 31 with 1588 viewsN2_Blue

This sounds like exactly what I had.

I got ill 4 weeks ago after going out for drinks in a pub. I tested every day for a week certain it was COVID but everything was negative.

I very rarely get ill but the the cold lasted about 10 days and was a really heavy one. However a month later it has not fully cleared and the most annoying thing is i have a tickly/chesty cough that just doesn't go away. I cough a few times every hour and i'm sick of it to be honest as it doesn't actually show any sign of going away. Apart from the cough i just about feel normal again though at least.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 12:47 - May 31 with 1547 viewsParky

Sounds exactly like what I’ve had for the last week, or so. Feeling a little better today, still got the chesty cough however.
Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 12:59 - May 31 with 1495 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 12:38 - May 31 by N2_Blue

This sounds like exactly what I had.

I got ill 4 weeks ago after going out for drinks in a pub. I tested every day for a week certain it was COVID but everything was negative.

I very rarely get ill but the the cold lasted about 10 days and was a really heavy one. However a month later it has not fully cleared and the most annoying thing is i have a tickly/chesty cough that just doesn't go away. I cough a few times every hour and i'm sick of it to be honest as it doesn't actually show any sign of going away. Apart from the cough i just about feel normal again though at least.

My friend had something similar. She's now got covid ams said it's far better than whatever she did have.

Worst she had felt in years, cough, cold, testing negative couldn't sleep.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 14:31 - May 31 with 1367 viewsRegencyBlue

Sounds like what me and the wife had a few weeks ago, and then we got Covid!

Covid wasn’t great but the cough we both had before was much worse. GP said there are a lot of ‘nasties’ going round at the minute, in addition to Covid.
Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 15:47 - May 31 with 1282 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 14:31 - May 31 by RegencyBlue

Sounds like what me and the wife had a few weeks ago, and then we got Covid!

Covid wasn’t great but the cough we both had before was much worse. GP said there are a lot of ‘nasties’ going round at the minute, in addition to Covid.

The result of not being in close proximity to strangers for extended periods. A drop in immunity to other bugs and the like. Was very much expected as a consequence of the pandemic.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 15:50 - May 31 with 1274 viewsJakeITFC

I seem to have had a cold for two days a week for about the last five weeks.

Really weird, different-ish symptoms every time, with this week being a horrible sore throat. Get it for a few days and then feel fine.
Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 15:54 - May 31 with 1264 viewsjeera

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 15:47 - May 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

The result of not being in close proximity to strangers for extended periods. A drop in immunity to other bugs and the like. Was very much expected as a consequence of the pandemic.

Quite. There's a lot going about as they say.

I know from experience in the past when I was all but housebound for a while it seemed every time I went out I caught something or other!

Like you say, takes a little time for the body to readjust.

Mind you, if the public had learned better hygiene too from the past two years that would help.

Eye witness accounts tells me not everyone bothers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 16:47 - May 31 with 1187 viewsOldsmoker

This is a disease that I thought the NHS had eradicated.

You've got the Lurgy.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 16:47]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 16:54 - May 31 with 1167 viewsmylittletown

Same here.
It has been going on for almost a month.
All of the other cold symptoms have faded, but the nasty chest cough is still with me. Have tested Negative for COVID with lft. Doc says it is just a nasty cold.
Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 06:56 - Jun 1 with 885 viewsBaltachaFanClub

My partner had this for about 3 weeks, ended up with going to the doctors who said she had a lung infection.

No sooner did she finish her course of antibiotics, but I began to feel unwell..

It won’t seem to go

this is not a football forum, its a forum for people who occasionally mention football. Current cheese mood - Blacksticks Blue
Poll: What happens more in the average week ?
Blog: It's Not R*********, It's the Promise of an Adventure

Anyone else got a cold from hell? on 07:09 - Jun 1 with 872 viewsKieran_Knows

The missus had one a few weeks back. In the space of 3 weeks she has this stinking cold, and then caught COVID. Tongue in cheek, she said if that was what COVID was, she’d prefer it over the cold she had. With COVID she simply just had a tickly cough, whereas the cold she was knocked off her feet for 3-4 days.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024