Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters 16:50 - May 31 with 1373 viewsgtsb1966

Nice to see he's putting the country , and not himself, first.
https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1531615589105643520?ref_src=twsrc
Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 16:52 - May 31 with 1332 viewspointofblue

Interesting second tweet from Paul Brand - in order to promote you have to demote.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 16:56 - May 31 with 1308 viewsStokieBlue

Hugely selfish and inadequate individual in selfish actions shocker.

I think it's too late now though, the 54 letters are in or extremely close and I suspect there will be a vote next week. He could well survive but it'll come down to how many Tory MPs think they might lose their seats rather than any moral burden which has suddenly overcome them.

I think the reports of even more uninvestigated parties along with his total refusal to pay anything more than lip-service to him doing anything wrong might have pushed the number of letters over the threshold.

I don't really care who replaces him if it happens, I just want him gone.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:04 - May 31 with 1284 viewsjeera

DaveU needs investigating.

Edit: I have received an upvote on another thread from the anonymous poster himself.

[Post edited 31 May 2022 17:06]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:06 - May 31 with 1275 viewsgtsb1966

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 16:56 - May 31 by StokieBlue

Hugely selfish and inadequate individual in selfish actions shocker.

I think it's too late now though, the 54 letters are in or extremely close and I suspect there will be a vote next week. He could well survive but it'll come down to how many Tory MPs think they might lose their seats rather than any moral burden which has suddenly overcome them.

I think the reports of even more uninvestigated parties along with his total refusal to pay anything more than lip-service to him doing anything wrong might have pushed the number of letters over the threshold.

I don't really care who replaces him if it happens, I just want him gone.

SB

You would think that every MP that currently occupies a red wall seat would put a letter in. I know I would.
Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:09 - May 31 with 1249 viewshype313

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:06 - May 31 by gtsb1966

You would think that every MP that currently occupies a red wall seat would put a letter in. I know I would.

I would if I was in a Blue wall!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:09 - May 31 with 1253 viewsStokieBlue

I'd prefer that they put a letter in because he's an incompetent liar who should be nowhere near the office of PM rather than worrying about losing their seats and their own political careers.

SB
[Post edited 31 May 2022 17:12]

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:10 - May 31 with 1244 viewsgtsb1966

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:09 - May 31 by StokieBlue

I'd prefer that they put a letter in because he's an incompetent liar who should be nowhere near the office of PM rather than worrying about losing their seats and their own political careers.

SB
[Post edited 31 May 2022 17:12]

This is the Tory party we're talking about......but yes so would I.
Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:27 - May 31 with 1189 viewsfactual_blue

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 17:04 - May 31 by jeera

DaveU needs investigating.

Edit: I have received an upvote on another thread from the anonymous poster himself.

[Post edited 31 May 2022 17:06]

That happened to me, and I just changed my post to being one about what a complete idiot boris is.

The upvote remained.

Go on, you know you want to....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 19:40 - May 31 with 1033 viewsBlueBadger

I'm astonished that Tom Rhyming-Slang hasn't, given the notoriously swing-y nature of Ipswich as a seat and his own utter lack of interest in the town(that could have potentially been a city, if he'd backed the bid).
[Post edited 31 May 2022 21:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 19:43 - May 31 with 1022 viewspointofblue

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 19:40 - May 31 by BlueBadger

I'm astonished that Tom Rhyming-Slang hasn't, given the notoriously swing-y nature of Ipswich as a seat and his own utter lack of interest in the town(that could have potentially been a city, if he'd backed the bid).
[Post edited 31 May 2022 21:05]

I guess it’s because he has no interest in Ipswich. Toe the line and lick a*se, he might get a safer seat once he loses here.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 20:15 - May 31 with 964 viewsGlasgowBlue

A good thread on this subject.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 21:09 - May 31 with 871 viewsSwansea_Blue

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 16:52 - May 31 by pointofblue

Interesting second tweet from Paul Brand - in order to promote you have to demote.

Yep. He’s not going to find it easy to appease 54 dissenting MPs and retain his already promoted sycophantic support when there are only 21 places up for grabs in the cabinet. Lots of promises of knighthoods may be on the cards.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 09:02 - Jun 1 with 650 viewsPinewoodblue

Are we certain that Johnson would lose a vote of no confidence when one is held?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 09:04 - Jun 1 with 648 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 09:02 - Jun 1 by Pinewoodblue

Are we certain that Johnson would lose a vote of no confidence when one is held?

Definitely not sure that he would.

However having one tends to be bad longer term for the PM even if they win. Teresa May won and was gone within the year.

Once the seeds are sown.....

SB

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 09:10 - Jun 1 with 621 viewsKeno

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 09:04 - Jun 1 by StokieBlue

Definitely not sure that he would.

However having one tends to be bad longer term for the PM even if they win. Teresa May won and was gone within the year.

Once the seeds are sown.....

SB

cant remember which analyst I was reading was saying him winning a vote if is almost the night mare outcome for the tories

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Johnson trying to bribe his dissenters on 09:17 - Jun 1 with 614 viewsChurchman

I like the idea that there might be promotion if somebody supports him. If he or anyone else tried to bribe me like that I’d head for the hills.

Anyway, it’s a bit like being offered a promotion on the Titanic as the bows dip under the water. Pointless.

The man is an idiot. He is also toast.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 9:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024