Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… 13:56 - Jun 1 with 6228 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57833/end-of-term-

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:00 - Jun 1 with 4884 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/285332/dom-ball--

See also… very Complimentary about him

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:01 - Jun 1 with 4846 viewsportmanking

Sounds like the new Cole Skuse to me. I'll very much take that as a solid squad player.
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:01 - Jun 1 with 4839 viewsSteve_M

"Ball can play right side of the defence, centre back, and central midfield."

Whilst there's obvious versatility, I wonder if being an alternative to Donacien is part of the attraction.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:03 - Jun 1 with 4796 viewsitfcsuth

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:00 - Jun 1 by TRUE_BLUE123

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/285332/dom-ball--

They were very complimentary on Twitter when the club announced he was leaving. Very much got the sense he was ultimate professional, does the basics very well, certainly a deeper lying midfielder, and gave absolutely everything for shirt when he played.

I think he'll be a good operator at this level, and am sure he will have attracted some Championship interest.
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:05 - Jun 1 with 4752 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Every qpr fan ive seen comment has been speaking highly of him and said he'd give his all every game. Some said he would be a fan fav too!
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:13 - Jun 1 with 4558 viewswkj

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:01 - Jun 1 by portmanking

Sounds like the new Cole Skuse to me. I'll very much take that as a solid squad player.

~~ Return of the Mach ~~

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:21 - Jun 1 with 4462 viewsBiGDonnie

FFS, let's hope not.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:28 - Jun 1 with 4411 viewswrightsrightglove

Certainly looks like we’re adding some physicality and grit to the team with these two signings, looks like we’ve realised we need a bit of that to deal with some of the teams we’ll come up against.
Login to get fewer ads

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:36 - Jun 1 with 4330 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Feels like he's achieved bit of a cult status there doesn't it

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Let's hope so. (n/t) on 14:38 - Jun 1 with 4312 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:42 - Jun 1 with 4267 viewsJ2BLUE

The fact they would happily have kept him for a place on the bench is encouraging.

I shall watch with interest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:54 - Jun 1 with 4172 viewsGuthrum

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:03 - Jun 1 by itfcsuth

They were very complimentary on Twitter when the club announced he was leaving. Very much got the sense he was ultimate professional, does the basics very well, certainly a deeper lying midfielder, and gave absolutely everything for shirt when he played.

I think he'll be a good operator at this level, and am sure he will have attracted some Championship interest.

Perhaps the idea is for him to sit deeper, allowing Morsy greater freedom to get up the pitch (and score more goals)?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 15:04 - Jun 1 with 4067 viewsGavTWTD

Sad to see him move on, but maybe that lack of gametime this season hurts (and rightly so)

Would have had him in the team ahead of Dozzy personally, and there have been plenty of games where he might have done better than Johansen, which wasn't hard

Good luck wherever you end up Dom and thanks

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 15:06 - Jun 1 with 4038 viewsRobTheMonk

Seems like a good signing. QPR had a respectable mid table championship finish and they seem gutted to see him go. Could be a shrewed signing and will offer us some height in both boxes.
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 15:07 - Jun 1 with 4016 viewsSTYG

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 15:06 - Jun 1 by RobTheMonk

Seems like a good signing. QPR had a respectable mid table championship finish and they seem gutted to see him go. Could be a shrewed signing and will offer us some height in both boxes.

What's interesting as well is that he lost his place towards the end of the season and that's when they dropped off from likely playoff challengers to mid-table.

Sure there were bigger factors than him being absent or it would be obvious to their fans but would be interested to see Tom The Writers stats on what Ball does.
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 15:25 - Jun 1 with 3892 viewsHighgateBlue

On paper he looks like a decent enough signing. More than 80 appearances in the Championship over the last 3 years, and got some game time in the Europa League when at Aberdeen four years ago. Still at a very good age.

When you add to that the broadly positive views of QPR fans, and the fact that mighty KMac rates him, I think one has to be positive on this one.

I'm still most interested in what's going to happen up front, and to a lesser degree at LWB, mind...
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 18:43 - Jun 1 with 3489 viewsVeggie

Seems to be getting favourable reviews in favour of Dozzell. Nice.

“ Would have had him in the team ahead of Dozzy personally, and there have been plenty of games where he might have done better than Johansen, which wasn't hard”

“I think if johansen contract was less and unsure why Dozell above him but think even if we could have offered a contract would have been only a one year contract.”

“So Dom Ball gets picked and Dozzell sits on the bench that's because Warbs had nothing stopping him picking his team, obviously Ball doesn't have the supposed sell on value and we've paid a £1 million for Dozzell , hence the emphasis was always to give Dozzell his chances.
I certainly would have at least tried to keep Ball by making him an offer, an excellent squad player who can play in a variety of positions, he may not always be first choice but he must have sat on that bench for the last few months despairing at the lack of effort in midfield.”
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 20:50 - Jun 1 with 3235 viewsgtsb1966

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 18:43 - Jun 1 by Veggie

Seems to be getting favourable reviews in favour of Dozzell. Nice.

“ Would have had him in the team ahead of Dozzy personally, and there have been plenty of games where he might have done better than Johansen, which wasn't hard”

“I think if johansen contract was less and unsure why Dozell above him but think even if we could have offered a contract would have been only a one year contract.”

“So Dom Ball gets picked and Dozzell sits on the bench that's because Warbs had nothing stopping him picking his team, obviously Ball doesn't have the supposed sell on value and we've paid a £1 million for Dozzell , hence the emphasis was always to give Dozzell his chances.
I certainly would have at least tried to keep Ball by making him an offer, an excellent squad player who can play in a variety of positions, he may not always be first choice but he must have sat on that bench for the last few months despairing at the lack of effort in midfield.”

I actually find the Dozzell views a bit sad really. Would like him to do well. Can't work out why you picked out the Dozzell negatives and like them.
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 20:53 - Jun 1 with 3215 viewsjeera

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 20:50 - Jun 1 by gtsb1966

I actually find the Dozzell views a bit sad really. Would like him to do well. Can't work out why you picked out the Dozzell negatives and like them.

It doesn't make a lot of sense does it.

How we have a handful of fans who just hate for the sake of hating, and for no apparent valid reasons.

Jealousy maybe? I honestly don't know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 20:55 - Jun 1 with 3203 viewsgtsb1966

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 20:53 - Jun 1 by jeera

How we have a handful of fans who just hate for the sake of hating, and for no apparent valid reasons.

When you you consider the state of the club at the time he left you couldn't blame him one bit.
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 21:14 - Jun 1 with 3090 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Does it? Forget your promotion dreams then.
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 21:29 - Jun 1 with 3036 viewsportmanking

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 21:14 - Jun 1 by Mach_foreignBlue

Does it? Forget your promotion dreams then.

Cole Skuse in his prime (2013-2016) was a top Championship holding midfielder. An excellent interceptor and underrated range of passing. He wasn't as aggressive or as combative as Ball appears to be, but he'll do a similar role in this McKenna setup IMO.
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 21:52 - Jun 1 with 2929 viewsWicklowBlue

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 21:29 - Jun 1 by portmanking

Cole Skuse in his prime (2013-2016) was a top Championship holding midfielder. An excellent interceptor and underrated range of passing. He wasn't as aggressive or as combative as Ball appears to be, but he'll do a similar role in this McKenna setup IMO.

Noted re. Skuse and agree with the points made.

However, we've just signed yet another player who has tonnes of Championship experience, what is it 100 games plus with QPR?

Let's remember we are in L1 and have disappointed massively in terms of results during our sojourn in this league.

Personally I am delighted with signing Dom, we soo need some more street wise players with a bit of grit to stick in midfield aongside Morsy and others. Plus he gives us cover in the back 4 if needed.

Dom as you say is soo much more aggressive in his game than Skuse was. For me he is the rough experienced player we need.

I'm all into Ball's
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 21:57 - Jun 1 with 2897 viewsRadioOrwell

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 14:54 - Jun 1 by Guthrum

Perhaps the idea is for him to sit deeper, allowing Morsy greater freedom to get up the pitch (and score more goals)?

Or we have Ball and Morsy deep so all the flair guys can pretend they are Messi.

Also the review of Dozzell is hilarious. Sounds like we got the right guy.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2022 22:17]
Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 22:16 - Jun 1 with 2822 viewsVeggie

Loft For Words verdict on Ball… on 20:53 - Jun 1 by jeera

Lighten up will you, Mr Judgemental. Who said anything about hating him? I actually meant that he is rated as better than Dozzell by the QPR fans on that thread. Nothing about hating him, just pleased that we have potentially got ourselves a better player on a free.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024